BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Why would Dack agree to that?

We bought him from Gillingham he joined us in league one didn't seem like there was a que of clubs in for him,we held most the cards when negotiating that contract as he was desperate to leave and we were the biggest club in for him.

Now he has proven himself he holds all the cards, we will get to extend but in my opinion unlikely he will sign another contract so say we be looking to sell from when be proves his fitness etc after his injury

18 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Nyambe's value will be negligible bearing in mind we have somehow allowed him to enter the last year of his contract and he will probably walk away for free in summer.

Dack's in the last year of his deal as well despite talk of a 12 month option in our favour which I can't see is enforceable unless both parties are happy with it.

Make no mistake, the contract is binding and enforcable. Dack signed it. It's solely in the club's hands. If Dack wants to leave in the summer, the club can and will enforce the option so he won't be able to leave on a free this summer. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, briansol said:

Make no mistake, the contract is binding and enforcable. Dack signed it. It's solely in the club's hands. If Dack wants to leave in the summer, the club can and will enforce the option so he won't be able to leave on a free this summer. 

Same has happened with James Rodriguez going to Everton. 2 years, with the option of a third which the club can trigger. 

1 hour ago, unleaded said:

It shows how unprofessional TM is ... 

The Exact Same Player who he gave a good long contract to on the basis that he is a good player suddenly is frozen out and paid off .... 

He would not be allowed to do that at a normal club ... 

No questions asked of him here his chief exec works for him.

Everything at Rovers is upside down.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It's a binding contract, he's entitled to every penny of it. 

He'd be behind Lenihan, Williams, Wharton, Carter and Magloire for mine. 

I know he's entitled to every penny of it. But cash up front and the freedom to get another contract, earning money from it and keeping his stock relevant has to be worth upwards of 120k.

I'd have a bit more confidence in him than Carter at the moment, overall. But from the fresh trio of youngsters you can be sure one will fail to adjust well to regular games and pressure.

Edited by bluebruce

The Mulgrew situation is odd. The idea that he only played the first game of last season because of injuries is undermined by the fact he was captain in that game and on a long contract. Some sort of row seems to have happened. 

That said TM is poor at longer term planning. Look at last season's recruitment - there was a good chance 5 of the 6 wouldn't be here this year. As it is 4 aren't and a 5th may as well not be so he isn't one for thinking ahead more than the near future is TM. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

The Mulgrew situation is odd. The idea that he only played the first game of last season because of injuries is undermined by the fact he was captain in that game and on a long contract. Some sort of row seems to have happened. 

I thought it was fairly widely accepted that after we lost the opening home game of last season, (for which as you say CM was not only selected but captain) Mowbray blamed the defence in the press which Mulgrew took exception to and this culminated in them having a  stand up row at Brockhall in front of everyone on the last morning of the transfer window. 

By the afternoon he'd been shipped off on loan to Wigan with us no doubt paying most of his wage and relations between the two obviously haven't improved since.

10 hours ago, Vilesinner said:

Develop into a first teamer?

He should be the first name on the sheet.

Clearly you don't know much about him. He had always been highly regarded but had been out injured for a long time.

Travis is a grafter but not as naturally talented.

JRC reminds me a little of Gareth Bale; extremely talented and can play anywhere. 

We should part ex him with bale who can play left back ?

• Like 2

On 07/09/2020 at 12:35, Mashed Potatoes said:

I think Lambert got frustrated in the extreme about the difficulties of dealing with Venkys and the tortured procedure in getting decisions made - just like Steve Gibson. Lambert's personality wasn't suited to being the manager under Venkys.

Sorry, I'm playing catch-up again.

Which manager, other than one who wants a nice cushy billet in what may well be his last 'big' managerial appointment, wouldn't get frustrated by what appears to be micro-management by our owners?

28 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

That said TM is poor at longer term planning. Look at last season's recruitment - there was a good chance 5 of the 6 wouldn't be here this year. As it is 4 aren't and a 5th may as well not be so he isn't one for thinking ahead more than the near future is TM. 

Pretty certain the manager was hoping the rest he'd had would have revived him. If theirs one thing about TM he gives certain players more chances than we care to mention. If there's another thing we know it's that it also takes a long time for the penny to drop but when it does it drops hard.

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Nyambe's value will be negligible bearing in mind we have somehow allowed him to enter the last year of his contract and he will probably walk away for free in summer.

Dack's in the last year of his deal as well despite talk of a 12 month option in our favour which I can't see is enforceable unless both parties are happy with it.

The whole point of having an option in anyone's favour is the party it benifits can exercise it. Say it was optional in Dacks favour and he had his cruciate injury while his contract ran out then he could exercise the option there for if we want to we can extend it

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You're talking absolute rubbish. Whether Mulgrew does or does not go to Fleetwood and whether we can either have him at our disposal or save (say) £120k is a marginal benefit either way and fairly irrelevant in the general scheme of things.

The issue is that Mowbray gave him such a ridiculous contract at his age then compounded it by  falling  out with him putting the Club in the position of having to pay the player the thick end of £2m quid for 2 seasons not to play for us.

Blah blah blah bleet...whatever! You’re drifting from whinge to whinge. For what it’s worth I absolutely would NOT have given Mulgrew a 2.5yr contract and I believe that it was done as a ‘reward’ from TM and one last pay day...but that’s not what we’re discussing here. We’re discussing whether it’s right or not today (08/09/20) to try to save £120k by getting rid of a player who is no longer good enough to play in our team. It’s a no brainer and you arguing against it is just weird.

Dont tell me I’m talking rubbish because the point is as clear as day. Get rid and save as much cash as possible.

I’m not callous enough to believe that £120k is not a lot of money when people / fans are losing their jobs, season ticket holders asked to leave their money in last season and accept a price increase whilst the country approaches its highest levels of unemployment in modern history.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I thought it was fairly widely accepted that after we lost the opening home game of last season, (for which as you say CM was not only selected but captain) Mowbray blamed the defence in the press which Mulgrew took exception to and this culminated in them having a  stand up row at Brockhall in front of everyone on the last morning of the transfer window. 

By the afternoon he'd been shipped off on loan to Wigan with us no doubt paying most of his wage and relations between the two obviously haven't improved since.

That sounds plausible. I'd heard a few different rumours, didn't know this was the accepted version though it makes sense. TM really can't have any bite back or characters in the squad. 

4 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

That sounds plausible. I'd heard a few different rumours, didn't know this was the accepted version though it makes sense. TM really can't have any bite back or characters in the squad. 

Charlie was atrocious in that game. Slow and can't head the ball. Not a championship quality player unfortunately.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

What does he stand to gain from agreeing to a two year deal with a further 12 m option entirely at the Club's behest as opposed to a straightforward two year deal or three year deal?

You should really have asked him that before he signed the contract which he did so it does not really matter what you think he stands to gain or lose from said contract.

I bet they wished the last year of mulgrews contract had been optional but alas it was not so we pay him for a year much like we can extend the contract of dack we cant just cancel Charlie's it's all part of the deals you sign.