BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

37 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

He might just like other players speaking highly of Rovers. Maybe, just maybe, Benno has loved him time at Rovers just as much. 

I don't think anybody is questioning that.

. Maybe just maybe he's a pal of Bennetts and he's giving him a heads up to get him noticed.

Edited by tomphil

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Eh? You said Benno was doing because TM loves it. You've no actual evidence of that. Sorry that you've been called out on your WUMing. 

Don't come all evidence gatherer it's the classic line on here reserved for those with no serious answer themselves.

I was merely saying he might be hoping to get the clubs attention to a player who might fancy coming back. As far as conspiracies go it's hardly the Da Vinci code is it ?

Bunn would probably be decent back up so get back in your little box there's nothing to see here.

• Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

Don't come all evidence gatherer it's the classic line on here reserved for those with no serious answer themselves.

I was merely saying he might be hoping to get the clubs attention to a player who might fancy coming back. As far as conspiracies go it's hardly the Da Vinci code is it ?

Bunn would probably be decent back up so get back in your little box there's nothing to see here.

Little box? You're being a tad unpleasant. Everything ok?

2 hours ago, 47er said:

What fan pressure?

There is inevitable pressure to perform in front of fans in a stadium, even if those fans are supportive of the player's efforts (which I think is what you're driving at).  I acknowledge that the Rovers fans have generally been supportive of him on matchday but, with no fans in attendance currently, I suspect it makes it easier for a young player low on confidence & who's trying to justify a huge price tag, to perform better.

• Like 1

This transfer window is getting silly.

So what I have been told is that Mowbray hasn't been given a budget as such. He has told the owners what he is looking for and they have told him to go to them and get sign off for each offer made. This means added waiting time as the owners agents investigate each potential transfer deal, the costs and legal implications.

Something's got to give.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

There is inevitable pressure to perform in front of fans in a stadium, even if those fans are supportive of the player's efforts (which I think is what you're driving at).  I acknowledge that the Rovers fans have generally been supportive of him on matchday but, with no fans in attendance currently, I suspect it makes it easier for a young player low on confidence & who's trying to justify a huge price tag, to perform better.

Fair point. He has been well supported by fans though and you might have thought that would have spurred him on a bit.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

So what I have been told is that Mowbray hasn't been given a budget as such. He has told the owners what he is looking for and they have told him to go to them and get sign off for each offer made. This means added waiting time as the owners agents investigate each potential transfer deal, the costs and legal implications.

Something's got to give.

The owners agents being ?

• Like 2

I don't see why they don't just go in for Naby Sarr...

- Left-footed centre-back to fill the LCB role alongside Darragh  
- Good passing range and ability to help build attacks 
- 6ft 4" tall & can win a header 
- Available on a free with manageable wages 
- Championship experience and not too young or too old at 27 y/o 

Baffling me. He'd be the perfect fit for us.

• Moderation Lead
26 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Something's got to give.

It’s not just this one. They definitely call is silly season for a reason....

25 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Something's got to give.

Standard procedure akin to everything else Blackburn Rovers 2010-present 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Something's got to give.

That makes perfect sense as to why this window has such a scatter gun feel to it. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if this was their approach to every window in the last decade given the reported targets we've missed. If it is true why would any manager work for them?

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

That makes perfect sense as to why this window has such a scatter gun feel to it. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if this was their approach to every window in the last decade given the reported targets we've missed. If it is true why would any manager work for them?

Money

• Like 3

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

Because most (every?) manager's they've approached has been unemployed. I doubt Coyle, Mogga, Lambert et al gave a shite as long as they were working. 

• Like 3

And there arent that many management jobs around so unless you're a top manager, a name, you have to take what you can get if you want to stay in football management. And its addictive. You miss the extremes of emotion if you arent in a job

Edited by gumboots

7 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Because most (every?) manager's they've approached has been unemployed. I doubt Coyle, Mogga, Lambert et al gave a shite as long as they were working. 

True and all with a common denominator of desperado about them. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
43 minutes ago, JoeH said:

It all seems very obvious doesn’t it 

No world beater but better than the options we have, just hope it’s because there is better lined up and imminent 

42 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Something's got to give.

Playing devil's advocate, maybe the owners are attempting to give Mowbray a bit more leeway by attempting to consider deals on an individual basis rather than rule them out by stipulating an overall  blanket budget which might not be enough.

We do manage to make a relatively simple thing sound incredibly difficult.  Surely Mowbray, Venus or whoever is in charge of recruitment could ascertain the potential cost of a deal with one call to a players agent and relay it to the owners with a recommendation of how badly the manager thinks we could do with the player.

It's all a lot of smoke and mirrors and an excuse for incompetence for those on the ground at Ewood imo. Window after window nothing happens, we miss out on all our main targets and end up turning in desperation  to the z list at the 24 th hour.

Stop making excuses and giving us hard luck stories and just get the bloody deals done!

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Sounds like a poor man's Tosin.

You've not mentioned his ability to defend, which is telling. 

1 hour ago, RovingRover said:

Something's got to give.

IMO, shambolic.

I could not operate under those terms - think Mowbray needs to show some b@lls and walk and sue for constructive dismissal. 

15 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Playing devil's advocate, maybe the owners are attempting to give Mowbray a bit more leeway by attempting to consider deals on an individual basis rather than rule them out by stipulating an overall  blanket budget which might not be enough.

We do manage to make a relatively simple thing sound incredibly difficult.  Surely Mowbray, Venus or whoever is in charge of recruitment could ascertain the potential cost of a deal with one call to a players agent and relay it to the owners with a recommendation of how badly the manager thinks we could do with the player.

It's all a lot of smoke and mirrors and an excuse for incompetence for those on the ground at Ewood imo. Window after window nothing happens, we miss out on all our main targets and end up turning in desperation  to the z list at the 24 th hour.

Stop making excuses and giving us hard luck stories and just get the bloody deals done!

As you point out it has been happening for window after window under Venkys regardless of who is at Ewood Park. It's the way the owners operate and it makes it tough for our management.

• Like 1