BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

33 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The only source of £450,000 is the Lancashire Telegraph. 

If correct it has been covered by wage savings made in the last 6 weeks. That was my point.

Yeah think you’ll get the fee down to zero eventually to prove your point we never pay a fee for a goalie or C/b.

37 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The only source of £450,000 is the Lancashire Telegraph. 

If correct it has been covered by wage savings made in the last 6 weeks. That was my point.

And what source have you seen saying it was only 200k?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

If he (Whitney) thinks it’s still on then it prob is. He has no obv reason to lie (ie isn’t some wanked out transfer account or attention seeker based on his previous tweets etc) and broke the Kipre story before any journalists had even mentioned the name. Seems to have the inside track? Let’s see.

Ill tell you summat though...if Mowbray pulls this £900k transfer off under PL West Brom’s nose after signing a keeper via our European scouting network then things in here get interesting! Those who’ve mocked the European model, said we were skint and we’d be reliant on freebies and loans and reckoned Mowbray couldn’t tempt players with his Mrs Lemon drizzle cake might well be feeling a little red faced...??

fyi - bearing in mind we’re in the middle of a global pandemic, aren’t generating cash and are perilously close to ffp troubles, who’s paying for all of this? Hate them all we like, but they always pay up! ???

I'd be more inclined to focus on the improvements those transfers make to us as a team than focusing on point scoring over people I've never met. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

You won’t hear anything from me. I’ve nothing to be triumphant about. I haven’t nailed my colours to us utilising the European network or spending money or negotiating tough deals. I speak up when I see unfair criticism...

However, as I’ve said. Those who HAVE stated we “don’t have a pot to piss in”, those who’ve sneered at the European scouting network set up by Mowbray and those who claim he cannot attract the right type of players (lemon drizzle blah blah) may feel a little...silly? Perhaps? ??‍♂️??

Modest permanent cash signings in the current climate.  Probably the least we should expect backed by wealthy owners...but arguably  better than nothing.

One signing through a European scouting network (that was dismantled under Venkys watch - having recruited many players from Europe previously) who may or may not be any good? 

Hardly a reason to be triumphant about recruitment.  

It's the bare minimum Mani. 

It always seems to be.  Managers hired, Club employees, signings, ground, pitch, Season Tickets etc.  It's just the bare minimum.

Now the fault for a lot of the above may lie with the charlatans we've had as MD but everyone of them has been here at Venky's behest. 

The only thing that the owners get a smidgeon of credit for is funding the academy. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, unsall said:

Go and ask Wigan, Bolton supporters how it’s going at their clubs,

I can always think of clubs who are worse off than us but what sort of starting point is  that?

Shouldn't we be looking up not down?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, unsall said:

Go and ask Wigan, Bolton supporters how it’s going at their clubs, I’m not ashamed,not a Venky lover just a realist, too many on here just hate everything at Rovers from the owners, manager, management team, coaches, marketing even down  to the ticket office, pathetic really. 

And who has put us in a position where we could potentially be the next Wigan or Bolton? I'd say the people who hate Rovers are those who still defend the very people who have taken our great club to the brink.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, unsall said:

Go and ask Wigan, Bolton supporters how it’s going at their clubs, I’m not ashamed,not a Venky lover just a realist, too many on here just hate everything at Rovers from the owners, manager, management team, coaches, marketing even down  to the ticket office, pathetic really. 
Anyway first day back to work after furloughed, Mr Waggot has just rung me, to get back in, season tickets need sorting.

Name names. Who ‘hates’ the manager, coaches, and even more specifically the folk just doing their job down at Ewood, in the ticket office or elsewhere?

14 minutes ago, unsall said:

Anyway first day back to work after furloughed, Mr Waggot has just rung me, to get back in, season tickets need sorting.

I think hate is a strong word. Although i do dislike the owners intensely and I don't ignore that in return for their money to keep the lights on.

In terms of the rest it isnt hatred or particular dislike, just my view that the operation is grossly inadequate for a club of our stature, assembled on the cheap and unlikely to see the club succeed or reach its potential on or off the pitch.

Of course that then comes back to the owners.

• Like 9

37 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

With all due respect. That’s complete guesswork from a random account. Not looking good for us though granted. 

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

You won’t hear anything from me. I’ve nothing to be triumphant about. I haven’t nailed my colours to us utilising the European network or spending money or negotiating tough deals. I speak up when I see unfair criticism...

However, as I’ve said. Those who HAVE stated we “don’t have a pot to piss in”, those who’ve sneered at the European scouting network set up by Mowbray and those who claim he cannot attract the right type of players (lemon drizzle blah blah) may feel a little...silly? Perhaps? ??‍♂️??

How many emojis do you reckon you use on a daily basis lad? You’ve got a big variation of them, I’ll give you that....

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Just a word of warning lads, promise I’m not just being easily annoyed as I had far too many to drink in the various bars of Clitheroe last night....

Lucky you! We struggled like buggery to have a sup last night. Been out fair few times since the lockdown ended but never encountered anything as difficult as last night. Suppose with it being the last bank holiday Sunday should have booked tables but live and learn.

Bowland effectively turfed everyone about 8:30. Castle/station/emporium shut at 9. So bar, Rose and crown, swan, white lion, dog, key street either fully booked or massive queues. Brown cow/new inn/buck/social not open. At one point seemed 100s of folk wandering the streets trying to get in anywhere. 

After some serious convincing eventually let us have a few inside piccalinos.

Edited by matt83

6 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Exactly! So IF (that’s for you @Wing Wizard Windy Miller ?) Kipre DOES choose Rovers then those who usual slaughter Mrs Mowbrays Lemon drizzle cake (and Tony’s patter) might be forced to eat a mahoosive slice of humble pie...? ?

I will eat her pie, humble pie and a few pork pies. And I am plant based. 

• Like 1