BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

@OnePhilT   Cunningham as well, but TM's recruitment of defenders and GK's has been poor to say the least. 

Leuts, Walton, Bell all poor. Wasn't a great fan of Downing to be honest. 

Tosin and Cunningham - good. 

Two good defenders/GK's in 3 years is shite when our defence has been shite all that time. 

What was it he said many moons ago: "Judge me after four transfer windows", it's been 7 or 8.

Edited by JoeH

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Where to start. Probably best not too. What a ridiculous conclusion to draw from the opinion that we shouldn't allow suits and bureaucrats back into the football club.

I said Mowbray and Waggott needed help with recruitment. I think you're going off on a tangent.

• Like 1

Would Etheridge at Cardiff be a shout to give competition in the GK department? He’s been told he can leave Cardiff and only has 10 months left on his contract. Depends if he would expect to be number one or would come in to fight Kaminski for that spot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

AA and Dack aside there haven't been many roaring successes considering he must have signed 30+ players. 

Without our academy and (laughably) Coyle/Bowyers signings, he'd have gone in our first champ season.

And I still stand by the fact that if Smallwood hadn't been sent off against Sheffield United then we'd never have seen Travis play for Rovers. He was a day or two from joining Pompey on loan.

Edited by Mellor Rover

12 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Would Etheridge at Cardiff be a shout to give competition in the GK department? He’s been told he can leave Cardiff and only has 10 months left on his contract. Depends if he would expect to be number one or would come in to fight Kaminski for that spot.

1 million asking fee if I remember correctly. I'd have signed him as first choice but like previous comments say, would suspect Kaminski came in as number 1 and a free/cheap experienced head will come in as number two. 

54 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

You can just see it now can’t you. That first game against Bournemouth, Kaminski “needs time to adapt” and “we’re finding it really difficult” as we field a back 5 of Fisher, Bennett, Mulgrew, Lenihan and Bell. Fuck me. It really is inexcusable how that back 5 is even a remote possibility after 3 years at the club.

Come off it, more hyperbole. Without any new signings our back 5 v Bournemouth is likely to be:

Kaminski 

Nyambe (or JRC)

Lenihan

Wharton

Bell (or JRC)

Not ideal granted, but far stronger than the lineup that you consider as a remote possibility. In fact it's such a remote possibility, it won't happen.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

I think he's been linked heavily with Birmingham, who seem to have been very busy in this window. I don't know for certain, but I'd be surprised if Kaminski moved from Gent to Rovers in fairly quick time after he was linked, and at the same time told that he'd be coming here as competition with another goalie.

Plus on supposedly on 30k a week..well above our budget

7 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

Come off it, more hyperbole. Without any new signings our back 5 v Bournemouth is likely to be:

Kaminski 

Nyambe (or JRC)

Lenihan

Wharton

Bell (or JRC)

Not ideal granted, but far stronger than the lineup that you consider as a remote possibility. In fact it's such a remote possibility, it won't happen.

Sarcasm. And that is probably our strongest back 4, which is relegation fodder in my opinion. Wharton only plays cup games for us against lower league opposition and must average 2 goals conceded every game he's played. JRC is a winger, anyone that's watched the U23's can tell you this. And Bell is league two standard.

But also, nobody, at all, would be surprised if Mowbray did pick the back 5 I mentioned. Which says a lot about him.

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

Sarcasm. And that is probably our strongest back 4, which is relegation fodder in my opinion. Wharton only plays cup games for us against lower league opposition and must average 2 goals conceded every game he's played. JRC is a winger, anyone that's watched the U23's can tell you this. And Bell is league two standard.

But also, nobody, at all, would be surprised if Mowbray did pick the back 5 I mentioned. Which says a lot about him.

Nice of you to write Wharton off after one game.

7 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Nice of you to write Wharton off after one game.

He hasn't played one game for us...

I think the club is of agreeance too, seen as Scott is seen as young and not ready yet (22) and yet we've tried signing Kipre and Phillips (both 23).

Edited by Mellor Rover

Kipre is old news. Now over a week since the West Brom interest became known. After that he was always likely to be out of reach.

Even if we had got Kipre we still needed another CB and LB so where are they? 

I hope him being announced at West Brom on 4th September isn't going to be used as an excuse for us not signing players. We've had a week now to get something else done and calm people down.

25 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Another effing midfielder? 

This is just so disturbing. Why why why why why? We have Travis, Evans, Johnson, Davenport and recently Holtby all playing that holding role and to be honest quite a few of them can do it quite well. 

Utterly bizarre to be going in for another one.

18 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

He hasn't played one game for us...

I think the club is of agreeance too, seen as Scott is seen as young and not ready yet (22) and yet we've tried signing Kipre and Phillips (both 23).

He started the League Cup game and looked our best defender.

• Like 2