BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, JoeH said:

I agree... I simply stated that they haven't spent a pittance, I don't know what makes you think there's anything more or less to that. 

Because you were trying to use an illegitimate point to discredit what I was saying. But I'm pleased that you agree the comparison reflects badly on Mowbray.

1 minute ago, S8 & Blue said:

Just catching up.

From the last couple of pages of pointless bickering am I right to deduce that fuck all is happening?

Apparently a non-British, non-defender might be signing. We lost out on a foreign left back because somebody else bid 200k more than us and we are apparently interested in Stokes reserve RB.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 47er said:

Because you were trying to use an illegitimate point to discredit what I was saying. But I'm pleased that you agree the comparison reflects badly on Mowbray.

I'm not trying to discredit with you. You're yet to say anything that I disagree with...

3 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

How long do we take to get signings over the line? We must be the worst at closing/completing signings in the league, not good.

Was last Saturday according to Sharpe when TM mentioned this other CB, so its gone from then to now and "still a bit of work to be done to get that one over the line".  Though that was probably stalled because of the Kipre thing.

But yeah, in general, we are not the fastest movers are we?

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Was last Saturday according to Sharpe when TM mentioned this other CB, so its gone from then to now and "still a bit of work to be done to get that one over the line".  Though that was probably stalled because of the Kipre thing.

But yeah, in general, we are not the fastest movers are we?

We need faster carrier pigeons than the ones flying to India at the moment.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

1 minute ago, Tugayisgod said:

Good to have Rich back. A voice of reason and someone who knows what's really going on

Yeah, I agree. Not for one minute suggesting that JB has made this potential signing up but it would seem it's untrue if Rich hasn't heard about it at this point.

1 minute ago, Ewood Ace said:

Just 9 days until the season starts and we still want 6 players. What a shambles.

But many clubs are in the same boat tho as us like Middlesbrough, 

Also the window is open to 16th October. We have 1st choice keeper in. hopefully we will have a couple more in by the Bournemouth in. 

Bids are in for players from what we know from local journalists and People on here who have good contacts within the club

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Also the window is open to 16th October. We have 1st choice keeper in. hopefully we will have a couple more in by the Bournemouth in. 

Bids are in for players from what we know from local journalists and People on here who have good contacts within the club

That’s alright then if boro haven’t made signings either 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What is the point of bringing in players to " compete " for a place with an existing players who are already regular players. Just bring in a better player and sell the existing player. The " competing " way just leaves you with two average players.

Frustrating...... because no real signings are coming through. But we do need completion. Players must be pushed to produce their best and fight for the shirt.

https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1263720792594014209

Worthwhile reading for getting a picture of Brentford's finances (up to 2018-19)

A few notes:

- They've averaged £8m of purchases and £13.4m in sales per year the past four years. Player trading 'profit' is even higher, but also need to account for their growing transfer amortisation costs (£7m last year, although that's only mid-table in the Championship. We were at only £2m last year, reflecting our limited spend for a few years. Gallagher + Brereton should roughly increase that to ~£5m for this past year, which would still be quite low among Championship clubs)

- Their wages are lower than ours, but their wage-turnover is comparable due to low revenues (their commercial income has generally been low and stagnant, and Griffin Park capped their matchday revenue. I assume both can/will improve with the new stadium and with continued success on the pitch) 

- Owner has invested £78m since taking over (which was reduced by £14m in 2018-19, partly due to further player trading profits, but also £14m profit from selling the land around Griffin Park). Similar to us, much of that funding (plus player sales profit and the land sale) has simply gone toward covering operating losses (high wage-turnovers ain't cheap!), plus the new ground

Edited by RoverCanada
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, briansol said:

I'm wondering what pigeons WBA is using. It's been a week since they were supposedly signing Kipre, still no confirmation. 

West Brom have other needs. One they've got over the line. They've had one bid rejected. They're working on another and have Troy Deeney in their sights. Kipre will just have to wait whilst West Brom sorts out its needs. We know what Kipre wants. Personally,I'd take the contracts down to whichever hotel West Brom have put Kipre up in and get his signature and forget about a medical. Our fitness guys and gals will work out a regimen based on his fitness needs, anyway.

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I couldn't care less about Middlesbrough and other clubs. The first 3 points are on offer in 9 days time not on October 16th and we are heading into that first game with a very weak squad. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Do we know? The only player there seems to be any concrete evidence that we have a bid in for is Kipre. Anyway it's all well and good bidding for players but you have to actually sign players. From what Sharpe has reported from the January window it seems like we were bidding for players who we knew we would have no chance of signing.

• Like 2