BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

3 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

We've come up with plenty on here.  Unfortunately, it seems like the management of the club haven't got the where with all to sign anybody them.

Buck stops with the manager. They are his targets.

How many realistic available targets?

I ain't seen many

13 minutes ago, damo100 said:

Same old frustrating window started really by a poster a few days ago who told us all to brace ourselves.

You then get the managers who seemingly can't wait to slate Mowbray .

Instead of whinging all the time come up with a player who is available that is better than what we have.

Last two days have been boring as hell.

You think everybody is frustrated just because a poster told us to brace ourselves? Is this your first transfer window on here?

Whinging (and coming up with quite a few viable potential targets, actually) is par the course here, especially when we approach the season's start with an inadequate defence. Which is frequently.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, USABlue said:

So this window is the same as all the others under Mowbray.  Near misses and never gonna happens.  These two are worthless.

Cheer up- just 8 more pages of comments to go and we've done our bit to get another signing.

Just reading your one liner saved me from looking at the last 20 pages.

An inch is as good as a mile if we missed signing Roy Keane, Zidaine, Bobby Baggio, Lewandowski and (this summer) Messi...

I know I unload on Mowbray a lot but got to say the professional football players seem to have as positive an image of him as I do. We simply don't attract our targets.

Edited by philipl
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Possibly the only decent window we had was in league one.  Signing Whittingham, Smallwood, Dack, Downing, Samuel plus Antonsson on loan and Armstrong (Jan window).  We did our business reasonably early that year and signed players who all contributed to an extent.(Whittingham being the disappointment).  Since then (and before)  every window has been a shit show.

The probable reason for that being we were suddenly the big fish again in that league so recruitment easier at that level.

Absolutely nailed it with your last paragraph for me. We have a League One standard structure in place from management all the way up to the 'board room'. So it's hardly surprising the only level we've been 'successful' under the Waggott Mowbray axis is League One.

Yet every, single, fucking, time it comes back to Venkys. The buck stops with them, always, no question. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, damo100 said:

I ain't seen many

It’s a great point. Our European Scouting Network always come to BRFCS first to get ideas for players.

C’mon man, it makes no difference if we come up with names or not - and even if we did/do it just becomes another debate and realism vs lining up Mowbray to fail.

Our recruitment woes begin and end with Mowbray. The manager. Like every club. Except at every other club failure to get it right results in dismissal - especially if you blow £12m that we don’t have.

• Like 5

Gibson joins Norwich, opens the door for a Grant Hanley exit. Can’t imagine he’d take the wage cut but would have him and Darragh alongside each other in a heartbeat. 

Just got in from work and I'm assuming, predictably, fuck all has happened. Write the weekend off as we don't sign players on a weekend and Monday won't be enough time to get the paperwork done. So I'm guessing it'll be at least Tuesday(and that's optimistic) before anyone comes through the door, which obviously won't be enough time for them to be integrated in to the squad. In a nutshell we are fucked for Bournemouth. Cheers Tony, how's about you do the decent thing and fuck off. No more excuses, I'm tired of hearing them!!! 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, damo100 said:

I ain't seen many

Well as we aren't privvy as to whether players are available or not, it's a bit hard to say. But a club with a European scouting network should have identified that info months ago. 

Blaming people on here for a frustrating window is just odd.

• Like 2

How is it possible to be manager of a club for nearly four years, be an ex centre half and to not have made, in that time, a permanent centre half signing apart from Paul Downing? We have the same leaky sh£t defence that we had under that moron Coyle apart from Amari Bell. Same sh£t, different window. It’s so frustrating and boring. 

• Like 6

4 yrs @15k pwk with a massive promotion bonus and Robert is your fathers brother.

Hanley is another who might have to be a bit more realistic with his wages can't see many clubs wanting him on their bench for 25 grand per week.

Can TM handle a player like big Grant though ?  Bowyer was a bit scared of him i think.

Edited by tomphil

Norwich run a tight ship on wages. Delia and hubby won't allow them to chuck millions down the drain on non contributing wages. If Farke doesn't want Hanley he will be under pressure to get the wages off so it wouldn't surprise me if a loan was on the cards.

Becoming clear that it is going to be loans only unless someone takes Williams or Mulgrew off us which might free up the cash for a fee.

Not a fan of Hanley, and I thought he was a poor captain, but he might have that fear factor that keeps others on their toes.

If he could have the type of second-time-around impact that Hendry had it could be just what we need.

• Like 6

Never a massive Hanley fan but at this level he is decent and he’s certainly an improvement on Del, who’ll be starting at Bournemouth at this rate. But cannot for the life of me see it happening. We’ll end up with some kid from a PL under 23s on loan who’s prob no better than Wharton. Why is our recruitment so garbage? 

1 minute ago, Bohinen 22 said:

Never a massive Hanley fan but at this level he is decent and he’s certainly an improvement on Del, who’ll be starting at Bournemouth at this rate. But cannot for the life of me see it happening. We’ll end up with some kid from a PL under 23s on loan who’s prob no better than Wharton. Why is our recruitment so garbage? 

he`s exactly the kind of centre back we need,no nonsense,big,physical and good header of the ball,everything williams is`nt,cannot see it happening though?

• Like 3