BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Whilst respecting everyone’s personal view on the matter in hand the reality is our defence will cost us dearly as it is weaker than last season. Look at the goals we conceded in the last 9 games it was horrendous defending at best and cost us dearly in the end. Without a ball busting leader at the back we are spineless and it is simple as that. Building from the back is the only way forward and that has not been done. The youngsters are not Wiley enough to withstand big burley strikers whilst the left back slot is a major problem as is the right when RN is absent as Bennet always proves to be the weakest link. Only when this is addressed can we think we have made a progression. A bad start won’t help us either it serves only as a major setback to any ambition the club may have if getting out of this league .

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well when we having player in talks generally an official bid has been accepted..

Now 6 weeks on he is still at Doncaster 

So clearly we had no official bid in for the player otherwise he would be here by now

I don't think he would be the first player 'turned off' by Mowbray just as Bauer apparently was last summer.

15 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Swansea couldn't. 

Is it actually confirmed how much Brereton cost in the end? Articles at the time stated "up to 7m", but our accounts show 5.2m was spent on transfers that season, which would have included Armstrong, Brereton, Rothwell, Davenport and Chapman. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Miker said:

Is it actually confirmed how much Brereton cost in the end? Articles at the time stated "up to 7m", but our accounts show 5.2m was spent on transfers that season, which would have included Armstrong, Brereton, Rothwell, Davenport and Chapman. 

Transfers are rarely paid in one lump sum, they tend to be instalments

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Miker said:

Still paying instalments I guess.

58 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

And we still have a budget tho dont we or are you still using a quote from 7 weeks ago? 

Who knows

Just now, LeftWinger said:

Andre Ayew cost £18m on his own, so yes they could.

Ah yes apologise, I forgot he left and went back. Because they got him on a free transfer originally. Although I suspect he may well leave this summer, he must be on very big wages.

Just now, Miker said:

Very few transfer are paid all up front straight away. Most transfer are fees are spread across a period of time.

12 hours ago, J*B said:

My approach as chairman would be quite simple - I would ask Mowbray if he was confident we would finish in the top 6 with the footballing budget allocated.

My approach as chairman would be to tell Mowbray he MUST finish in the top 6 with the footballing budget allocated. Otherwise he's on easy street

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

No, not mentioned by Tony. I think he's happy with what he's got, sadly

Oh my god .Then why agree a fee for a centre half in Kipre?

Also find it hard to believe that Mowbray sat down and discussed his transfer plans with a player we haven't even agreed a fee for.

How can he be happy with what he has at centre half when we don't have Tosin anymore who started every week and is looking to move Mulgrew on and is open to letting Williams leave.

Sorry but no way on earth is he not looking for a centre back

• Like 4

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I prefer the Levitt guy that plays a little deeper, has a bit more grit about him. Garner looks a lot like Rothwell.

57 minutes ago, Miker said:

People still hang onto the £7m figure whereas the reality is it is nowhere near that amount

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

People still hang onto the £7m figure whereas the reality is it is nowhere near that amount

How much then?

Thought we’d made a down payment of £5/5.2 million with more instalments to come?

Even if it was just the £5million-ish with the rest incentive based, that’s not ‘nowhere near’ and still a hell of a poor deal.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4