BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I dont know about an enemy agent sent to ruin Rovers.

But how about this for a conspiracy:

Mowbray has been promising to sign proper defenders for over a year and has failed. Who knows why that might be but our current situation represents a recruitment failure without a doubt.

It is cheap and easy to drip feed stuff to the media to keep the fans quiet and buy some time. The alternative is panic stations. It is in his and the club's interests for people to believe things are happening and that good players who would improve us are being chased.

The Kipre one has bought him another fortnight. Now it turns out WBA were in the pursuit weeks ago so we were highly unlikely to get him unless that deal collapsed and nobody else came in

We've form for this sort of thing. Remember Assombalonga whose pursuit took us through the entire January window in 2019 only to sign nobody other than Chapman. Remember last summers goalkeeper pursuits of Darlow and Hart. Again those links in the Telegraph came from somewhere close to home and convinced the masses that we were armed with cash to get a proven keeper whilst we ended up with Walton on loan. 

Maybe these attempts are genuine and not window dressing but either way we don't get them done and here we are. 

There are the mystery foreign keepers too, who for some reason couldn't be named after we missed out on them. They get referenced a lot though.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Commondore said:

It's a conspiracy then? Mowbray is an enemy agent (sent out from Burnley, perhaps) out to ruin Rovers by playing advanced head games with the fans?  

I suspect Burnley fans would like TM to continue indefinitely!

(Just as I'd like Dyche to decide to spend more time with his family!)

Edited by 47er

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

If Kaminski is even just a tolerable goalkeeper I think a defence of Kaminski, Nyambe, Lenihan, Wharton, Bell keeps out more goals than a defence of Walton, Nyambe, Lenihan, Tosin, Bell.

But it's a big if.

I am not sure how you have come to that conclusion based on that back 5 to be honest.

I get that you are implying that Walton is less than tolerable, which there is some truth in, but "tolerable" is hardly a glowing endorsement for the standard we would like from our goalkeeper. However, I take your point that if Kaminski is better, obviously we are better off there. But youve underestimated the downgrade that taking Tosin out would cause. He might not have been the very best defender in terms of his ball playing being the stand out attribute but he was a very competent Championship defender. Wharton has done well in League 2, happy for him to be 4th choice, but as a replacement for Adarabioyo that is a huge downgrade.

My worry is that we will struggle to get someone as good as Adarabioyo this summer even as a defender, and even then, we would need to improve the defence anyway. Naby Sarr has been repeatedly mentioned, a player who has earned cult hero status but that is not for his solid defensive play at Charlton. But it has to be more than just a good centre back coming in. We need a new left back, we need Kaminski to be good (and a good experienced number 2 in case he isnt) we need to change the way we defend as a team (no need for full backs both being so attacking simultaneously) and we also need more options, whenever even one of our key defenders missed a game last season, we struggled.

There is also left back. Bell only actually started 19 games last year, plus played the majority of the game at QPR. Cunningham obviously had a spell of games where we picked up plenty of points, and Downing also was at left back during our upturn in form.

Either way, and obviously I dont think it will be so its moot, but that back 5 would have us closer to the bottom 3 than the play offs! That is not an improvement on last year even if Kaminski is ok.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Evans fit just in time for an International, great timing as usual...?

I am a Northern Ireland fan also, and in fairness he always gets injured playing for Blackburn.

Anyhow, here is hoping for an injury free run for the little warrior. A broken face and then a broken toe is poor luck indeed. 

44 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

There are the mystery foreign keepers too, who for some reason couldn't be named after we missed out on them. They get referenced a lot though.

There are two mystery foreign players we missed out on this week too that can’t be named for some reason either? JB and unleaded alluded to them

11 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

I am a Northern Ireland fan also, and in fairness he always gets injured playing for Blackburn.

Anyhow, here is hoping for an injury free run for the little warrior. A broken face and then a broken toe is poor luck indeed. 

I'm starting to suspect it isn't just bad luck and his bones are weak. Onset of some sort of osteoporosis type condition maybe? Hope not for his sake though.

7 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I'm starting to suspect it isn't just bad luck and his bones are weak. Onset of some sort of osteoporosis type condition maybe? Hope not for his sake though.

The facial injury he got was absolutely nothing to do with weak bones. There isn't a human alive that would have withstood that impact without a smashed face to show for it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

The facial injury he got was absolutely nothing to do with weak bones. There isn't a human alive that would have withstood that impact without a smashed face to show for it.

There probably is but that's not my point. He broke like 5 different things. It was a nasty impact but I don't think most people would have had quite that many breaks from it. Then not long later he also breaks a bone in his toe? Not saying it's definitely the case, just a theory. He has quite the list of injuries, although most aren't bones of course. But he clearly isn't the most rugged.

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

There probably is but that's not my point. He broke like 5 different things. It was a nasty impact but I don't think most people would have had quite that many breaks from it. Then not long later he also breaks a bone in his toe? Not saying it's definitely the case, just a theory. He has quite the list of injuries, although most aren't bones of course. But he clearly isn't the most rugged.

With the greatest respect, although I will agree totally that he does seem to be unlucky with injuries, your weak-boned theory and osteoporosis diagnosis is ill-informed. Probably best to just stick to 'injury prone', which I don't think anybody would argue with. Even that doesn't necessarily mean he isn't 'rugged'. 

50 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

Club before Country is the golden rule.

Lets hope he gets through this unscathed.