BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I do don't need to chill out but thanks anyway. If you find something depressing then it's fair to say it depresses you. You used the word depressing which I found odd when it's used in the context of a message board and people's opinions.

Not trying to cause arguments but stating what you said.

Was using it as more of a figure of speech but hey let's just leave it there. I'm not here to argue and neither are you so

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vilesinner said:

You laugh, but I would swap BB or Travis for Reed. £8 million is twice what he is worth imo. 

With the power of hindsight (and a time machine) would you still buy Brereton, when we did, for the amount we did?

Reed might not be worth £8m but Fulham would have been stung a little bit as the selling club knew they had a massive influx of cash from promotion.

Not sure why you're bringing Trav into it but the team would be significantly better off if we had spent the BB money on Reed and put him in the middle of the park next to Trav.

34 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

How does it ‘damage’ Rovers if someone is negative on a message board?

Good job it doesn’t do any damage or we really would be fooked with all us miserable buggers on here ?

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Butty said:

Good job it doesn’t do any damage or we really would be fooked with all us miserable buggers on here ?

Exactly! As long as you get behind the team at Ewood, folk can say what they like on here. Doesn’t impact the team one iota.

Though it does amuse me that those that love to talk about ‘positivity’ and ‘optimism’ in life gets their kicks by wind ups and petty point scoring on an anonymous message board, bit of a negative and damaging approach, no? ?‍♂️ 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Tosin has been on loan at Championship clubs for the last couple of seasons. I can't comment on how he did at West Brom, but I thought he was very good for us. I think he will have his sights set higher this season - either being loaned out to a Premier League side, or trying to get into the City match-day squad.

I think you are being a bit optimistic for the lad there ,I agree he did well for us but Premier League , I do not think so ..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

How does it ‘damage’ Rovers if someone is negative on a message board?

Two fold.

1. Duffy has a sell on clause so Rovers would be eligible for funds should he move on a long term deal

2. WBA were supposedly after Duffy which people think would mean would end there interest in Kipré.

WBA would happily sign both however.

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Simply can't sell him at this point.

Someone will give us money for Del. Best bit of business all summer.  

Fully expect Cunningham to be next.  Top operstor when fit at this level and looks to be 2nd choice to a decent player called Bennet at Cardiff but knowing Mowbray he will play a shit player called Bennet ahead of him here.

• Like 2

I wonder what is taking so long for W.B.A. to confirm Kipre? Surely if they wanted him it should be tied up by now ? AND I am not thinking that we might end up signing him.

9 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Depends what else is going on. I'm sure Sharpe said that we weren't just looking at Kipre, so there will be other stuff going on that we know absolutely nothing about.

I noticed that Naby Sarr is a free agent after leaving Charlton, and his name has been mentioned here and there. Provided we are looking at another first-choice defender, I think he'd be handy to bring in as cover, although I suspect he may be wanting first-team action.

Yes Sarr was mentioned a few days back,  https://www.transfermarkt.com/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=3&land_id=alle&altersklasse=23-30&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=alle&yt0=Show Some of these guys should be possible for us to get? Simunovic, injury prone ?

Edited by Swanson

5 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Someone will give us money for Del. Best bit of business all summer.  

Fully expect Cunningham to be next.  Top operstor when fit at this level and looks to be 2nd choice to a decent player called Bennet at Cardiff but knowing Mowbray he will play a shit player called Bennet ahead of him here.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get some money for Williams, but right now he's our #2 / #3 CB and the season is less than a fortnight away.

I've no confidence that Mowbray is going to get someone in at CB. You can let Williams do all of the due diligence with this MLS club, but you can't cross the t's and dot the i's on the transfer until you bring someone else in. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

There is a load of rubbish on Twitter for the most part, but some claim that he's having his medical today, and that everything was finalised yesterday. "Will be announced in the next couple of days." In the meantime, SSN - who are usually quite on the ball - haven't said anything about a medical or personal terms being agreed.

Maybe the Mavericks are right, but then it's difficult to fathom how they can possibly be in the know when they're just Tweeting about virtually every club.

I'm of the impression that he's very much a backup option for them. I'm sure he is in for a medical now - they want the transfer good to go at a moment's notice IF their first target(s) aren't available.

Kipre is clearly willing to hang on for WBA to make a decision. 

Edited by Exiled_Rover

1 minute ago, OnePhilT said:

In the first part of last season, he was actually very good in central defence. Overall, though, not the player to go with promotion ambitions! Was surprised at seeing him linked with Swansea, as I'd expect him to want first-team football to help any international ambitions. Surely he wouldn't have got that at Swansea!

In any case, he's played around 70-80 minutes of our three last matches. Probably a big indicator that he's off the conveyor belt already. I'd like to think that Wharton will be given a chance this season. He's been good out on loan, and I think he's ready to be part of the match-day squad this season.

Sell Del for a bit of dosh,and give our academy product the chance that he now deserves ?

Turns like a barge and gets caught in no mans land 

4 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

At £1m (Charlton's supposed asking price)... No. I can't imagine either Kaminiski nor Phillips being happy to sit on the bench - or even share the role.

Guess that depends whether we have incoming money from sales.

They won't get a million for him. Half that is more likely and that is where we are capable.

How nice will it be to have 2 1st team quality keepers though.

Reed is a better CM than Travis. There, i said it The guy claiming BB was better value for money than Reed would be at 8 million is bonkers.

That is not to say that Travis could develop into a better CM, just going off right now. Heck, I dont see 8 mill bids coming from the PL for Travis.

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Connor McBride?

Why, why, why why?

The lad looks like a good meal would kill him!!!

Has played 16 games in Scotland's fourth tier and wait for it, has just one goal to his name!

Where does that leave likes of Butterworth and Vale.

IMO, more nonsensical business.

McBride is a 23’s signing, but so was Tyrhys Dolan. I have faith in the youth development recruitment. They sourced Travis, JRC and Butterworth from United and Liverpool too.