BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Kipre wasn't that unrealistic to be fair. We missed out due to the fact West Brom couldn't get their first choice in, Duffy fecked us over again .If Duffy had agreed to join West Brom then they wouldn't have signed Kipre, no other reason for them to sign Kipre as late as they did other than missing out on other targets

On paper Kipre was realistic but if the club were aware a month ago of WBA interest -  they would be his first choice financially and professionally so clearly became unrealistic.

Interesting how our interest suddenly appeared in the local press -before the deal was completed...and since then absoloutely no nearer to a defensive signing.  

We have form for this each season. 

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller
  • Like 4

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

On paper Kipre was realistic but if the club were aware a month ago of WBA interest.  They would be his first choice financially and professionally so clearly became unrealistic.

Interesting how our interest suddenly appeared in the local press -before the deal was completed...and since then absoloutely no nearer to a defensive signing.  

I totally agree, if I was slightly more cynical I would conclude it's constant BS to placate the fan base, "We tried BUT!!!.........."

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, unleaded said:

TM looking stupid after his comments last week about being near signing a player ... Has form did the same about jones last season ..... 

He's done it every window.

He's either having us on or there's something wrong with our recruitment department 

• Like 2

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I hoping for 2 signings early next week so they can play in next week game. 

Cameron Carter Vickers would be ideal and only 12 months left on his contract so a permanent move should be more than capable of doing. 

Not going to happen Chaddy. Id be surprised if we got one in before Bournemouth and he won't go straight into the side in only a few days.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cameron Carter Vickers would be ideal and only 12 months left on his contract so a permanent move should be more than capable of doing. 

Fantastic player, at this level, but he'd cost all of our transfer budget (and probably then some).

15 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

On paper Kipre was realistic but if the club were aware a month ago of WBA interest.  They would be his first choice financially and professionally so clearly became unrealistic.

West Brom wanted Duffy, they've settled for Kipre. West Brom saying they were after him for weeks is just BS designed to make the played feel welcome. I hope he's got a £1m relegation release clause in the contract.

@JHRoverMowbray can be having us on and there be something seriously wrong with the recruitment department. I think Mowbray really hasn't moved past having Tosin and Cunningham back on loan. I don't want any loans. I'd rather suffer through tour players mistakes and wait for the bell to go off in Mowbray's head about playing players out of position and in formations they can't play than bring in loans.

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

Not going to happen Chaddy. Id be surprised if we got one in before Bournemouth and he won't go straight into the side in only a few days.

I'd be expecting 3 of the 4 today with Lenihan making up the defence -with a keeper who hasn't played a competitive game for us.  Basically our league one defence.

We'll get spanked by the cherries.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I'd be expecting 3 of the 4 today with Lenihan making up the defence -with a keeper who hasn't played a competitive game for us.  Basically our league one defence.

I reckon King has delayed a move just so he can score a hat trick against us, to really rub our noses in it. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Yep. At best, it’s looking like being Nyambe - Lenihan - Del - Bell

Jesus Christ. Tony May even plump for Benno over Nyambe too.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Sounds painful 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm hoping to win the £20million lottery jackpot tonight.

I think my hope has a better chance of being realised........................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope Mowbray doesnt get any false impression over the likes of Magloire and Bell helping to reduce the urgency we need to fix the defence.

I also seem to be the only person who thinks we are really lacking going forward. You look at that front 3, Brereton usually comes up woefully short and we havent seen enough from Rankin Costello to suggest  that he can be a regular. Beyond that, there is barely anything. Gallagher and Dack to come back aside, its all unknown and kids. We need something else going forward, we look lightweight and overly reliant on Armstrong.

Our strongest area is central midfield although even there we could do with another technical addition. Travis, Evans and Holtby should be the main 3 in there, not Johnson who cant use the ball.

• Like 1

Looking at how we are playing right now and who we are still expecting to be at the club come mid-season. I still think we are a GK, a LB, 2 CB's and a LM/RM.

Fisher clearly isn't good enough as a number 2 keeper.

We have talented CB's who need loan games to gain experience and with Derrick Williams and Charlie Mulgrew likely soon to be departing that leaves us with Hayden Carter, Darragh Lenihan, Scott Wharton and Tyler Magloire. Only one of those players is anywhere near good enough.

Bell isn't good enough. Nothing more needs adding. Who else do we play at LB?

I really do worry about playing Gallagher and Brereton out of position. Bennett for me doesn't provide enough goals or assists. Again where does that leave us?

We have to get out of the habit of playing players out of position and even with that taking place that leaves us tight upfront. If Mowbray insists on playing forwards on the wing, then that leaves us short at least a striker.

Haven't even mentioned the apparent interest in bringing in a RB.

• Like 1