BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

57 minutes ago, Feed the Yak said:

Completely off the point, but loving that the Charlton fans have given him a song to the tune of 'Baby Shark'.

We've really missed a trick not doing the same for Bradley Dack over the last few years

1 minute ago, RovingRover said:

Pretty sure Cameron Carter-Vickers is another player who has been discussed as a loan target.

Was impressive with Luton last season, would be happy with him though would prefer him on a permanent deal. 

Also think Sarr would be good buisness on a free transfer, certainly an upgrade on Williams. 

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think he has one year left at Spurs so I dont see why they would loan him out.

Loan with a view to buy? Spent a good few years being loaned out to Championship clubs now. Would not be totally against that idea - formed a good partnership with Van Der Horn at Swansea two seasons ago.

This teaser has already sprouted some names.

Sarr

Whiteman

Cameron Carter-Vickers

Hanley

Stockdale

Minnone

Brad Smith

Cunningham

And thats without the silly ones such as Messi, Rodrigueez, Duffy, and Toni

Gonna be a long day!

Edited by JacknOry

22 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Sarr

Whiteman

Cameron Carter-Vickers

Hanley

Stockdale

Minnone

Brad Smith

Cunningham

Gonna be a long day!

Add Tosin back on loan, and Sessegnon from Fulham

9 hours ago, JoeH said:

1338112812_vsDoncasterlenihan.png.3eac00a378aa6959c013888153789ea0.png

Take this goal vs Reading. Lenihan completely out of position, Obita can run into the grand open space left by Nyambe who's attempting to cover the lack of an RCB, he can cross to the open lad who Lenihan should be with, or he can aim further for the two lads who've doubled up on Hayden Carter due to Lenihan's absence. Goal ensued.

Lenihan wasn’t absent though. In the lead up to the goal he was marking Meite, while Carter was marking Baldock. As the cross is about to come in the two strikers switch sides and both our centre backs have to change who they’re tracking. I don’t think there was anything wrong with their marking or positioning... it was a good cross and finish.

The issue for me is that Nyambe was in no man’s land. Split between whether to close down Obita or mark McCleary. Travis and Holtby are nowhere to be seen, which leaves both Nyambe and Lenihan scrambling to track 2 targets. 

Travis was really poor that game and his absence left Lenihan and Carter to deal with 3 central attackers. He was also responsible for a goal about 4 minutes later as well.

Besides all that, Walton should have saved it :) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Miker said:

Lenihan wasn’t absent though. In the lead up to the goal he was marking Meite, while Carter was marking Baldock. As the cross is about to come in the two strikers switch sides and both our centre backs have to change who they’re tracking. I don’t think there was anything wrong with their marking or positioning... it was a good cross and finish.

The issue for me is that Nyambe was in no man’s land. Split between whether to close down Obita or mark McCleary. Travis and Holtby are nowhere to be seen, which leaves both Nyambe and Lenihan scrambling to track 2 targets. 

Travis was really poor that game and his absence left Lenihan and Carter to deal with 3 central attackers. He was also responsible for a goal about 4 minutes later as well.

Besides all that, Walton should have saved it :) 

Exactly, like I said earlier, there is absolutely no context so to use 'stills' as criticism of any player is ridiculous. Lenihan has his man side-on where he can see him, perfect positioning, the issue is that there is someone running into the box unmarked (it isn't Lenihan's man). If Lenihan moves over to mark the space he leaves his man unmarked behind him. 

5 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Sarr

Whiteman

Cameron Carter-Vickers

Hanley

Stockdale

Minnone

Brad Smith

Cunningham

Gonna be a long day!

And I bet nothing happens in the end anyway!