BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

6 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

With players at Bournemouth desperate to get out what do you think their team will be ?

Bournemouth will lose key players shortly like Wilson and King just being 2 of them. Wilson linked with Villa and King with a number of clubs. 

Time to judge the Bournemouth game is on the day. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Bournemouth will lose key players shortly like Wilson and King just being 2 of them. Wilson linked with Villa and King with a number of clubs. 

Hopefully - Wilson and King will have a field day against our current back four.

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

But the transfer window doesn't end till October 16th Chaddy, as you keep reminding us so it's likely they'll still be in the team next week and putting themselves in the shop window. 

(Edit: Incorrect player)

Not a priority by any means, and would be shocked were it to happen, but a good move in theory/hindsight if we ever get the CB and LB.

But did I imagine SSN linking us with an interest in Matt Phillips? I've not seen it mentioned here.

As far as right wingers go, I've always rated him, especially in this league. He is like a less hyped but better Tom Ince. Will be 30 this season so not a bad age and obviously has the Championship pedigree. No idea if they were talking loan of permanent.

Would probably spell the end for Chapman (probs for the best - allow Dolan to take over as backup) and hopefully leave Gallagher and Brereton well away from that wing.

0_JS168278757.jpg

Edited by Angry_Pirate

• Moderation Lead
3 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Not a priority by any means, and would be shocked were it to happen, but a good move in theory/hindsight if we ever get the CB and LB.

But did I imagine SSN linking us with an interest in Matt Phillips? I've not seen it mentioned here.

As far as right wingers go, I've always rated him, especially in this league. He is like a less hyped but better Tom Ince. Will be 30 this season so not a bad age and obviously has the Championship pedigree. No idea if they were talking loan of permanent.

Would probably spell the end for Chapman (probs for the best - allow Dolan to take over as backup) and hopefully leave Gallagher and Brereton well away from that wing.

0_JS168278757.jpg

I remember him making his debut for Blackpool in the PL against us at Bloomfield Road, he came off the bench and scored almost right away.

Always been a good player at this level though.

6 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

0_JS168278757.jpg

He'd be a great signing.

I don't remember us being linked to him though.

19 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

0_JS168278757.jpg

Nat Phillips has been linked, so yeh I think you've imagined Matt Phillips.

Edit - the rumour I mean, not his existence.

Edited by bluebruce

13 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

We were linked with Nathaniel Phillips I think. Not seen any link to matt phillips

12 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Nat Phillips has been linked, so yeh I think you've imagined Matt Phillips.

?

"Chinese Whispers" in full force here in my house ?

I'm sure there will be a "bit in paper" tomorrow about Matt Phillips now ?

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

If we have to activate that clause then he is leaving for free the Summer after.

Yeah sure. He'll be 28.5 years by then, so probably his last chance for PL football. I think he will be sold if he wants to leave anyway either with current contract or a new one. His injury and age probably makes him less attractive for PL clubs to take a punt on him now, so still rate our chances for him staying for a while.

7 minutes ago, briansol said:

Yeah sure. He'll be 28.5 years by then, so probably his last chance for PL football. I think he will be sold if he wants to leave anyway either with current contract or a new one. His injury and age probably makes him less attractive for PL clubs to take a punt on him now, so still rate our chances for him staying for a while.

The thing with Dack is that we either need promotion or to cash in on him. Otherwise he’s just a show pony with a “famous” girlfriend that we had for a bit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stuart said:

The thing with Dack is that we either need promotion or to cash in on him. Otherwise he’s just a show pony with a “famous” girlfriend that we had for a bit.

I get your point, but we might not have the choice. Clubs might not want to pay enough next summer, so it could have more value for us having him one more season for a promotion push and letting him leave on free.

• Like 1

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

Yep. Showing my age, but I enjoyed Tony Field with all his goals. However, selling him funded Rovers winning promotion the following year..

Indeed Lenny. In fact, given the club's financial state, it could be argued that the use of Dack will define our future as a football club.

Just now, LDRover said:

Indeed Lenny. In fact, given the club's financial state, it could be argued that the use of Dack will define our future as a football club.

I think so too. I remember the malaise at the end of that season, when Lee first came in and everyone was sold to Furphy at Sheff Utd.

It was all worthwhile the following season ..

18 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Yep. Showing my age, but I enjoyed Tony Field with all his goals. However, selling him funded Rovers winning promotion the following year..

Gordon Lee was and probably still is a far far superior manager than Tony Mowbray. 

Need a new manager asap , whatever the scenarios are ...

• Like 5