BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Where is this from?

Lindsay would be a far cry from Kipre and is not a player that I would be particularly excited about but at least I suppose that would involve not putting all of our eggs into one basket when we have numerous positions to sign.

Sharpe openly said that we had gone down the line with two permanent, uk based players and a potential loan in the cb position last week.

looks like moves for Lindsay and possibly Sarr have been ongoing alongside Kipre...

Re Lb - Bryan Oviedo anyone? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Sharpe openly said that we had gone down the line with two permanent, uk based players and a potential loan in the cb position last week.

looks like moves for Lindsay and possibly Sarr have been ongoing alongside Kipre...

Re Lb - Bryan Oviedo anyone? 

I’d take Oviedo. Where’s he at now? I’m sure I saw him on tele not long back in a European game but he was playin winger not wing back. 

Left footed, been at Everton and attack minded - sounds a good fit for a Mowbray full back. 

6 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I’d take Oviedo. Where’s he at now? I’m sure I saw him on tele not long back in a European game but he was playin winger not wing back. 

Left footed, been at Everton and attack minded - sounds a good fit for a Mowbray full back. 

He’s at Copenhagen 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, m1st said:

Really, TiG? Don't you really mean, "As a Rovers' fan, I really hope he'll tell West Brom to do one."??

Put yourself in his boots and you're a young-ish footballer, currently on the books of a League One club which is in administration, and a  Premier League club and one from the Championship are competing for you to join one or other of them. And, as far as we know, each is promising more money than your present club is likely to be able to pay you.

Surely in those circumstances as that young footballer, you'd sit back and let your agent negotiate the best financial package for you, even if it meant being a squad member at the Premier League club. I'm fairly sure I would, if I were his age.

I have no problem if Kipre wants to go to West Brom. If I were him I would do the same. Seems an agreement has been reached between the 2 parties. 

My issue is with the way West Brom are treating him, he is obviously not their 1st choice and are apparently still looking at other alternatives. 

If they want him, sign him and stop pissing him about. 

• Like 2

Fairly random suggestion. Dont think he would need to quarantine coming from Denmark but no idea on availability. 

Read an article last week from Lewis Morgan who was at Sunderland with him, who claimed that he regularly feigned injury when he couldnt be arsed:

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/sunderland-afc-news/sunderland-lewis-morgan-slams-bryan-oviedo/

1 hour ago, OnePhilT said:

West Brom think they can do better than Kipre, but it's as though they want him to hang around until they can't find anyone else. He could be in with a chance of higher wages, but not sure the reluctance from them is a great first impression. If I was Kipre, I'd be looking at sorting things out with a club that does want you and can still pay a reasonable wage.

There's also an interesting suggestion from Nixon that West Brom might not be offering the high wages that you'd think...

What I was trying to say but said much more eloquently. 

In any walk of life I'm not sure this is an employer/situation you want to be in! 

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

He might just have said i want a chance at a Prem club and that's WBA but if not and no other big club jumps in Blackburn Rovers is my first choice.  Or at least that's what his agent will be telling everyone and the player himself probably.

So other than sit tight and hope it comes off there's not a lot else they can do apart from drop it altogether and run the risk of missing it if your scenario does eventually play out.

Plan B is almost certainly a loan punt on another young PL center half they probably have a list and will just grab whoever they can at the death if it comes to that.

Like the keeper thing we shouldn't really be in this situation in the first place there's been plenty time and good players knocking around for it to be addressed. 

There's a saying in College Football recruiting (where 17/18 year olds commit to a college during their senior year of high school - but can only make it 'official' in December / February [there are two signing periods] - in the meantime they get recruited by everyone and their brother) "if you're looking, we're looking". 

I'd keep the offer on the table for Kipre, but I'd be pursuing other options too. If we find someone else and that eats into / uses the Kipre transfer money - fine, he's left without a place at Ewood. Can't be left holding our dicks hoping WBA find someone better. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, m1st said:

Really, TiG? Don't you really mean, "As a Rovers' fan, I really hope he'll tell West Brom to do one."??

Put yourself in his boots and you're a young-ish footballer, currently on the books of a League One club which is in administration, and a  Premier League club and one from the Championship are competing for you to join one or other of them. And, as far as we know, each is promising more money than your present club is likely to be able to pay you.

Surely in those circumstances as that young footballer, you'd sit back and let your agent negotiate the best financial package for you, even if it meant being a squad member at the Premier League club. I'm fairly sure I would, if I were his age.

Depends if you're ambitious or not I guess. 

I suspect he backs himself to go to WBA and win a starting role - at 23 going there to just be a backup is a baffling decision. 

4 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Wondering if there's a possibility of Kipre going to West Brom, and then being loaned out to a Championship club straight away. He'd end up with the wages that he hoped for, with the game time that he wants, and West Brom would have made a cheap signing that could be Premier League-ready next season or, should they be relegated back to the Championship, a ready-to-go first-teamer.

The issue would be on what the two clubs want there. WBA likely do want a stronger squad option who might really challenge for the shirt, and we likely want to stop pissing about in the loan market for this key position. I don't think WBA are looking at this one as just an investment or they could have done it already.

I’ve seen Naby Sarr’s name mentioned today, if Kipre doesn’t happen I wouldn’t be against us signing him. Extremely popular with Charlton supporters. He’s not technically gifted but he’s 6 foot 5 and is a solid defender, forget playing out from the back, Toisin was amazing on the ball but for me the first thing you want from a Centre half is for them to win tackles and head the ball away, Sarr is capable in that regard I believe. Free agent as well so it’s a no brainer. 

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Butty said:

I’ve seen Naby Sarr’s name mentioned today, if Kipre doesn’t happen I wouldn’t be against us signing him. Extremely popular with Charlton supporters. He’s not technically gifted but he’s 6 foot 5 and is a solid defender, forget playing out from the back, Toisin was amazing on the ball but for me the first thing you want from a Centre half is for them to win tackles and head the ball away, Sarr is capable in that regard I believe. Free agent as well so it’s a no brainer. 

From reading around twitter it seems more the opposite. Good at playing out from the back but a liability defensively. Who knows though. I'd rather it your way round I must say

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

From reading around twitter it seems more the opposite. Good at playing out from the back but a liability defensively. Who knows though. I'd rather it your way round I must say

Well if I’ve read it wrong then I can see why we are interested in him. Mowbray doesn’t like actual defenders does he he’d rather have a Toisin than a Samba that’s for sure. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

Would you have signed Kipre if you were promoted to Prem League? Unsure 

No, I'd want better. Not convinced that WBA are that keen on him, he's clearly a back up option for them. You can't blame Kipre for holding out though to see if they do firm up their interest as you can't turn down a premier league move and premier league money. 

Not too keen on the idea of signing Sarr. Potentially ok as a back-up (is he any better than D Williams though?) but certainly not as a first choice centre half. 

On 28/08/2020 at 11:22, J*B said:

I don’t either, but I’ve been told the opposite — Kipre will hold out for a big move. 

I really like Kipre as a player, but for me this has been going on too long now. This is the 6th day he has had us waiting to see what WBA do, I would rather we moved on to our next target, especially if they really want to play here. 

We surely are looking for more than just a solitary centre back, we want 2 plus other positions especially left back. I get that there is an element of balance in terms of allocating the budget and I also get that Kipre is likely better than any alternative but even if we left that contract on the table, we could be getting in a left back and another centre back but it all seems to be one in at a time. If we go to Bournemouth with a defence with Bell and Wharton in, we will struggle. Imagine if Lenihan picks up a knock for Ireland!

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We surely are looking for more than just a solitary centre back, we want 2 plus other positions especially left back. I get that there is an element of balance in terms of allocating the budget and I also get that Kipre is likely better than any alternative but even if we left that contract on the table, we could be getting in a left back and another centre back but it all seems to be one in at a time. If we go to Bournemouth with a defence with Bell and Wharton in, we will struggle. Imagine if Lenihan picks up a knock for Ireland!

Which is interesting because Wharton looked far more composed than Lenihan in the Cup game.

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Which is interesting because Wharton looked far more composed than Lenihan in the Cup game.

Even if we accept Wharton is ready and good enough that still leaves 2 slots to fill. Assuming that Mulgrew and Williams are on their way. 

• Like 2