BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

6 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Mowbray had a good 60 minutes. Then he took off the front 3 and put a 5'6" 18 year old winger upfront.

Tactical genius.

Tbf to mowbray it's a preseason friendly. All 3 played in the midweek friendly and most played 90 last weekend. We havent got the depth up there atm so no point risking them ahead of next Saturday.

• Like 1

A good work out. Fortunate in the end to get a draw but it would have been very unfortunate not to.

As always results aren’t that important in friendlies. However, we really should know at this point (and ideally be playing) the first XI that will start the first game of the season. I’m not sure we do.

Tom White in the starting 11 for Bolton in their first EFL Trophy game. Would be interesting if he manages to keep a spot in what looks to be a strong L2 side.

Easy to forget about him. Also appears to have been a regular for 1st place Barrow in the National League last year.

(Having said that, at 23 he better be showing some bright spots soon! I should say I don't have any real hope/expectations for him...)

Edited by RoverCanada

1 hour ago, RovingRover said:

Looking at how we are playing right now and who we are still expecting to be at the club come mid-season. I still think we are a GK, a LB, 2 CB's and a LM/RM.

Fisher clearly isn't good enough as a number 2 keeper.

We have talented CB's who need loan games to gain experience and with Derrick Williams and Charlie Mulgrew likely soon to be departing that leaves us with Hayden Carter, Darragh Lenihan, Scott Wharton and Tyler Magloire. Only one of those players is anywhere near good enough.

Bell isn't good enough. Nothing more needs adding. Who else do we play at LB?

I really do worry about playing Gallagher and Brereton out of position. Bennett for me doesn't provide enough goals or assists. Again where does that leave us?

We have to get out of the habit of playing players out of position and even with that taking place that leaves us tight upfront. If Mowbray insists on playing forwards on the wing, then that leaves us short at least a striker.

Haven't even mentioned the apparent interest in bringing in a RB.

We still need a back up keeper and Rob Elliot would be ideal given his experience and age. 

We still need a number 1 left back cos Bell is fine as back up but I don't want him as 1st choice. 

We still need a first choice centre back and possible a back up. Carter Vickers would be ideal as first choice centre back. Philips from Liverpool is another linked but he has been linked to other clubs also so he seems to want out Liverpool and playing football regular and hopefully Permanent for his own career going forward. Lindsay still available so I would be no surprise if they come in. 

I see Gallagher has back up for Armstrong as the main striker in the 3 front forward line. Also Brereton is suited to playing on the right of a 3 man forward line. With Rankin Costello and Rothwell fighting for the left side spot yet. Then Dolan and Chapman vying for the back up spot. So we do seem very well stock there.

No surprise we are looking for a right back considering Nyambe contract situation and to provide competition for that spot. 

Plus we need a defenders and back up keeper in before we start thinking of other positions. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

No surprise we are looking for a right back considering Nyambe contract situation and to provide competition for that spot. 

After today's display we need him to sign a new contract, one of the few we have that is worth a few quid, if he wanders off in 12 months for nothing it will be a crime.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, blue_n_white99 said:

After today's display we need him to sign a new contract, one of the few we have that is worth a few quid, if he wanders off in 12 months for nothing it will be a crime.

It could be the case he wants to move on and won't sign a contract or that his demands are above what the club wants to offer him also. 

Rovers shouldn't be leaving contracts to the last 12 months before renewing them when their key players and players we want to develop here.  

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, 47er said:

Its not Championship material!

Nyambe Lenihan Williams Bell. 

not promotion material, but will keep you in the Championship imo. 

That said we need a starting centre half and left back as soon as possible. Amari’i Bell is a one step forward two steps back kinda player - I think he’s improved and then the next game it is a sinking feeling that he might never make the grade. 

We are most likely entering this season with the same backline that we finished with in League One. Even if we sign a new CB, that's still shocking, considering the defensive frailties that have been apparent for ages.

There's a "slow build" and then there's taking the piss.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, DanielMB said:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/blackburn-rovers/kader/verein/164/saison_id/2020/plus/1

I Dont know how accurate this is but if its true, then we have a couple of contracts we should be renewing.

For me JRC is the most important one on that list. If he continues to progress he'll be worth upward of £20m in a couple of years. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

We don't have the contacts, thats the problem 

You state this as if it is fact, yet it is widely known that we were on the verge of loaning a Chelsea youngster in Jan but he signed for Brighton permanently instead. That would indicate we do have contact for a Chelsea loan.

2 minutes ago, alex l said:

You state this as if it is fact, yet it is widely known that we were on the verge of loaning a Chelsea youngster in Jan but he signed for Brighton permanently instead. That would indicate we do have contact for a Chelsea loan.

I don't know whether we have adequate contacts at Chelsea or not but your argument we have based on the fact  we didn't sign one of their youngsters in Jan seems a bit thin.

Personally I wouldn't imagine they'd be in any rush to loan us players in future given the way Mowbray treated Palmer.

• Like 1

I have been convinced that we needed Ben Whiteman, however having seen how well Holtby and Travis played today along with the returning Messiah Bradley Dack, the ever improving Davenport and Buckley and then Evans and Johnson I don't think he's needed. 

Spend every penny we have on a centre half, a quality left back and a back up keeper and right back. 

• Like 2