BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

24 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Yeah but I think @Richard Oakley might have the frame of reference a little wrong.

I doubt that Marshall would go into what surely is our top 1/3rd of earners. Isn't Dack currently on about 15k and thats near the top of the tree?

20k p/w is very much of the higher end for Championship players apart from the odd outlier.

A little wrong!!!? He’s miles out. Kipre, Robinson and Marshall will be on £30k a week (Each) by the end of the window.

And there’s not a chance we’ll offer Dack £40k per week which is double our current highest earners.

Dickie’s original point was fairly poor. 

• Like 2

Thought Dack and MUlgrew were the highest now.....and we need to put Dack's up to protect  our asset. So Mulgrew needs to be transferred.

No-one else above 12k per week, including our biggest asset which is Adam Armstrong.

The 12 youngsters we have signed from the Youths plus 2 will be on less, cumulatively, than Mulgrew!! Good Management.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

A little wrong!!!? He’s miles out. Kipre, Robinson and Marshall will be on £30k a week (Each) by the end of the window.

And there’s not a chance we’ll offer Dack £40k per week which is double our current highest earners.

Robinson on 50k a week at fulham

33 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

To protect a £15-20m payday we may well have to offer Dack £40k a week in a years time, although i suspect, we will most likely try and sell in January, if he has fully recovered from his injury.

Just now, phili said:

To protect a £15-20m payday we may well have to offer Dack £40k a week in a years time, although i suspect, we will most likely try and sell in January, if he has fully recovered from his injury.

There is absolutely no chance we will offer anybody currently here, or one that we sign, 40k a week base salary. Absolutely none. Not even close.

This is dire stuff, IMO.

Some six weeks since our season ended and just nine days to go to the new season.

I don't think Waggott and Mowbray can have any excuse for their failure to bring in any first team players other than the Genk goalie.

They've had months to plan, review all options, draw up contingency plans  and execute whatever they landed upon.

It's b0ll0cks about Venky's and the budget stuff.  If Waggott and Mowbray felt their hands were tied then they should have been honest and told the fans what the score was and then they should have done the honourable thing and walked, called a lawyer and sued for constructive dismissal.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mercer said:

This is dire stuff, IMO.

Some six weeks since our season ended and just nine days to go to the new season.

I don't think Waggott and Mowbray can have any excuse for their failure to bring in any first team players other than the Genk goalie.

They've had months to plan, review all options, draw up contingency plans  and execute whatever they landed upon.

It's b0ll0cks about Venky's and the budget stuff.  If Waggott and Mowbray felt their hands were tied then they should have been honest and told the fans what the score was and then they should have done the honourable thing and walked, called a lawyer and sued for constructive dismissal.

...other than the fact you assured us they had no pot to piss in, had to cut £10m from the wage bill and sell one or two of our top assets.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

...other than the fact you assured us they had no pot to piss in, had to cut £10m from the wage bill and sell one or two of our top assets.

You can't even get your factual arguments correct!

I said, IMO, between £15 and £20 million had to be 'saved' by net transfer receipts and cuts to wages.

Going back to your point, you wheel and deal.

Problem with that?

Edited by Mercer

26 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

There is absolutely no chance we will offer anybody currently here, or one that we sign, 40k a week base salary. Absolutely none. Not even close.

So you would potentially then be happy for Dack to leave on a free in 18 months time?

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

So you wheel and deal.

Problem with that?

We have no idea what is going on behind the scenes.

I expected more signings at this point myself but we are trying to bring players in ,Kipre being one.

You say every single season that we are in deep trouble...have to sell players etc,we have sold one player of note in 3 years.

4 minutes ago, phili said:

So you would potentially then be happy for Dack to leave on a free in 18 months time?

Nobody would be happy with that. But it is something that may have to be faced. I think we have enough problems to be getting on with.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

We have no idea what is going on behind the scenes.  No person worth their salt would sit in a position of apparent responsibility but be rendered powerless.  IMO, Waggott and Mowbray should get their arses in gear and do something about it, walking if that's what it takes.  IMO, to do nothing is a dereliction of duty and a betrayal of the fans.

I expected more signings at this point myself but we are trying to bring players in ,Kipre being one.  Kipre would have been good but you don't feck about with your targets, you nail them early doors.  Any club can make offers and enquiries but unless they are realistic then you are p1ssing in the wind.

You say every single season that we are in deep trouble...have to sell players etc,we have sold one player of note in 3 years.  We are in deep trouble.  It has cost our owners not far short of £200million - much of it, IMO, their own fault.  IMO, we are now paying the price of managerial incompetence from our owners, our exec management and our football manager.  

Just now, Mercer said:

Did we feck about with Kipre tho?

We made an offer it was accepted then a premier league club came in offered him premier League football and most likely a better wage deal.

We don't have much money to spend, I agree that our recruitment has been poor,we seem to miss out on a lot of targets after spending time tracking them but without fully knowing what sort of budget or restrictions are placed on the management team then I think it's a little unfair to be overly critical of them

2 hours ago, J*B said:

I’m a bit stumped, to be honest. I was told the player was at Brockhall on Tuesday, everything was agreed pending a medical, I had assumed it would be announced by now.

I’ve sort of said all I can... I said this morning the players name I was given is not a defender, he’s actually a central/defensive midfielder... but now Rich is back from his holiday and speaks about a ‘central midfielder not being ruled out’ right at the end of his update, which to me sounds like any midfielder is miles away. 

Really odd. It’s that specific I just can’t see how someone has made it up. But Rich seemingly knowing zero about it raises real question marks. 

These things happen mate, especially with our club, they are horrendous at getting stuff going and over the line.

i mentioned a few names last season we were far down the road with, they didn’t come off and a few on here were only to glad to throw it back in my face , so I don’t give up much info here anymore. 

it’s a shame a few rotten apples spoil it for the rest. 

I was the first to report interest in rob Elliot weeks back however, I see that’s rearing up again. Would say that’s got potential 

• Like 2

Just now, islander200 said:

Did we feck about with Kipre tho?

We made an offer it was accepted then a premier league club came in offered him premier League football and most likely a better wage deal.

We don't have much money to spend, I agree that our recruitment has been poor,we seem to miss out on a lot of targets after spending time tracking them but without fully knowing what sort of budget or restrictions are placed on the management team then I think it's a little unfair to be overly critical of them

How long had Kipre been on our list?

We knew the situation at Wigan and I just think we should have nailed it weeks ago.

All reminiscent of Bauer who we seemingly tracked for 18 months at Charlton only for Mowbray, allegedly, failing to close the deal as he couldn't guarantee the lad a starting place in one of the worse, if not the worse, defence in the Championship!

Similar to Reed from Southampton whom I think Mowbray well and truly pi1ssed off by only rarely playing the lad in his right position as, seemingly, he needed to learn the role from Smallwood and Evans!  Where is Reed now and where is Smallwood now !?!?

Strewth - it does my head in.  IMO, unbelievable incompetence.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Mercer said:

This is dire stuff, IMO.

No need to panic, Middlesbrough’s messiah Mr Warnock has only signed one so far I think. We will sign more just takes a little longer than back in the day when we bossed the market.

Looks like we’ve lost out on Kipre, offered 900,000 but missed out to a premier club, nothing we could do about it, it will happen again like it happens to others.

Why can’t everyone just wait and see what we end up with and then comment.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

We knew the situation at Wigan and I just think we should have nailed it weeks ago.

All reminiscent of Bauer who we seemingly tracked for 18 months at Charlton only for Mowbray, allegedly, failing to close the deal as he couldn't guarantee the lad a starting place in one of the worse, if not the worse, defence in the Championship!

Similar to Reed from Southampton whom I think Mowbray well and truly pi1ssed off by only rarely playing the lad in his right position as, seemingly, he needed to learn the role from Smallwood and Evans!  Where is Reed now and where is Smallwood now !?!?

It's blindingly obvious that Kipre and his agent were playing a long game - waiting to see if a Premier League came in for him with the resulting increase in wage offer - whilst knowing that we and probably others in the Championship were there as a backstop. 

Just now, unsall said:

No need to panic, Middlesbrough’s messiah Mr Warnock has only signed one so far I think. We will sign more just takes a little longer than back in the day when we bossed the market.

Looks like we’ve lost out on Kipre, offered 900,000 but missed out to a premier club, nothing we could do about it, it will happen again like it happens to others.

Why can’t everyone just wait and see what we end up with and then comment.

Precisely - much better to get the right players in eventually than engage in some macho nonsense in making the first raft of signings. Look at Stoke last season.

5 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

These things happen mate, especially with our club, they are horrendous at getting stuff going and over the line.

i mentioned a few names last season we were far down the road with, they didn’t come off and a few on here were only to glad to throw it back in my face , so I don’t give up much info here anymore. 

it’s a shame a few rotten apples spoil it for the rest. 

I was the first to report interest in rob Elliot weeks back however, I see that’s rearing up again. Would say that’s got potential 

We’ll see - I’ve been looking into it today with a few others. I was given two separate pieces of info - the first being we’re due to sign a player on Wednesday morning that is Spanish, I shared it with a few other people to see if they had heard anything and the name I was given is Alex Gorrìn, Spanish defensive midfielder from Oxford.

I now don’t think Gorrìn is right... but I’m convinced there was something in the first bit of info I got. So I’ll still hang my hat on us signing a Spanish player imminently. And I may well be wrong!

Just now, Mercer said:

Like I said we don't know what's happening behind the scenes.

For all we know Kipre wasn't our first choice or he was more expensive a few week ago and we couldn't agree a fee.

On Bauer Mowbray said he wanted a ball playing centre half as one of our two last season hence the signing of Tosin who is a totally different player to Bauer,why should we have given Bauer guarantees of a starting place?He is ok no more than that.

Agree on Reed, Mowbray didn't use him correctly at all.

I'm no big Mowbray fan, think we could do better ,over complicates things tactically and like I said his recruitment has been poor overall our squad is very unbalanced but without knowing what is going on behind the scenes I will reserve judgement until next week as we need the majority of our business done by then ,it won't be acceptable waiting till deadline day to see if any of our targets prices are reduced

3 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

It's blindingly obvious that Kipre and his agent were playing a long game - waiting to see if a Premier League came in for him with the resulting increase in wage offer - whilst knowing that we and probably others in the Championship were there as a backstop. 

Think we should have been in there weeks ago before others even thought of it.

There's our offer.  Take it or leave it.  If they left it, move on to next target.  Life aint that complicated.

Edited by Mercer