BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

11 minutes ago, rigger said:

Nobody would be happy with that. But it is something that may have to be faced. I think we have enough problems to be getting on with.

He'll be sold in January, there is no way they will run the risk of him leaving for free.

An interesting question though, if say we are 4th in Jan and we look to bring in a player who will guarantee promotion, who wants let's say £45k a week, would we do it?

40 minutes ago, phili said:

So you would potentially then be happy for Dack to leave on a free in 18 months time?

Obviously not... but you can’t pay someone 25k more than our next highest earner. What happens when we want to make a signing and we’re paying someone 40k a week? They gonna accept 15k? What about a new deal for Travis and Armstrong? They gonna accept 20k when Dacks on 40? It’d blow out wage structure apart and we’d be back in ffp trouble on top of not being able to sign anyone. We will not pay anyone anything anywhere close to 40k. Be surprised if it was even half.

Just now, islander200 said:

Like I said we don't know what's happening behind the scenes.

For all we know Kipre wasn't our first choice or he was more expensive a few week ago and we couldn't agree a fee.

On Bauer Mowbray said he wanted a ball playing centre half as one of our two last season hence the signing of Tosin who is a totally different player to Bauer,why should we have given Bauer guarantees of a starting place?He is ok no more than that.  So why track Bauer for supposedly 18 months and 'get him into the building' to try and sign!!!!  You can't guarantee players starting places but you can say 'I see you as one of my two regular centre backs - the position will be yours to lose'.

Agree on Reed, Mowbray didn't use him correctly at all.

I'm no big Mowbray fan, think we could do better ,over complicates things tactically and like I said his recruitment has been poor overall our squad is very unbalanced but without knowing what is going on behind the scenes I will reserve judgement until next week as we need the majority of our business done by then ,it won't be acceptable waiting till deadline day to see if any of our targets prices are reduced

1 minute ago, phili said:

He'll be sold in January, there is no way they will run the risk of him leaving for free.

An interesting question though, if say we are 4th in Jan and we look to bring in a player who will guarantee promotion, who wants let's say £45k a week, would we do it?

Which player can "guarantee" promotion ? Could get injured in his first game.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, J*B said:

We’ll see - I’ve been looking into it today with a few others. I was given two separate pieces of info - the first being we’re due to sign a player on Wednesday morning that is Spanish, I shared it with a few other people to see if they had heard anything and the name I was given is Alex Gorrìn, Spanish defensive midfielder from Oxford.

I now don’t think Gorrìn is right... but I’m convinced there was something in the first bit of info I got. So I’ll still hang my hat on us signing a Spanish player imminently. And I may well be wrong!

We have been linked with this Gorrin before haven't we ?

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-blackburn-rovers-plot-raid-to-sign-spanish-midfielder/

Edited by Swanson
Found link
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

If we'd "left it" you and others would have been on here and complaining about "lack of ambition".

If you try and fail then no one can criticise you if you've been decisive and acted with the best intentions.

We only need players who REALLY want to be at the club.  If the lad didn't want it weeks ago, we could and should moved on to the next target.   

4 minutes ago, phili said:

The only player I can think of that guaranteed success was Rodney Marsh going to Man City. That worked out well.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Can someone tell @Mercer it's Gent we signed the keeper from, not Genk. ?

Stictly speaking it's Ghent!

Apologies, the red wine must be over fueling my fingers!

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, unsall said:

Why can’t everyone just wait and see what we end up with and then comment.

Because as we've seen far too many times the end result is all lastminute.com BS. Professionals get their act together, Venkys,  TM and Co have far too often dithered trying to save a quid or just plain fannied about so that we repeatedly miss decent signings

11 minutes ago, phili said:

Going off the past two January windows when we were in decent positions, I'd say not a chance we would do it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

If you try and fail then no one can criticise you if you've been decisive and acted with the best intentions.

We only need players who REALLY want to be at the club.  If the lad didn't want it weeks ago, we could and should moved on to the next target.   

In the modern world the only players who will really want to be t the club will be those who do not receive higher wage offers elsewhere.

• Moderation Lead
26 minutes ago, unsall said:

No need to panic, Middlesbrough’s messiah Mr Warnock has only signed one so far I think. We will sign more just takes a little longer than back in the day when we bossed the market.

Looks like we’ve lost out on Kipre, offered 900,000 but missed out to a premier club, nothing we could do about it, it will happen again like it happens to others.

Why can’t everyone just wait and see what we end up with and then comment.

Of course they can’t, it’s silly season.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, phili said:

I'd welcome Duffy, Orr and Murphy back on £45k a week if it guaranteed promotion.

24 minutes ago, phili said:

No chance.

6 hours ago, briansol said:

The club has a 1 year option on Dacks contract, which you'll imagine they will exercise, so it's basicly 2 year left.

If we have to activate that clause then he is leaving for free the Summer after.

12 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

fuelling.

You like a flutter. Want to bet on the Rovers back 4 that lines up in the first league match?

It's looking increasingly likely that there will be no new signing in there. So a Bournemouth win will be the first pick on my acca.