BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Hanley seems to be pretty injury prone these days.

He only made 15 appearances last season and none when they season resumed following the break for Covid, due to injury.

Season before that he only managed 9 appearances, as he got injured and then lost his place due to the form of his replacements. He was sent off on his first game back too.

He'd be a decent defender for us but we need someone who's at least reasonably reliable.

• Like 1

The notion of Hanley coming back is fanciful and I think tinged with sentiment. I remember him as an average player but headstrong and far too error prone. Why would he (or anybody) take a huge pay cut? Also what about Mowbrays footballing centre half philosophy? With Lenihan and Hanley together the ball would spend more time in the Riverside or JW Lower.

• Like 4

It's the perfect storm really. We've got a budget that requires a couple of dynamic negotiators - and clearly Mowbray and Waggott ain't that. So we're going to have to get lucky. Very lucky considering our weakest area is one where we haven't bought a decent player since Mowbray and Waggott arrived. The reality therefore is there's very little chance we're getting promoted this season; the Venky loop. 

11 hours ago, unleaded said:

Sack them both ... shambles ..

My Tip would be Mark McKenzie US Player ..Under a Million .. Center Back Hard as Rock .. Fast .. Within Our budget 

Prob End Up with some young raw Local lad who lives around the corner .... 

While we are at it TM could put Sam Vines on the visitlist. In generel I think there is a market of huge potential and skill in the MLS

Edited by DanielMB

16 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

It's the perfect storm really. We've got a budget that requires a couple of dynamic negotiators - and clearly Mowbray and Waggott ain't that. So we're going to have to get lucky. Very lucky considering our weakest area is one where we haven't bought a decent player since Mowbray and Waggott arrived. The reality therefore is there's very little chance we're getting promoted this season; the Venky loop. 

Do you mean Mowbray and waggott together or individually? If the latter, Dack, Armstrong are unarguable, Smallwood and both Downings did the job they were brought in for. 

8 hours ago, rossyrover said:

Hanley was a useless player for the Rovers a red card waiting to happen if we are so desperate as to resign him then we must be in a dire position I would rather we played some of the young lads.

He wasn't useless.

6 minutes ago, alex l said:

Do you mean Mowbray and waggott together or individually? If the latter, Dack, Armstrong are unarguable, Smallwood and both Downings did the job they were brought in for. 

Both. Either.

Agreed Dack and Armstrong are their best signings. The point still stands though; they haven't made a decent singing in defence in their whole time here, and we're weaker than we were there last year with the season starting in a week. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, alex l said:

I think he means defensive signings.

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller

If Hanley is a serious target then it sounds like the plan is just to wait and hope that Norwich eventually back down and agree to send him here whilst paying most of his wages.

Trouble is with a policy like that we won't get a decision until the 11th hour and as with Harrison Reed someone else could come in.

Quite reckless really.

I'd actually be quite happy with Hanley back but not on loan and not the day before the window closes in October.

We need additions now and we need permanents.

3 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I see that Dolan is now getting bigged up in the LT.   Watch Dolan's media profile change from an under 23 signing to a first team signing the longer this window drags on. 

Oh yes after couple of promising cameos in friendlies against League One sides and it is like Christmas has come early.

Also expect more interviews with Dack, Brereton and Chapman as they are dressed up as being 'like new signings'

• Like 1

This is effing pathetic as things stand. We're about to start the season with a 3rd rate defence, an area that has not been worked on for at least 2 seasons. Tosin and Cunningham were quick fixes that worked but have gone back to their clubs leaving us with no planning about what happens next. Sure, names have been mentioned, like Schmidt, Kipre, maybe even Hanley but we can all sit around and mention names here. Apart from Kipre there has been no action to solve issues that have not been resolved for some time.

• Like 1

Errr ... torn on the Hanley link ...assuming his fitness levels are there right now is he a better option than Mulgrew and Williams then yes ,  could he be the type of “man” Mowbray said  he was looking for then yes But I don’t think he’d compliment Lenihan as he’s far too similar to him and I would still believe there are better and probably cheaper options still out there 

• Like 1