BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, West Yorks Rover said:

According to the LT we fought off competition from the Premier league for the lad from Celtic.

You couldn't make it up.

But somebody did.

lol,that exactly what i thought,worded like we`ve fought off the might of arsenal,spurs and man utd to sign the next kenny dalglish only to put him in the u23`s

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wll its was obvious that JB's possible signing was the ex Celtic forward

Its appears that we had Kipre in the bag until WBA came in. 

Philips could be just 1 of 2 defenders coming in. 

Good detective work ?

• Like 1

looking at our team personel,mowbray likes a fresh faced young man does`nt he(not in a sinister way!!),they are all very nice and inoffensive,we could do with a few nutters in the team,the type who start fights in the dressing room if things ar`nt going to well or if someone is shirking,i hope that kaminski is a right headcase who bawls out his defence at the slightest mistake

10 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

looking at our team personel,mowbray likes a fresh faced young man does`nt he(not in a sinister way!!),they are all very nice and inoffensive,we could do with a few nutters in the team,the type who start fights in the dressing room if things ar`nt going to well or if someone is shirking,i hope that kaminski is a right headcase who bawls out his defence at the slightest mistake

He doesn’t seem to like to be challenged. If you challenge - even just sulking at being dropped - you are history.

Being dropped is a test, I think. The right (Mowbray) response is to get your head down, work hard and be patient. No dissent.

It’s a noble goal but you end up with a bland cold, samey, bunch who won’t even challenge each other. Not the kind of characters that will turn a game around if you are losing and playing badly. All a bit too nice. Great when things are going well but useless under pressure.

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead
7 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Late action. Elliott Bennett is bringing back the #AgentBenno saga from a few windows back. Somebody stick the kettle on

Let’s hope he’s finding himself a new club....

• Like 7

Just now, Stuart said:

He doesn’t seem to like to be challenged. If you challenge - even just sulking at being dropped - you are history.

Being dropped is a test, I think. The right (Mowbray) response is to get your head down, work hard and be patient. No dissent.

It’s a noble goal but you end up with a bland cold, samey, bunch who won’t even challenge each other. Not the kind of characters that will turn a game around if you are losing and playing badly. All a bit too nice. Great when things are going well but useless under pressure.

Do you know this about TM marginalising anyone, who challenges him or is it just a hypothesis?

I don't know what has gone on with Mulgrew and I have only heard TM's respectful, public comments, which seem quite reasonable to me. Mulgrew's tweets, on the other hand, seem self-indulgent and spoilt-a real disappointment from one such as Mulgrew.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Go on, what's he said this time?

Somebody said something along the lines of “Benno bring back the #AgentBenno thing” and he said “on the case ?

5 minutes ago, Stuart said:

thats exactly our problem,you are going to come under pressure away from home and at home against the really good sides,alas,we tend to surrender quicker than the french army at times

1 minute ago, Damien said:

That’s hardly fair. Yes he has had some stinkers and I have called him out on Twitter for it but at the end of the day, he plays wherever and whenever he’s told. 

Can’t fault him for his desire to play for the club.

Im not sure you can question the desire of any of the current squad but its not enough in isolation. When Bennett plays it invariably has a negative impact in terms of the teams ability to win points.

Surely tweeting him after poor performances is worse than suggesting that you hope he is leaving on a messageboard.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Damien said:

That’s hardly fair. Yes he has had some stinkers and I have called him out on Twitter for it but at the end of the day, he plays wherever and whenever he’s told. 

Can’t fault him for his desire to play for the club.

Agreed. He seems a decent bloke, a crap footballer but a decent bloke.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Do you know this about TM marginalising anyone, who challenges him or is it just a hypothesis?

I don't know what has gone on with Mulgrew and I have only heard TM's respectful, public comments, which seem quite reasonable to me. Mulgrew's tweets, on the other hand, seem self-indulgent and spoilt-a real disappointment from one such as Mulgrew.

Observations of what has happened and the consequences for different characters demonstrating contrasting behaviours. There are several examples, good and bad.

12 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Somebody said something along the lines of “Benno bring back the #AgentBenno thing” and he said “on the case ?

Just shows how desperate we are for reinforcements.

I’d feel quite a lot better with a centre back in, and ideally a left back.

Is Kipre this season’s Bauer? All our eggs in one reluctant basket followed by a late loan?

I hope people realize all this agent Benno stuff is what gets him in the team all the time when often/mostly he shouldn't be. He ain't daft he knows how to keep himself relevant beyond being a utility man. Team captain and the manager is scared stiff of sidelining him, remember that when he's being slated this season after games.

• Like 3