BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Nyambe Lenihan Williams Bell. 

not promotion material, but will keep you in the Championship imo. 

They only way that defence will stay in the Championship is if the attackers bail them out. Williams, Lenihan and Nyambe have already been part of a relegated Championship defence (although Nyambe is greatly improved since) and we all know that Bell is not of Championship standard. It's a sad indictment of Mowbray's transfer dealings that 75% of our defence is still the defence that was relegated 3 years and the one signing he has made is the worst of the 4.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Screenshot_20200905-174726_Twitter.jpg

He been away from the past week, couldn't attend today game and no post interview with Mowbray after today's game so would he really know? 

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

. Dont think Mowbray appreciate any urgency and importance in making a strong start.

why? 

A number of managers are struggling to get the players they want like us with defenders, Preston, Derby, Sheffield Wednesday and Birmingham with strikers, Middlesbrough with different positions. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Mulgrew has been told he can leave and he wont play for us again

Then we should pay up the contract that we gave him if he isn't required. Why do you expect a 34 year old to walk away from the last big contract of his career? If we want him gone then it is quite simple, pay him off.

It's only because of Mowbray's failure to see the obvious and going round handing out new contracts like sweets after promotion that we are stuck with him on the wage bill. If he wasn't so generous with contracts for his favourites then Mulgrew, Williams and Bennett would all be of the wage bill by now and we wouldn't have had to pay Smallwood for doing nothing last year either. It's just another example of Mowbray wasting the clubs funds.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Then we should pay up the contract that we gave him if he isn't required. Why do you expect a 34 year old to walk away from the last big contract of his career? If we want him gone then it is quite simple, pay him off.

It's only because of Mowbray's failure to see the obvious and going round handing out new contracts like sweets after promotion that we are stuck with him on the wage bill. If he wasn't so generous with contracts for his favourites then Mulgrew, Williams and Bennett would all be of the wage bill by now and we wouldn't have had to pay Smallwood for doing nothing last year either. It's just another example of Mowbray wasting the clubs funds.

Which wouldn't be allowed to happen if we had a proper CEO who was Mowbray's boss, instead of the other way around.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Why do you expect a 34 year old to walk away from the last big contract of his career?

cos he might want to play and regain his place in the Scotland squad 

4 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

That makes it okay then. 

Plus other teams yet to make signings like Bournemouth and Watford. 

Majority of Championship clubs won't have all the signings they want before the 1st game just like most seasons which you overlook every time when we get into this debate. This isn't like playing Football manager. You have seen managers in Championship says they are looking for signings but its tough market at the minute and some agents and players are asking way too much and being unrealistic.  Was Warnock wrong?

Edited by chaddyrovers

9 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

They only way that defence will stay in the Championship is if the attackers bail them out. Williams, Lenihan and Nyambe have already been part of a relegated Championship defence (although Nyambe is greatly improved since) and we all know that Bell is not of Championship standard. It's a sad indictment of Mowbray's transfer dealings that 75% of our defence is still the defence that was relegated 3 years and the one signing he has made is the worst of the 4.

If ever you wanted a summary as to why the continuous wait to fix the defence has infuriated most and left few thinking that it will be fixed, please see above.

I do find it baffling that anyone can genuinely have faith (rather than hope) that we are going to fix the defensive issues based on what we have seen so far.

Personally next week, assuming that our incompetence to fix these issues continues, I would go with a back 4 of Nyambe, Lenihan, Wharton and Williams. No way can we play Bell.

I also don't really understand any particular confidence in a team with a front 3 of Armstrong, Rankin Costello and Brereton scoring enough goals to compete for promotion. Even if we havent got the resources to strengthen, you've got to chuck Dack in the mix. We have 2 goalscorers and beyond that, lots of promise but ultimately lots of question marks too.

Just now, philipl said:

After today, do we really need any new players?

Yes, just as much as before todays friendly started.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

cos he might want to play and regain his place in the Scotland squad 

His Scotland career is over, he knows that. If we want him gone then we are going to have to pay him up or pay and large chunk of his wages whilst he is at another club.

Plus other teams yet to make signings like Bournemouth and Watford. 

Looking at their respective squads I'd say that they are in significantly less need of new signings than we are. Also Watford have made a signing, they signed Glenn Murray 

Majority of Championship clubs won't have all the signings they want before the 1st game just like most seasons

But Chaddy it's not just this summer its every summer. As I said earlier the defence we will most likely line up with at Bournemouth will most likely be made up of 75% of our relegation defence. We've had years to sort it out and are still likely to be scrapping around for a cheap cast off come the end of the window, it is unacceptable.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Ewood Ace said:

His Scotland career is over, he knows that. If we want him gone then we are going to have to pay him up or pay and large chunk of his wages whilst he is at another club.

Looking at their respective squads I'd say that they are in significantly less need of new signings than we are. Also Watford have made a signing, they signed Glenn Murray 

But Chaddy it's not just this summer its every summer. As I said earlier the defence we will most likely line up with at Bournemouth will most likely be made up of 75% of our relegation defence. We've had years to sort it out and are still likely to be scrapping around for a cheap cast off come the end of the window, it is unacceptable.

Watford also have a couple of players who were out on loan who had been playing in La Liga to come back in.

Bournemouth have to wait to receive the money from selling Wilson and co as a result of relegation. An excuse we do not have. 

• Like 1

I think we will score goals this season.  I just don't think we will keep enough out.  

When we press high we are very good..but if teams start going direct with our back line and general lack of height in the side, we are in heaps of trouble.  Likewise if we are pressed and have to go long to the 3 who started today.  

We need 2 cb, lb absoloute minimum.

Can't rely on Holtby keeping fit so probably a cm as well.

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Bournemouth set to lose Wilson to Villa or Newcastle, King will move on shortly, Brooks will go. Loss Ramsdale to Sheffield United. Lerma, Billing and Rico might go. 

Both teams squad will have change alot by time the window ends.

Edited by chaddyrovers

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Bournemouth set to lose Wilson to Villa or Newcastle, King will move on shortly, Brooks will go. Loss Ramsdale to Sheffield United. 

Glen Murray. he is world beater, 

Set to. So they haven't yet. One thing is for sure both those sides are heading into the opening game of the season with far stronger squads than us.

Glenn Murray knows how to score goals and he will at this level. Even at 36 I'd take him over Brereton and Gallagher.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Set to. So they haven't yet. One thing is for sure both those sides are heading into the opening game of the season with far stronger squads than us.

Glenn Murray knows how to score goals and he will at this level. Even at 36 I'd take him over Brereton and Gallagher.

who knows? Bournemouth could lose Wilson and King this week. Wilson on his to Newcastle. Already agreed terms according to media so thats deal is almost done. King wont want to be in the championship. 

Plus we have no idea how they will perform under Tindall in his 1st team. 

Their squad isn't strong as you think it is. 

Murray's legs have gone. He be similar to Graham this season. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

who knows? Bournemouth could lose Wilson and King this week. Wilson on his to Newcastle. Already agreed terms according to media so thats deal is almost done. King wont want to be in the championship. 

Plus we have no idea how they will perform under Tindall in his 1st team. 

Their squad isn't strong as you think it is. 

Murray's legs have gone. He be similar to Graham this season. 

Chaddy you post some really good updates on goings on in the world of football, which I super appreciate. However I do find how uncertainty is used as a positive for TM and Rovers but a negative for other teams. As in uncertainty - we may sign players so we can't be negative about the squad, but Bournemouth might lose players so we can't be worried by them. It seems a little fast and loose to always have uncertainty in the favour of Rovers and an unreasonable bias. It's even more problematic when history has shown it often doesn't work in our favour - eg defenders coming, struggling to get in recruits etc. 

• Like 5

JRC, Nyambe and Lenihan are this summer's most important signings now we have a keeper.

Kipre would have been a big step forward but I cannot see us being in the market for anyone else who could make a significant improvement to our promotion prospects when played out of position (which we all know Mowbray would).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, philipl said:

JRC, Nyambe and Lenihan are this summer's most important signings now we have a keeper.

Kipre would have been a big step forward but I cannot see us being in the market for anyone else who could make a significant improvement to our promotion prospects when played out of position (which we all know Mowbray would).

We can't rely on the kids at the back.  Lennihan always has an injury spell. Bell simply isn't good enough.

If someone told you 2 months ago that we will just sign a goal keeper, would you have been happy with that?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mulgrew has been told he can leave and he wont play for us again

I would any keeper coming in as wanting to become number 1 and fight Kamilski for the number 1 jersey

I have watched him developed and play over the last 4 years and the talent is there so now is play him regular and use him. Not block him by signing another winger. 

I feel that the front 3 of Brereton is right, Armstrong centre and Rankin Costello left is the way to go in the first game. 

on Dack, He might never be the same player or might take longer to get match fit then you think. He might be gone as soon as he is fit who knows. I think he is the player that we have a 10 million bid for. Artibro has told us we have a 10 million bid in for a player. but not named the player. 

If I was Mulgrew, I'd be sorely tempted to keep myself fit at Brockhall and take the dosh - just like Smallwood.

Bugger outposts like Portsmouth. 

Don't blame the player but, IMO, the incompetent Mowbray and Waggott who bollocksed the contract. 

• Like 3