BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

3 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

The one thing which I'm taking some solace from is that the players who have been linked most strongly (i.e. the ones you mention) are exactly what we need, as I hope Kaminski is. 

Hopefully this is a sign that we're holding out for the best which is available, but time will tell.

The great is the enemy of the good.

36 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

I would say, time to throw in Greg Cunningham’s name (again), but he’s only played 30+ games in 3 years, due to injury. Anybody know his current fitness? 

Getting minutes for Cardiff, but get the impression he will be used by Harris next season

1 minute ago, Hasta said:

The great is the enemy of the good.

Be a different ball game if king gets snapped up, With a very good chance he will be moved on our Targets might  move up a level, said before worth the wait, Our side is capable of picking up points over the next few weeks

44 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Dream on

Of course we could sell him, my point was he is under contract till 2022, as the club have the option of a further 12 months on his contract.

Sure you won't mind anyway you called it as a terrible signing when he was bought.Hopefully Buckley will prove you wrong also 

• Like 1

• Backroom

This is concerning now, there doesn’t seem to be any obvious momentum or rush to get anyone in and Tony more often than not is cautious with new signings so we are going to be short on quality in certain areas.

poor show really we’ve long known the focus areas and not doing a good job addressing them 

• Like 6

A point about Nyambe and Rankin Costello, especially the former, he is in the last year of his deal and there have been suggestions that we could sell him should he be unwilling to renew, which I have no reason to believe he has, they at least wouldnt be able to go for nothing, assuming they stayed in England, we would get something due to their age.

No way does Adarabioyo get sold for 4m either.

21 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

I truly believe we are waiting for Josh King to leave Bournemouth. I reckon Tony wants a higher quality centre half than the names already mentioned. 

King can't put himself in shopping window this evening, was terrible on friday against Austria and is on the bench tonight.

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

A point about Nyambe and Rankin Costello, especially the former, he is in the last year of his deal and there have been suggestions that we could sell him should he be unwilling to renew, which I have no reason to believe he has, they at least wouldnt be able to go for nothing, assuming they stayed in England, we would get something due to their age.

No way does Adarabioyo get sold for 4m either.

And what fee do we get if he goes to club overseas like a French club? (genuine question)

Just now, Swanson said:

King can't put himself in shopping window this evening, was terrible on friday against Austria and is on the bench tonight.

and Norway arent missing him either. 

King needs to sort out his future out soon

24 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

I truly believe we are waiting for Josh King to leave Bournemouth. I reckon Tony wants a higher quality centre half than the names already mentioned. 

It would be crazy to hold off doing any business on the hope that a player at another club gets sold and we get a small chunk of it, what happens if he isnt sold? What happens if he gets sold on the last day of the window?

We have struggled in the past to get deals over the line, to work on more than one deal at once and to appreciate the need for a fast start to a season. I very much doubt that we are waiting for a transfer to happen elsewhere to kick start things as some sort of strategy. 

On 29/08/2020 at 08:13, Herbie6590 said:

The latest episode of the Price of Football podcast covers this. Derby used accounting practices regarding depreciation that are forbidden by UEFA but weren’t explicitly forbidden by the EFL. The EFL rules are going to be changed to comply with UEFA & Derby will have to come in line. 
Essentially they were not writing down the values of players in their accounts on a straight line basis which means smaller deductions in the early years of a contract but it catches up with you eventually when that player’s contract ends or they are sold for less than book value. Derby were essentially kicking the can down the road. 
The stadium sale valuation has apparently been justified. Its location on Pride Park helps it here, a few years ago now granted, I was looking for commercial property to rent in & around Derby & rents in Pride Park were very high relatively given location, proximity to rail station & so on.

So the EFL played a blinder here by not doing their homework & not detailing their rules adequately before challenging Derby. Derby’s lawyers did what they were paid to do by pointing it out & getting their client off the charges.

EFL having another go on the amortisation issue....

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/september/efl-statement-derby-county/

2 hours ago, blue_n_white99 said:

What is also a major issue apart from the glaring holes in the defence are the contracts that run out in 2021:

Dack

Rothwell

Johnson

Holtby

Nyambe

Evans

JRC

+ a few I couldn't give a toss about, these will leave further massive holes in a squad that desperately needs bolstering. These lads don't need quarantining, analysing they need to be sat down and sold a future that they buy into so we actually have a team next year that doesn't mainly consist of U18s

Perhaps the plan is to allow all these players off on free transfers. Then nobody will expect any money to be spent because we don't receive any.

At a normal club the owners would be extremely concerned at the above and be instructing staff at Ewood to get it sorted.

Here though we stand to lose millions on these lads and the owners seemingly couldn't care less.

and we are supposed to be reassured because the club has an extra year's option on Dack. Forget about that and give him a proper extension.

Can't afford to do it? How about can't afford not to.

Mowbray has extensions on his mind. Needs a bit more than being on his mind. Needs to be in black and white and rubber stamped.

No evidence any talks are even taking place and looking at the inertia and lack of communication around the place and the disrespect they show to paying customers does anyone reckon they are on the ball in communications with players?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

And what fee do we get if he goes to club overseas like a French club? (genuine question)

and Norway arent missing him either. 

King needs to sort out his future out soon

Why does he? Because it benefits us? King may not have had an offer at all yet, or if he has, an offer that he considers to be worthwhile both in terms of club and finances. We cant rely on things like that regarding our own budget. If he or any other player we have a sell on clause regarding moves on, it should be treat as a bonus as and when it occurs, not as something we wait around for and are reliant on.

Compensation is massively reduced abroad I think but I have no reason to suspect that Nyambe wouldnt sign a new deal and it is probably our own lack of having our house in order that has let him get into the last year of his deal, baring in mind he is one of only 2 competent defenders that we have.

• Like 2

The Kipre link was cleverly orchestrated to  give the impression to supporters that we were being ambitious and serious about buying players. Hence the leak to Sharpe. It’s nonsense. Same old boring, no ambition and incompetence every transfer window. And then Newcastle fans moan about Ashley. They’ve just snapped up two of Bournemouth’s best players. Great signings. They don’t know they’re born.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TruRover said:

Still feel like there’s a chance of him ending up on loan here towards the end of the window if he hasn’t ended up somewhere else. 

I suspect that is our defensive recruitment policy in a nutshell. Sit tight, wait and hope City do another heavily subsidised loan late on if nobody else has offered more. Harrison Reed part II.

Bristol City have recruited well this week! They have added experience and quality to a young squad. 

They were in and around us last season, they are the kind of team we are competing with but financially we can’t touch them!

Heres to hoping TM pulls something out of the bag because at present our squad looks very fragile with a long, tough season ahead.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Why does he?

fairly obvious isn't it? Cos he doesn't want to play championship football after playing few seasons at Premier League.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Compensation is massively reduced abroad I think but I have no reason to suspect that Nyambe wouldnt sign a new deal and it is probably our own lack of having our house in order that has let him get into the last year of his deal,

well you don't know if Nyambe will or won't sign a new deal here do you? 

He might have asked for a new contract or the opposite. who knows!

But if he has said he won't sign a new contract then I would sell him and get a decent fee instead of letting him leave for nothing and risk going to tribunal 

1 minute ago, Bohinen 22 said:

The Kipre link was cleverly orchestrated to  give the impression to supporters that we were being ambitious and serious about buying players. Hence the leak to Sharpe. It’s nonsense. 

I'm inclined to agree. 

The sad thing is such a conspiracy actually makes more sense than us offering Wigan nearly a million quid for a centre half, which simply doesn't happen at Venky Rovers.

Deliberate leak to Sharpe told he can run with it on his back page. He wouldn't have done that without Rovers approval.

And it has worked because for nothing most of the fanbase have spent weeks believing that we are after good players armed with a proper budget.

Nothing to show for it though. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'm inclined to agree. 

The sad thing is such a conspiracy actually makes more sense than us offering Wigan nearly a million quid for a centre half, which simply doesn't happen at Venky Rovers.

Deliberate leak to Sharpe told he can run with it on his back page. He wouldn't have done that without Rovers approval.

And it has worked because for nothing most of the fanbase have spent weeks believing that we are after good players armed with a proper budget.

Nothing to show for it though. 

Yet we reportedly paid a million pound loan fee last year for Tosin?

The club is a joke when it comes to recruitment but them pretending to have money by putting bids in for players they know they won't get is just nonsense in my opinion.

900k is hardly a fortune considering we paid a 5 million fee and 7 million fee for two players

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It would be crazy to hold off doing any business on the hope that a player at another club gets sold and we get a small chunk of it, what happens if he isnt sold? What happens if he gets sold on the last day of the window?

We have struggled in the past to get deals over the line, to work on more than one deal at once and to appreciate the need for a fast start to a season. I very much doubt that we are waiting for a transfer to happen elsewhere to kick start things as some sort of strategy. 

Exactly, it would be ludicrous to base our transfer plans on the possibility that we might receive a sell on fee from a former player leaving their current Club. That player might not move at all and we have to do what we have to do and treat any unexpected windfall as a bonus - if it did happen then that money could always be spent at a later date.

That said even  if we were sat there in vain hoping for King to move it wouldn't have made much difference, we still haven't got any deals over the line.

• Like 1