BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Here’s to you Steve Waggott! ( sung  to tune of Waltzing Mathilda )

Once a jolly “Swag”man

Knew what he wanted all along

To meet up with his old mate

Tony Mowbree

...and they sat, and they watched a and they waited 

Far, far far too long...

” We’ll sign what we can, mate..as long  as they’re free.”

Swagman and Tony, Swagman and Tony

Now’s the time to leave us....and set Ewood free

I’m singing and I’m humming ...cause defenders might be coming 

Messrs Mowbray and Waggott ......just “ Let it be”.....

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Where is the money for Gally (18/19)  and BB (18/19)?  Have we only paid £4.48m (cash out) of the £11m they cost?

Brereton's £7m fee is presumably included in the 2018/19 "purchases" figure. The "cash out" figure presumably includes the first installment for him.

Gallagher's total fee is presumably recorded in the purchases column for 2019/20  which we dont yet have. The first installment for him and a further installment for BB would presumably appear in the cash out column for 2019/20.

22 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I agree. If we don't sign Nyambe up to a 5 year deal we risk missing out on £10-15m imo. 

As shown against Leicester he can play in the prem he's probably the best RB in the league.

He definitely needs signing up long term but the best RB in the league and capable of playing in the Prem? Based on a friendly? Not sure about that.

All signs point to Nyambe,Lenihen, Williams, Bell for Saturdays game.

When i said i think they are half hearted in their approach to these defenders they are alleged to be after i think it's because the above is TM first choice back line. I really don't think he rates those he's after as any better than Williams and that lot all fall within budget, so he won't pay them more when they'd be coming in as back up. It's how he's worked the past few years so no reason to think anything has changed.

Release the groundhog the season is here again, usual suspects in front of yet another change of keeper. The detail is in the planning.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

All signs point to Nyambe,Lenihen, Williams, Bell for Saturdays game.

When i said i think they are half hearted in their approach to these defenders they are alleged to be after i think it's because the above is TM first choice back line. I really don't think he rates those he's after as any better than Williams and that lot all fall within budget, so he won't pay them more when they'd be coming in as back up. It's how he's worked the past few years so no reason to think anything has changed.

That doesn't really mesh with the discussions to sell Williams.

Just now, bluebruce said:

That doesn't really mesh with the discussions to sell Williams.

It does if Tony doesn't want to sell him. For the money they'd get it wouldn't go far on a replacement and think of the team spirit if Del is popular.

Nobody has said they want to see him go nor has the player himself only that's there's been interest. Some of it long standing, now then how long does he have left on his contract ?

26 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Mowbray claims a deal for a foreign player collapsed yesterday due to ‘costs involving a third party’.

24 minutes ago, JHRover said:

"To lose one may be misfortune. To lose two looks like carelessness"

Why do you get involve in paying third party people who have nothing do with the deal? 

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Any idea on who the player was 

B A Baracus

He ain’t getting on no plane!

So what date are people betting on for the first article stating ‘the emergence in pre season of Wharton / Magloire / Fisher / Dolan etc has lessened the need for that position’ 

You know it’s got to be incoming 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

@Swanson can maybe give us an insight into the quality of the Norwegian leagues and what kind of level he's up against vs the level of the Championship in England. Seemingly quite two footed from what I can see, and at 6ft 1" definitely has some physicality too. Young at 23, with plenty of room for development, but as with all European players, big risks involved as to whether they suit the style over here. Travelled with Norway for their recent UEFA Nations League games, which is pretty impressive for his age, and he represented the national side at both U17's and U21's levels.

Andreas Schjølberg Hanche-Olsen
Position: Centre-Back
Foot: Right
Club: STABÆK
Nationality: Norwegian ??
Contract Expiry: 30/06/2022

Player Heat-Map:

388182393_Screenshot2020-09-10at08_43_27.png.e0e0090ad9cf67246d5b8e867798109d.png

Defensive Capabilities: (In Brackets = Darragh Lenihan Comparison)
Aerial Duels Won %: 61.5% (61%)
Aerial Duels Won Per Game: 4.81 (8.37)
Tackle Success %: 63.2% (65.4%)
Yellow Cards Per Match: 0.15 (0.30)
Interceptions Per Game: 5.64 (7.11)

Passing Capabilities: (In Brackets = Darragh Lenihan Comparison)
Pass Accuracy %: 83.9% (78.9%)
Passes Per Game: 41.49 (43.3)
Passes To Final 3rd Per Game: 4.55 (8.98)
Long Passes Per Game: 5.06 (9.00)

Obviously Championship is a better league than Eliteserien, but we have a example in Erling Haaland that it necessarily doesn't mean anything. He was up against weaker defenses in Norway, but that didn't stop him when he made the move to Austria, but then again he is a bit extreme ? In my opinion, he would do fine in the Championship.

Hanche-Olsen and Emil Bohinen (son of Lars) are Stabæk's biggest assets right now, but I think a fee around 1 mill would do it. 

But I doubt Rovers are in for him, was just an example from me. Young, cheap (compared to other CB's), promising and available.

• Like 3