SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

1 hour ago, Tugayisgod said:

Overflowing? Want to tell Dyche that? 

Burnley revenue 2018-19 ...............£137m

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/club/club-accounts/

Rovers revenue 2018-19.............. £15m

https://financialfootballnews.com/blackburn-rovers-fcs-2019-finances-here-to-stay/

27 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

With the greatest respect, although I will agree totally that he does seem to be unlucky with injuries, your weak-boned theory and osteoporosis diagnosis is ill-informed. Probably best to just stick to 'injury prone', which I don't think anybody would argue with. Even that doesn't necessarily mean he isn't 'rugged'. 

With the greatest respect, you didn't read my original post correctly if you think I said he actually has osteoporosis. Obviously I'm not actually giving a diagnosis either, not being a doctor and saying it's just a theory. Not was it 'informed' in order to be ill-informed. At the very least it's a big coincidence that he broke a totally different bone not long after returning.

I was talking in the context of resistance to injuries when using rugged, not being a hard bloke or something. Rugged in that sense, he surely ain't.

46 minutes ago, Tom said:

Jb did name the name he was given, I assume that’s where that twitter account picked up the Gorrín link 

Yes just an analysis of the player after J*B named him. We’ve been linked with him before. Gets rave reviews from Oxford fans but not so sure about him myself

32 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Burnley revenue 2018-19 ...............£137m

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/club/club-accounts/

Rovers revenue 2018-19.............. £15m

https://financialfootballnews.com/blackburn-rovers-fcs-2019-finances-here-to-stay/

Not disputing that at all, just where it has gone if Dyche says he also hasn't got a pot to p**s in. Maybe Garlicks back pocket ??

19 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

With the greatest respect, you didn't read my original post correctly if you think I said he actually has osteoporosis. Obviously I'm not actually giving a diagnosis either, not being a doctor and saying it's just a theory. Not was it 'informed' in order to be ill-informed. At the very least it's a big coincidence that he broke a totally different bone not long after returning.

I was talking in the context of resistance to injuries when using rugged, not being a hard bloke or something. Rugged in that sense, he surely ain't.

Without really wanting to get into a tit-for-tat about the semantics of what you actually posted, you speculated that he had weak bones, possibly the onset of some sort of osteoporosis, because he was unlucky enough to have broken bones in two separate parts of his body in relatively quick succession. You also reckoned that anyone else wouldn't have broken as many facial bones as Evans did (based on goodness-knows what?) an opinion which you have pretty much made up to suit your 'weak bones' theory.  That is where the 'ill informed' comment emanates from.

Anyone who has seen either injury would know that both of those challenges were bone-breakers and not indicative of anything other than bad luck. As someone who had an identical injury many years ago, for him to get back playing again so soon after that facial injury took a huge amount of guts so I'm not sure we should be speculating about some made-up underlying problem that he may or may not have. Nobody is arguing about the fact that he is injury prone - some players just are. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Not disputing that at all, just where it has gone if Dyche says he also hasn't got a pot to p**s in. Maybe Garlicks back pocket ??

They'll be paying the vast majority of that out in wages.

I've also heard that every Board member who's lent them money over the years to keep them going has been paid back with interest.

9 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I've also heard that every Board member who's lent them money over the years to keep them going has been paid back with interest.

Possibly, but still can't see them being big wage payers compared to other Premier League clubs. Maybe that's the reason they never seem to buy Premier league players only championship. 

22 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

These things happen mate, especially with our club, they are horrendous at getting stuff going and over the line.

Ain't that the truth.

Strange really when our manager has asked his mate and our first team coach who has no particular standing or gravitas within the game to put a different hat on and moonlight by heading up transfer negotiations..........

Genius ! You can't understand why everyone doesn't do it!

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Even the one who left the board, declared himself bust then came back on when they got promoted !

People wonder why business men get involved in football.

• Like 2

mowbray,waggot,the coaching staff and half the team are in their cosy little enviroment,no pressure on them to achieve anything but a mid table finish,once you start buying better players the job becomes a bit harder,because they are ambitious and the fans will start expecting as well,i suspect that is why we keep missing out on targets,mowbray is contented in his own bubble,he does`nt want to try for promotion imo

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

Yes, you shouldn't play for your country if you haven't been playing for your club.

But he does have a very important game coming up for country soon too. 

He deserves a good run of fitness now after what he's been through to be fair to him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

mowbray,waggot,the coaching staff and half the team are in their cosy little enviroment,no pressure on them to achieve anything but a mid table finish,once you start buying better players the job becomes a bit harder,because they are ambitious and the fans will start expecting as well,i suspect that is why we keep missing out on targets,mowbray is contented in his own bubble,he does`nt want to try for promotion imo

I'd think better players would make his job a bit easier his main reluctance seems to be taking risks on more established players he doesn't already know. 

He's a risk averse manager on and off the park, that kind of thing keeps clubs stable for a while at least but it'll never propel you forwards. Eventually it will bite you right in the arse but talking the odd risk and pushing the odd boundary puts you in success or sacked territory.

Not somewhere he'll ever venture.

5 minutes ago, unleaded said:

This nonsense about having a World wide network doesn’t wash .. 

It only works if you have sporting director who’s job it is to seive out the right players .. wasting money & resources when everything has to go through a dinosaur of a manager and he’s expected to take training and other things as well as find and watch hours and hours of player figures and videos ... just doesn’t work 

Last Transfer window on the last day he just gave up at 6pm and went home .. He looks a tired manager and it rubs off the squad .

Last sentence is spot on....” He looks a tired manager and it rubs off on the squad”!!!  Everything about Mr Mowbray is “tired” ....the speed of speech, the speed of thought , his touchline body language....just no inspiration....and how often , after the half time “ speech “ do the players take the field and look and move like Mr Mowbray??? 

.....and as for his speed with regard to transfer windows ( 7 )......we’re going to be waiting a bloody long time for these “ defenders to come “  

..... as for Waggott’s speed of thought and decision making ....??? 
Tough time to be a Rover .....they say , “ it’s the hope that kills ya “......no hope for me at the moment 

• Like 2

Mowbray is just doing here what he did at his beloved Middlesbrough. Steady away, comfy, happy campers, fans content knowing he is a decent honest bloke but also knowing he won't ever get them to the promised land.

After 3 years at Middlesbrough of being nearly men Gibson got tired and decided a change was needed. He made a tough and potentially unpopular decision binning Mowbray off and appointed Karanka, but that's what proper chairmen and CEOs do because they act for the betterment of the club and know that you might have to upset one or two.

Never going to get that here with our lot because Venkys would see this club in the Conference before sacking someone they like and the CEO is his best mate. 

So we've another few years left to run of this episode unless Mowbray hits the end of his tether before then, which with our performance in the transfer market might be sooner than we think.

• Like 4