BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

1 hour ago, blue_n_white99 said:

Transfers are rarely paid in one lump sum, they tend to be instalments

Absolutely, this talk of Brereton costing 7m makes it sound as if it was all paid up front. I doubt we paid more than 3m for him with the rest in instalments, appearances et 

4 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

No.

All indications point to us not having enough money to attract the players that we want. It sounds as though even players like Phillips and Whiteman are out of our league which, strangely, they actually are - a league below us! That says everything.

I'm not massively disheartened, mind. It's a strange time we're in at the moment, and Coronavirus seems to have brought financial cautiousness for past spending to the fore. I've been pleasantly surprised by our younger players. Not sure we'll be serious promotion contenders at this rate, but possibly another like-for-like season.

I dont mind us going with youth this season but do you have faith that Tony will do that? 

I can see Bennett and Williams playing more often and other players playing out of position.

5 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Lancashire Telegraph echoing the story.

Rovers offered chance to sign Man United midfielder on loan

This is a loan deal I would be against.United would want him playing, I doubt very much he would be available to buy at the end of the deal as is rated at United and we have enough young midfielders ourselves in Buckley, Davenport, Travis etc.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

This is a loan deal I would be against.United would want him playing, I doubt very much he would be available to buy at the end of the deal as is rated at United and we have enough young midfielders ourselves in Buckley, Davenport, Travis etc.

It's a long season. I'd love to bring this lad in and ship out Johnson - that'd be a huge improvement.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JoeH said:

The easier question to answer is what about our 2018/19 squad do we NOT have now to enable us to stay up? Harrison Reed? Kasey Palmer? David Raya? I think we'll be okay without those guys. We're definitely better off without Jayson Leutwiler, Ben Gladwin, Sam Hart, Dominic Samuel etc aren't we?

Kasey Palmer was useless !!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

He also seems to suggest that if we don't get Mulgrew out on a "sponsored" loan, we'll end up paying him off. Quick calculation tells me that if Mulgrew doesn't go out on loan by the end of this window, it'll cost Rovers £600K to pay him off, although I imagine there'd be some sort of negotiating on that?

Maybe thats why Waggott is doing his annual price increase so we can all contribute to the Mulgrew sponsor/pay off fund.

Personally I find it criminal that a player on Mulgrew's money is being paid off or sponsored out the door whilst the manager who gave him the deal we are lumbered with fails in his quest to sign defenders.

I'd rather we just kept Mulgrew here and got our moneys worth than subsidised another move elsewhere whilst failing to get what we need.

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

Maybe thats why Waggott is doing his annual price increase so we can all contribute to the Mulgrew sponsor/pay off fund.

Personally I find it criminal that a player on Mulgrew's money is being paid off or sponsored out the door whilst the manager who gave him the deal we are lumbered with fails in his quest to sign defenders.

I'd rather we just kept Mulgrew here and got our moneys worth than subsidised another move elsewhere whilst failing to get what we need.

He's a liability at CB at this level. You literally can't play him.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He's a liability at CB at this level. You literally can't play him.

As opposed to who? We don't have anyone else.

Even with Wharton and Carter in the reckoning that is 3 cbs once we sell Williams

Seems insanity to me to be paying Mulgrew to clear off elsewhere whilst in the state we are in. If we need to raise the wages by sending him to Fleetwood then we've no hope. Are we really relying on that lot to take him off our hands for a year?

30 minutes ago, JHRover said:

As opposed to who? We don't have anyone else.

Even with Wharton and Carter in the reckoning that is 3 cbs once we sell Williams

Seems insanity to me to be paying Mulgrew to clear off elsewhere whilst in the state we are in. If we need to raise the wages by sending him to Fleetwood then we've no hope. Are we really relying on that lot to take him off our hands for a year?

Why is Magloire’s name not  mentioned, better than Wharton and Carter IMO.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

In the "Ruben Rochina Bucket of Flattery-to-deceivery". The pair of them might have made more as street football tricksters busking for money. Team players they were not!

I bet Palmer doesn't go on to score goals like the one below in La Liga.

Or ever command a 10m Euro transfer fee.

• Like 8

Another day seemingly drifting by. Still no defenders. I didnt have the highest hopes. But I thought we'd have somebody in. Something structurally has to change. Mowbray is letting both the fans and his employers down. Whether it is needing a DOF or Venkys not being needed for a final sign off if that is indeed the case. This is simply not good enough 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

How much then?

Thought we’d made a down payment of £5/5.2 million with more instalments to come?

Even if it was just the £5million-ish with the rest incentive based, that’s not ‘nowhere near’ and still a hell of a poor deal.

I was informed it was £2m up front, £500k over seasons 1-4 plus additions it goals scored and promotion. Now I don’t know if this is 100% right but if it is it’s £3m to date!

Bit bemused we are looking at League One loans for Mulgrew. With their new wage cap in that league isn't the absolute max they can contribute 2.5k per week? On what is probably a 15-20k pw contract. Barely worth bothering. For now rather wait and make sure we get some CBs in and what happens with Williams.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I was informed it was £2m up front, £500k over seasons 1-4 plus additions it goals scored and promotion. Now I don’t know if this is 100% right but if it is it’s £3m to date!

Mowbray when defending Brereton has regularly referenced the considerable price tag, you would think that he would mention if the fee was considerably lower because that could help reduce the expectations perhaps.

• Like 2

• Backroom

There is nothing credible to suggest the fee is significantly less than £7m - that's what's been reported in the media, and Mowbray has never come out to make corrections, instead confirming Brereton cost significant money. But do we really want to go back to arguing about flex? 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Bit bemused we are looking at League One loans for Mulgrew. With their new wage cap in that league isn't the absolute max they can contribute 2.5k per week? On what is probably a 15-20k pw contract. Barely worth bothering. For now rather wait and make sure we get some CBs in and what happens with Williams.

‘We’ aren’t looking for league 1 loans for him mate...that’s just the best he can get! I’m pretty sure if ‘we’ had the choice, we’d prefer City to offer £20m and have done with it!

14 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

£2.5k wage contribution....loan fee significantly more and covering more of his wage but labelled something else

• Like 1

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

I sort of agree.

It would have to be conditional on Mowbray choosing to play him unless he comes with a view to a permanent deal. A sort of "money where mouths are" concerned deal.

If Venkys are serious about investing in quality for the future, Garner is exactly what we should be going for.

Not yet fully discovered by brimming with talent.

14 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I'm not.

His career is coming to an end.

He didn't impress at Wigan.

4 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

‘We’ aren’t looking for league 1 loans for him mate...that’s just the best he can get! I’m pretty sure if ‘we’ had the choice, we’d prefer City to offer £20m and have done with it!

Indeed.

Same going for Williams. A couple of Champiomship teams interested. But most interest coming Stateside.

Wages are major issues in moving both on.

• Like 1