BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Noticed that Lindsay wasnt even in the extended squad in their latest friendly, he is so far out of the picture. Would guess maybe he is in talks with someone but obviously with no new deals in the pipeline, that may well be someone else.

Not saying that I would sign him but of course he has been linked through the Lancashire Telegraph.

Won’t be us 

1 minute ago, neophox said:

Think we are in for Sarr. 

Wasn't that ruled out ?

"So for a centre-back, a deal is still being worked on. Unaware of the identity, but I know it’s not one of Sarr or Phillips. Sarr is a none-starter and the same applies to Phillips.

Liam Lindsay is a potential target but I cannot imagine a loan deal for him would be this drawn out.

An alternative option involves another European name. The club are doing well to keep their recruitment confidential so far."

3 minutes ago, Swanson said:

Wasn't that ruled out ?

"So for a centre-back, a deal is still being worked on. Unaware of the identity, but I know it’s not one of Sarr or Phillips. Sarr is a none-starter and the same applies to Phillips.

Liam Lindsay is a potential target but I cannot imagine a loan deal for him would be this drawn out.

An alternative option involves another European name. The club are doing well to keep their recruitment confidential so far."

Who said all that?

• Like 1

Just now, Swanson said:

Alfie Mawson signs for Bristol City on loan.

25k wages. Well above what we will pay

Just now, neophox said:

Why not Sarr? Free and cheap and very steady French centre half. Scoring goals too. 

But who says he cheap? 

Just now, bluebruce said:

Who said all that?

Jaquob Crooke. Yesterday

1 minute ago, neophox said:

Who's that? 

Jaquob Crooke is the Lancs Live reporter. Said yesterday that Sarr and Philips aren't targets anymore

Just now, neophox said:

Why do we have an European scouting network,? We have signed only one player... Total waste.. 

What you are overlooking is the quarantine period which is playing a part in any overseas signings whether its Premier League or Championship level signings. I wonder how many overseas signings have been made so far in the championship to date?

10 minutes ago, Swanson said:

Wasn't that ruled out ?

That last line is class. What f@&king recruitment? A goalkeeper? To replace another goalkeeper. The recruitment team have done a great job strengthening the squad.

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Jaquob Crooke is the Lancs Live reporter. Said yesterday that Sarr and Philips aren't targets anymore

What you are overlooking is the quarantine period which is playing a part in any overseas signings whether its Premier League or Championship level signings. I wonder how many overseas signings have been made so far in the championship to date?

Why would 2 weeks in quarantine stop someone from signing a player from europe on a 3 or 4 year deal

Edited by Darrenbot
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If we were so concerned about the delays that a quarantine would cause, we would be signing players now. It appears that we are happy to wait until the deadline to get a better deal. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, neophox said:

Why do we have an European scouting network,? We have signed only one player... Total waste.. 

Im not sure that a single reverse charge call to Ewood from the agent of keeper in Belgium who needs a new job after destroying the nuts of a team mate qualifies as a European scouting network.

Mind you someone unearthed the lad from Gibraltar a year or so back. Stunning stuff.

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No club will have not signed signed a player because they would have to quarantine for 2 weeks. 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, neophox said:

Why not Sarr? Free and cheap and very steady French centre half. Scoring goals too. 

I dont think that Sarr could be described as "very steady." A risk taking centre back who is good on the ball but error prone.

The Sarr rumour seemed to snowball from nowhere amidst a very

Mind you, I wouldnt take any notice of that Jaqoub Crooke. He doesnt know anything we dont, his articles tend to just be generic, vague and non-committal summaries of information already in the public domain.

He kept saying that we wanted that Dillon Phillips which I think he got from that phoney fake journalist on twitter.

50 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Barely in mind the squad numbers that Stoke have where I believe that they have used 30 players this pre season. 

Lindsay played a friendly against Leeds where they won 3 nil and he played 83 minutes of the game. Also play 20 minutes against Shrewsbury in a 5-1 win. 

Stoke aren't going to get the 2 million pounds they paid for Lindsay back in this current financial climate. I would take him on loan with a view permanent signing next summer for 1 million pounds if he perform well. Also Stoke squad numbers so they are going have to reduce that wage bill and players within the 1st team squad. 

I would look to sign right back Tom Edwards from Stoke if we can agreed a deal. If ain't part of O'Neill long terms plans having prefer to be Collins a centre back in the right back slot. 

Does Lindsay come in as replacement for Adarabioyo and make you think that we can get close to the top 6 though? I also dont think we should be loaning him, for a start, that is him out of 2 games as ineligible. 

Not sure why there is urgency to sign a right back either. Edwards has been out on the fringes after not keeping fit during lockdown I think but any right back would be second in line and thus is far from a priority.

You would think that there is better across Europe than Lindsay, although I have seen nothing to suggest anything but a passing interest.

The quarantine reason is just an excuse. Ultimately doing our business quicker would eliminate the problem, like with Kaminski whereby he is eligible for the season opener. The 2 potential 2 week isolation is not ideal even now but if there is someone better, it is still worth just accepting that he will miss 2 weeks depending on where he comes from. If the scouting network is what it is hyped up to be, surely there is a decent centre back somewhere across Europe.

• Backroom
18 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Brad Smith, Dénis Duarte, Naby Sarr, Bogdan Planić, Jozo Šimunović, Ryan Shotton, Daniel Ayala, Luke Garbutt, Stephen Kingsley, Calvin Verdonk and Víctor Álvarez are all available on a free transfer.

Give me Ayala, Smith, and Sarr and I'll be happy.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

, he will have to start doing something constructive in front of goal in competitive games

Well, in our last competitive game his driving run set up the equalising goal, and his pass to Bell brought about the penalty which won us the game. So he has started doing something constructive in competitive games, albeit not directly in front of goal yet.

I'm sure there's more, much more, to come from Brereton in terms of goals, assists & other meaningful contributions. With no Graham or Samuel on the scene, and Gallagher without a pre-season, now is the perfect opportunity for him to put a marker down and prove he is worthy of a starting place.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

Well, in our last competitive game his driving run set up the equalising goal, and his pass to Bell brought about the penalty which won us the game. So he has started doing something constructive in competitive games, albeit not directly in front of goal yet.

I'm sure there's more, much more, to come from Brereton in terms of goals, assists & other meaningful contributions. With no Graham or Samuel on the scene, and Gallagher without a pre-season, now is the perfect opportunity for him to put a marker down and prove he is worthy of a starting place.

Brereton and JRC out wide, Armstrong in the middle. Gallagher first change for Armstrong. Dolan and Chapman to backup Brereton and JRC.

It's not rocket science. 

• Like 1