BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

4 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

We do need a winger. Maybe even two.

We have Bennett and that is it?

Gallagher and Brereton might be played on the wing but that isn't their position. Meanwhile we have lost Samuel and Graham so those striker/wingers are going to be stretched more than ever.

In terms of defensive midfielders we have Evans and Travis. Shoving others in there is risky at best.

For me, we need a LB, 2x CBs, backup keeper, a CDM and a winger at the very least.

We can maybe make do without a CDM. So as I said, 5 at least.

I wouldn't be looking for winger but using Rankin Costello, Rothwell, Dolan, Chapman, Brereton on the wide position in 4-3-3  Armstrong and Gallagher for the centre spot, possible Dack and Vale for that role. 

In terms of the midfield 3, we have Travis, Evans, Davenport, Johnson, Buckley, Holtby. 

Think its clear we need defenders and back up keeper in 1st

• Like 4

We are going nowhere under Waggott and Mowbray.

One minute they are telling Venkys to put their wallets away and the next they have a strict wage structure that is putting payers off joining. Luckily only the wrong kind of players. :rolleyes: 

• Like 4

Another load of bull-twaddle from Waggot.

Now don't get me wrong, agents are pond life and a blight on the game. But its not as if they've suddenly all upped their prices and demands. Rather we've decided we won't pay the going rate anymore. Championship players aren't asking for more I don't think, in fact given the uncertainty in football I'm very confident on this, so the costs shouldn't come as a surprise for Rovers whatsoever. However, blaming it on the agents makes a nice deflective excuse away from Venkys, Waggot and TM for their various roles in leaving us not paying the going rate. 

Also if eight out two in is anywhere near acceptable than we might as well down tools now. We need 2 just to field a solid, championship level, first 11. And that still includes one of our dolloper over-costly strikers in there. To say we need two is like using masking tape to patch up a car. What about a second keeper? Where's the defensive cover? Where's the strikers or wide attackers or whatever you want to call them? Who's going to score the goals? Dack, Armstrong, certainly, a few promising youngsters might and we're into players where the phrase booze ups and breweries come to mind. And that's acceptable?  That's the minimum? If the bar got any lower we would be digging it out of the ground. 

But no its hard luck all round and greedy agents. Hell of a consolation that will be having them scapegoats when we plummet down the league. 

I hate fiiotball. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Another load of bull-twaddle from Waggot.

Now don't get me wrong, agents are pond life and a blight on the game. But its not as if they've suddenly all upped their prices and demands. Rather we've decided we won't pay the going rate anymore. Championship players aren't asking for more I don't think, in fact given the uncertainty in football I'm very confident on this, so the costs shouldn't come as a surprise for Rovers whatsoever. However, blaming it on the agents makes a nice deflective excuse away from Venkys, Waggot and TM for their various roles in leaving us not paying the going rate. 

Also if eight out two in is anywhere near acceptable than we might as well down tools now. We need 2 just to field a solid, championship level, first 11. And that still includes one of our dolloper over-costly strikers in there. To say we need two is like using masking tape to patch up a car. What about a second keeper? Where's the defensive cover? Where's the strikers or wide attackers or whatever you want to call them? Who's going to score the goals? Dack, Armstrong, certainly, a few promising youngsters might and we're into players where the phrase booze ups and breweries come to mind. And that's acceptable?  That's the minimum? If the bar got any lower we would be digging it out of the ground. 

But no its hard luck all round and greedy agents. Hell of a consolation that will be having them scapegoats when we plummet down the league. 

I hate fiiotball. 

We need 5 in might get away with 4.

We have lost 8 players but Smallwood wasn't involved,either was Hart Samuel hardly involved, Graham's influence had dwindled.

Downing,Tosin and Walton only really played week in week out.

The likes of JRC, Buckley ,Davenport and Butterworth/Vale will give more of a contribution than Hart, Smallwood and Samuel.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JoeH said:

McKenna would be an awesome signing, but so would Kipre and Ayala and Mawson have been, it's not about nearly's its about those that actually come

You make a good point, I honestly believe names are leaked to make it look like we tried and ended up with Mr seventh choice, desperate last minute loan deal.

McKenna is a lummox, don’t get me wrong I don’t mind a lummoxy type of Centre half, like a Hanley, but Tony isn’t looking for that. McKenna would cost millions, and if we are talking about that much we should be after Tosin.

Sounds like Tony has maybe 3/4 million transfer budget but is being capped at maybe 15k a week in wages. 

A self inflicted salary cap makes sense, I like it, especially with the academy. However it really makes zero sense to be in this position after blowing our wad on the fearsome two, to the tune of 12m.

I do think Waggot is hinting that the funds would be made available for a marquee signing if we find someone suitable within wage budget.

Edited by Fraserkirky

15 minutes ago, Stuart said:

One minute they are telling Venkys to put their wallets away and the next they have a strict wage structure that is putting payers off joining. Luckily only the wrong kind of players. :rolleyes: 

I never believed the one about telling them to put their wallets away. It was just company man, blowing smoke up Indian a**** stuff. I don't believe the evolution or the new style of play stuff either. Going nowhere, then the inevitable slide...

I think TM and Waggott have run out of trust. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Yeah let’s end up like Bury and Bolton ?.. Fair play to waggott and Mowbray for not being taken for mugs 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, JoeH said:

McKenna would be an awesome signing, but so would Kipre and Ayala and Mawson have been, it's not about nearly's its about those that actually come

Agree with the other three but McKenna is awful, if he gets a move to championship he will get found out big time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

69 other clubs in the division but yeah expecting us to sign Championship standard players means being like Bury or Bolton.

Both of whom were bought by penniless charlatans. Nothing to do with buying decent players.

The only people being taken for mugs are Rovers fans.

Get a grip lad, we could end up like Bolton and Bury any day if venkys decide to pull the plug. Which I hope won’t be soon. I’d rather us be sensible in the market rather than go all out and end up shit creek due ffp. Most Rovers fans these days need to pull there heads out of the sand. We can’t compete anymore. Our fan base is shocking for one and 2 we don’t have the appeal anymore

its all down to venkys and how badly they got advised and slowly but surely they’re trying to put it right, but it’s gonna take time 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, OssyLad said:

Yeah let’s end up like Bury and Bolton ?.. Fair play to waggott and Mowbray for not being taken for mugs 

Both of them went to the wall due to ownership change. Bolton didn't go bust through paying big wages the previous owner took that debt with him.

Wish people wouldn't keep dragging them up as comparisons because they aren't.

• Like 3

It's also down to Mowbray that we 24 players (16 senior, 8 junior) in the final year of their contracts. The Tribunal's going to have plenty of work coming their way from us. Dack and his agent are going to 'just love' the club's salary structure, when it comes to renegotiation. Stars get paid star salaries. If all you'll pay for is journeymen, you'll get journeymen and no promotion to the Premier League.

Had photos of the state of Ewood Park not been uploaded, would any work have taken place on Ewood Park? No, of course not.

I'm convinced that Mowbray expected to use the sell-on for King to fund the transfers of Tosin and Cunningham. I think he still does.

Edited by Richard Oakley