BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

• Moderation Lead
32 minutes ago, Kie_BRFC said:

I got blocked from Nixon the other day for saying 'F*** off Coyle', in response to some article he wrote about him. Joker

To be fair, if someone I didn’t know told me to foxtrot Oscar on Twitter, I’d probably block them too....

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Damien said:

Mind you. Sometimes people do hear things and want to give the MB a boost. But of course if they say who told them or say too much, Then their sources dry up. 

personally, I like the tid bits! 

Tit bits are fine any grain of hope is welcome and i agree about the 'sauces' but it's when it comes with a dose of billy big time it begins to look a bit daft. Particularly when it's often 2+2 = 46  after someone overhearing someone else in the corporate lounge etc.

17 minutes ago, JoeH said:

We were linked with McNair last summer, any chance it’s him? Don’t feel like that’s it but idk

He’s played for both Sunderland and Middlesbrough so he’s basically Mowbray’s wet dream of a centre half with all that North East connection. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The only reliable fuel for the MB.

And non of this nudge nudge wink wink i know someone who knows something but can't say nothing crap.

It's odd, isn't it? So I'm pretty clued up on the behind the scenes at Wigan Warriors, but I don't go on their message boards and do this whole song and dance routine.

Each to their own though - either share the information or don't, but don't tease that something is happening then walk away.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

McNair is a central midfielder.

He started at United as a centre half and has also played a bit of right back/right wing back for Northern Ireland.

I have to admit that, barring one friendly were he took the Czech Republic apart on his own, I've never really been quite sure what to make of him. As a central midfielder he's not really a tackler nor a passer, he will cover lots of ground though. 

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It's odd, isn't it? So I'm pretty clued up on the behind the scenes at Wigan Warriors, but I don't go on their message boards and do this whole song and dance routine.

Each to their own though - either share the information or don't, but don't tease that something is happening then walk away.

It's a bit Nixonesqe at times feeling the need to say 'somethings happening' - i'll claim the credit for telling you so when its happened but in the meantime i can't say anything.

If i throw 50 darts i'll hit the bull at least once.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, belfast_rover said:

He started at United as a centre half and has also played a bit of right back/right wing back for Northern Ireland.

I have to admit that, barring one friendly were he took the Czech Republic apart on his own, I've never really been quite sure what to make of him. As a central midfielder he's not really a tackler nor a passer, he will cover lots of ground though. 

So he’s basically Jason Lowe? No Thankyou 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I quite like the tid bits man. If they don't come off ah well, but in an era in which Rovers gets little publicity sources that come on here are more or less what we have left in terms of 'paper talk'. They aren't trying to sell a product a la Nixon. 

The people that don't like them can just scroll past and/or ignore it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rigger said:

That’s 3

2. Cameron Carter-Vickers and Brad Smith

1 hour ago, PeteJD13 said:

Carter Vickers is a bit out of the blue?

A name mention by @RovingRover last night. Possible loan deal but hoping its a permanent deal if it him as he will never break through at Spurs

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

He basically just tweets rovers news for Chaddy, everyone else is blocked.

Plenty more Rovers fans tweet him much more than me Davul. 

I think the criticism is not in regards to genuine slithers of gossip to discuss, it is at the baiting of a cryptic message with absolutely no substance, no name, no position, no personal opinion, so nothing really to discuss. Thats only my opinion.

Regarding Nathaniel Phillips, he has barely played any senior football and presumably would only be a loan. Not for me.

Ashley Williams, absolutely not.

• Like 2