BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

1 hour ago, Tugay-is-God said:

Eh, not really. The club is called "Gent". 

Really!?!?:

Koninklijke Atletiek Associatie Gent, often simply known as Ghent or by their nickname De Buffalo's, is a Belgian sports club, based in the city of Ghent, East Flanders. 

Edited by Mercer

21 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Gordon Lee was and probably still is a far far superior manager than Tony Mowbray. 

Need a new manager asap , whatever the scenarios are ...

getting on a bit now is gordon lee!!!!!!he must be nearly 90?,i don`t rate mowbray as a manager,his man  management is terrible and the treatment of harrison reed was a turning point in my opinion of him,everyone could see his potential in the middle of the park apart from mowbray,kendal,saxton and mackay were far better managers on an absolute shoestring budget,i would`nt be to bothered if he ***** off tommorow tbh

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

getting on a bit now is gordon lee!!!!!!he must be nearly 90?,i don`t rate mowbray as a manager,his man  management is terrible and the treatment of harrison reed was a turning point in my opinion of him,everyone could see his potential in the middle of the park apart from mowbray,kendal,saxton and mackay were far better managers on an absolute shoestring budget,i would`nt be to bothered if he ***** off tommorow tbh

Not putting a single striker in the starting 11 vs PNE 2 seasons back when we were looking like we could kick on and become a force in the division was my turning point. Mind boggling at the time and unforgivable. Told me everything I needed to know about Mowbray and the setup at Rovers. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, toogs said:

Not putting a single striker in the starting 11 vs PNE 2 seasons back when we were looking like we could kick on and become a force in the division was my turning point. Mind boggling at the time and unforgivable. Told me everything I needed to know about Mowbray and the setup at Rovers. 

Wasn't Armstrong in that team?

42 minutes ago, toogs said:

Armstrong played and Graham was rested from what I remember.

The 4-1 defeat pissed me off more than the selection to be honest..

• Like 2

Neil Warnock says players and agents will need a reality check this summer after a slow summer transfer window so far. He has detailed of players and agents demands being unrealistic. Plus clubs demands for transfer fees. Says he wanted a player who he valued at 400k. His club wanted 1.5 million so he and Boro walk away. Now that club have offered him to Boro for 500k. Warnock has said he has moved on from that target. 

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/neil-warnock-transfer-market-boros-18875214

Rovers and Mowbray will be facing very similar situations and we are right to not over pay for players. Its great people saying we should have sign player X or player Y but if their clubs demands are way too high then walk away. 

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Neil Warnock says players and agents will need a reality check this summer after a slow summer transfer window so far. He has detailed of players and agents demands being unrealistic. Plus clubs demands for transfer fees. Says he wanted a player who he valued at 400k. His club wanted 1.5 million so he and Boro walk away. Now that club have offered him to Boro for 500k. Warnock has said he has moved on from that target. 

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/neil-warnock-transfer-market-boros-18875214

Rovers and Mowbray will be facing very similar situations and we are right to not over pay for players. Its great people saying we should have sign player X or player Y but if their clubs demands are way too high then walk away. 

It’s not exactly something we’ve done ourselves in recent times though is it, walking away when a clubs demands are too high. We paid Southampton 5 Million for Sam Gallagher and we paid Forest 8 million for Ben Brereton ?

• Like 8

58 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wasn't Armstrong in that team?

Nobody played up front that game until Graham came on in the 2nd half and scored almost straight away. I was there.  Even Dack played deep. Appalling team selection and tactics. Mowbray admitted as much in his post match comments. Which was revealing. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So you'll be happy if we don't 'overpay' for players if that means we start the season with a squad that doesn't have what we need, and potentially risk relegation to League One through it?

If we struggle for the first month of the season and end up playing catch up in a relegation battle we can all join in a back pat that we might have saved a few quid whilst losing millions through relegation or never getting promoted. 

Warnock has only been there a few months and this is his first window. He also has a proper defense and can organise teams. Mowbray has had 4 summer windows and 3 January windows and we are set to kick off with a back 4 including Elliott Bennett and Amari Bell

• Like 4

I love that the isolated example of Boro keep getting brought up. We might not be the only club lagging behind but we are always one of the slowest under Venkys and always will be. We started v Charlton last season with the usual dregs in defence and lost. The value of a fast start has been lost. Does anyone have faith that Mowbray is going to bring in the defenders we need?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

we are right to not over pay for players. 

Thats a joke, right? 

Can you inagine Warnock spunking 12m on them two. He would get Boro up with 12m.  I'd put a large bet on that. Quality manager.

Yet again, defending the club no matter what.  I was at nob end on that 4-1 , should have been sacked that evening.  John Williams would have potted him ages ago.

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

So you'll be happy if we don't 'overpay' for players if that means we start the season with a squad that doesn't have what we need, and potentially risk relegation to League One through it?

If we struggle for the first month of the season and end up playing catch up in a relegation battle we can all join in a back pat that we might have saved a few quid whilst losing millions through relegation or never getting promoted. 

Warnock has only been there a few months and this is his first window. He also has a proper defense and can organise teams. Mowbray has had 4 summer windows and 3 January windows and we are set to kick off with a back 4 including Elliott Bennett and Amari Bell

Has the season start yet? We could make a couple of signings tomorrow. Who knows. So you think we should be over paying for players like Kipre when you on budget which you need to make several signings. We don't pay big wages. Look at Warnock comments about players and agents demands are very unrealistic. Rovers are in the same boat. I remember last summer when people were commenting on Stoke early summer business and look at that turned out. Clubs prices and Players demands will lower cos they need rid of those players and when players realise they wont be playing much. 

Clubs aren't overpaying unless it's a Norwich. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I love that the isolated example of Boro keep getting brought up. We might not be the only club lagging behind but we are always one of the slowest under Venkys and always will be. We started v Charlton last season with the usual dregs in defence and lost. The value of a fast start has been lost. Does anyone have faith that Mowbray is going to bring in the defenders we need?

And I remember you applauded Stoke early transfer businesses last summer. How did those Stoke signings perform under Nathan Jones? 

Yes but Mulgrew wont be in team now. Only played cos Adarabioyo and Williams were injured. 

On the subject of a fast start, Charlton started very well last season but went down. After ten games they had 17 points and were 8th in the league. In terms of balance Cardiff were 14th after 16 games and 7 points outside the playoffs when Harris took over and got them top 6 after 46 games. So yes a fast start can help but doesn't guarantee anything as the above facts show

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Fingers crossed we get walloped at Bournemouth and humiliated v Wycombe then if these exceptions to the rule that a strong start is important is anything to go by. Bell is as much of a liability as Mulgrew.

That's isn't what I said but you started well and get relegated or start poorly and get top 6. There isnt just 1 shoe fit all approach here as my stats show. 3 teams who finished top 6 lost their 1st game and 3 teams who finished top won their 1st game. Another stat for you

Of course we would all like to make winning start to the season and have our squad all in place but in the real world that's doesn't happen in most clubs cases

Edited by chaddyrovers

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

That's isn't what I said but you started well and get relegated or start poorly and get top 6. There isnt just 1 shoe fit all approach here as my stats show. 3 teams who finished top 6 lost their 1st game and 3 teams who finished top won their 1st game. Another stat for you

Of course we would all like to make winning start to the season and have our squad all in place but in the real world that's doesn't happen in most clubs cases

Even by your standards you're completely scraping the barrel here ?

Maybe we should aim to go 3 nil down every game too, after all Liverpool did in Istanbul and still won the champions league final? ?

• Like 4