BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

So a 10 million quid profit on trading yet still eye watering losses on wages and running costs ?

Strange set up but one that seems to suit the host corporation for some reason. Wonder if there's a secret divi bled out somehow on player trading ?  Of more interest would be the agents fees for that table !

Looks like the remit is just to try and keep average annual losses below the 20 million mark rather than go for promotion.

Odd.

Edited by tomphil

5 hours ago, awhom111 said:

I went through the accounts and looked up the transfer numbers for past seasons since relegation.  The first column is purchases during that year.  It should count all guaranteed payments associated with the transfer, regardless of when they have to be paid.  The second column is cash spent on transfers, regardless of when the purchase was made.  It should include add-on payments made during those periods as well.  The third column is cash received from transfers, regardless of when the sale was made.  It should also include add-on payments received.

roverstransfers.jpg

Where is the money for Gally (18/19)  and BB (18/19)?  Have we only paid £4.48m (cash out) of the £11m they cost?

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

34 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It's interesting that Waggott talks about a salary cap after the money that has been wasted recently. Aside from overpaying for players (and presumably salaries commensurate with those fees) we have (and still are) paying players not to play, £1.15m in agents fees and ridiculously £30k to fly the team to Cardiff recently.

The buck stops with the management team.

By the way Swag Tax has a nice ring to it ??.

Their nest is well feathered in all this and the owners are swallowing this slow build, transition from midtable to er.. midtable.

Compared to being at Coventry or Charlton this is like running Man City to these fellas they must pinch themselves every payday. Best job in football.  Next couple of seasons will really show if they are dynasty building or taking the piss.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, JoeH said:

Scott McKenna
Position: Centre-Back
Foot: Left
Club: Aberdeen
Nationality: Scottish ???????
Contract Expiry: 30/06/2023

Player Heat-Map:

561266991_Screenshot2020-09-09at22_04_37.png.97ed33b3ab38abafd0251aa294e8f517.png

Defensive Capabilities: (In Brackets = Darragh Lenihan Comparison)
Aerial Duels Won %: 66.9% (61%)
Aerial Duels Won Per Game: 8.35 (8.37)
Tackle Success %: 73.7% (65.4%)
Yellow Cards Per Match: 0.14 (0.30)
Interceptions Per Game: 5.14 (7.11)

Passing Capabilities: (In Brackets = Darragh Lenihan Comparison)
Pass Accuracy %: 78.4% (78.9%)
Passes Per Game: 36.7 (43.3)
Passes To Final 3rd Per Game: 6.73 (8.98)
Long Passes Per Game: 6.77 (9.00)

In essence, McKenna is much more rough and tough than Lenihan, a physical presence and a more traditional defender. At 6ft 2" McKenna has a little bit more physicality about his game, and can win a few more headers. He's not a passer, nothing like Tosin, and he doesn't fit Mowbray's style of play particularly well. He has some of the best defensive stats in Scotland however, and his tackling and defensive capabilities are better than, but at the least equal to, Darragh Lenihan's (our undisputed best centre-back).

Being left-footed massively helps him, and would massively help us. A combative centre-half like Lenihan who can comfortably play on the left hand side of a two is exactly what I believe would be great. I think Naby Sarr with his left foot and 6ft 4" presence also fits this bill, and he's a freebie!

Thanks Joe for such a detail report on him and the insight into the 

9 hours ago, Hi Mack said:

So now the list is shortening by the day, who realistically are we looking at for CB? 

Mawson, Ayala, Kipre etc. All moved on. It’s looking like the European market or take a chance on the youth......both have their gambles! 

who’s everyone’s 1st choice now?

Think we will go into the European market for at least 1 of the centre back we want aswell as Left back. Wages and agents fees would be less

9 hours ago, Swanson said:

My choice for a CB would come from our league back home :

Andreas Hanche-Olsen from Stabæk, 23 years old and their captain. He was also included in the Norway squad against Northern Ireland, would not be an expensive option.

Have you "scouted" this guy @JoeH ?

How much do you think he would cost? Look decent. 

7 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

They have already built a dynasty ....... for themselves.

How 3, very average at best, men can effectively own and operate a football club without paying a penny for it at outset or in maintenance is a masterclass.

Mowbray was going this route at Coventry but their owners were too savvy being somewhat experienced artists themselves.

He did a runner from there, naturally claiming honesty and integrity.

You can fool some of the people all of the time.

But only some.

It's like a franchise sponsored by a huge overseas corporation except managing losses is the aim of the game rather than profit.

Still people sat hidden in the middle of it all like brokers imo.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
7 hours ago, Tom said:

Randomly off topic here but how long has lancs live been around, is it an actual print paper or an online thing only?

I only ask because it seems only recent that we’ve had two local journos both being fed the same stories 

A little while. Used to be The Accrington Observer and a few others that have now merged.

9 hours ago, J*B said:

As far as I’m aware, the real hold up comes from Suhail. He’s the one that the Ewood staff think is responsible for things going to shit. The policy seems to be Venus identifies targets, Mowbray puts them to Waggot (affectionally known as Swag internally), Swag does the negotiation then refers it up to Suhail. Theoretically all that work can be done and then it can be kiboshed at the top. It shouldn’t get to that level and then have anything but an approval. 

Not in the least bit surprised by this. Would go a long way to explain how transfers go down at Ewood since Venkys arrived. Its an absolute shambles, you can't run a football club like you do any other business and as you say it shouldn't go to that clown Suhail for anything other than sign off. 

9 hours ago, J*B said:

As far as I’m aware, the real hold up comes from Suhail. He’s the one that the Ewood staff think is responsible for things going to shit. The policy seems to be Venus identifies targets, Mowbray puts them to Waggot (affectionally known as Swag internally), Swag does the negotiation then refers it up to Suhail. Theoretically all that work can be done and then it can be kiboshed at the top. It shouldn’t get to that level and then have anything but an approval. 

Good to know we have someone with great footballing knowledge making important decisions on these kind of things...

@Swanson can maybe give us an insight into the quality of the Norwegian leagues and what kind of level he's up against vs the level of the Championship in England. Seemingly quite two footed from what I can see, and at 6ft 1" definitely has some physicality too. Young at 23, with plenty of room for development, but as with all European players, big risks involved as to whether they suit the style over here. Travelled with Norway for their recent UEFA Nations League games, which is pretty impressive for his age, and he represented the national side at both U17's and U21's levels.

Andreas Schjølberg Hanche-Olsen
Position: Centre-Back
Foot: Right
Club: STABÆK
Nationality: Norwegian ??
Contract Expiry: 30/06/2022

Player Heat-Map:

388182393_Screenshot2020-09-10at08_43_27.png.e0e0090ad9cf67246d5b8e867798109d.png

Defensive Capabilities: (In Brackets = Darragh Lenihan Comparison)
Aerial Duels Won %: 61.5% (61%)
Aerial Duels Won Per Game: 4.81 (8.37)
Tackle Success %: 63.2% (65.4%)
Yellow Cards Per Match: 0.15 (0.30)
Interceptions Per Game: 5.64 (7.11)

Passing Capabilities: (In Brackets = Darragh Lenihan Comparison)
Pass Accuracy %: 83.9% (78.9%)
Passes Per Game: 41.49 (43.3)
Passes To Final 3rd Per Game: 4.55 (8.98)
Long Passes Per Game: 5.06 (9.00)

Like the time mid season the wise old owl let capable back up defender Downing go on loan because it was the right thing to do for the player. Then within 2 weeks we had a center half crisis !

No wonder people question his agenda sometimes, play offs or just the players ? Uncle Tone.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 7

10 hours ago, J*B said:

Suhail wasn't in the UK at the start of lockdown so I doubt he has returned ( but don't know for sure). I spoke to 'Swag' at one of the fan consultation meetings and he told me that it can take a couple of days for Venky's to return phone calls or emails. Not exactly a well oiled machine!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Suhail wasn't in the UK at the start of lockdown so I doubt he has returned ( but don't know for sure). I spoke to 'Swag' at one of the fan consultation meetings and he told me that it can take a couple of days for Venky's to return phone calls or emails. Not exactly a well oiled machine!

Suhail is 100% in the building at the moment. 

27 minutes ago, Tugay-is-God said:

Considering we've got an extra year option on Dack's contract, I'd say Nyambe's contract situation is probably more pressing.

I agree. If we don't sign Nyambe up to a 5 year deal we risk missing out on £10-15m imo. 

As shown against Leicester he can play in the prem he's probably the best RB in the league.

Edited by RoversClitheroe
  • Like 2