BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, Tom said:

B A Baracus

He ain’t getting on no plane!

So what date are people betting on for the first article stating ‘the emergence in pre season of Wharton / Magloire / Fisher / Dolan etc has lessened the need for that position’ 

You know it’s got to be incoming 

They love it when a plan comes together.

How on earth do you get to arrange flights and medicals without having hammered out the deal first ? Makes no sense.

As many have pointed out before, our approach to recruitment is tin pot. Mowbray and Venus should be nowhere near this sort of thing. They should provide names to the 'recruitment team' and then get back to managing the football team. It's not the 1970s!

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:
Why do you get involve in paying third party people who have nothing do with the deal? 

They clearly do have something to do with the deal, or they'd not be able to stop the deal.

It's bizarre that this would only come up at this late stage.

20 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

If you were the player you'd bin the agent 

Who says it's an agent? Sounds like third-party ownership to me, like with the old Tevez and Mascherano debacle. Although you would think the agent would bring this up at an earlier point in proceedings tbf. Maybe they did and the third party didn't get back to anyone for a while with what they wanted.

Who knows. It's definitely dragging on towards 'unacceptable' territory though. With nobody signed by today you can be certain we won't have a new face for Saturday. I can live with a game or two if the right player comes in after, but the longer this goes on the more it hampers us, simple as that.

Edited by bluebruce

He might just have asked for first class tickets, meals, hotel and expenses for all we know.

Remember this is the man who told those listening that Bauers agent wanted 40/50k pwk for his client. A few weeks before Preston signed him.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

How on earth do you get to arrange flights and medicals without having hammered out the deal first ? Makes no sense.

As many have pointed out before, our approach to recruitment is tin pot. Mowbray and Venus should be nowhere near this sort of thing. They should provide names to the 'recruitment team' and then get back to managing the football team. It's not the 1970s!

The deals get agreed and then agents move the goalposts last minute thinking that both clubs and the player are too far down the road to squabble over ‘a measly £100k’....I’m actually glad they cancelled it

• Like 3

I'd much rather us avoid bureaucracy, agents and suits, back to the dark days of paying 7-figure agents fees and dealing with 3rd party groups. If we can't get Deal A and B done because of those financial and logistical type things then I completely respect and understand that.

The problem however is that so many other clubs do manage to get deals done. Are the other 23 championship clubs not dealing with the same suits, with the same demands, or is it that all 23 other clubs are just happy to pay large agents fees and deal with difficult and frustrating 3rd party groups?

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Intriguing comments from Mowbray about the player (s) that wants us to sign a couple of targets to prove we're serious about promotion.

That's where we are as fans at the moment too. Hopefully, he does bring in some quality in defence and we can push on.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I'd much rather us avoid bureaucracy, agents and suits, back to the dark days of paying 7-figure agents fees and dealing with 3rd party groups. If we can't get Deal A and B done because of those financial and logistical type things then I completely respect and understand that.

The problem however is that so many other clubs do manage to get deals done. Are the other 23 championship clubs not dealing with the same suits, with the same demands, or is it that all 23 other clubs are just happy to pay large agents fees and deal with difficult and frustrating 3rd party groups?

I think we have discussed this before. Nobody wants to pay agents, 3rd parties or 'suits' but what we do need is business savy, reliable, staff at the club to handle this sort of thing. It's not Mowbray's job or Venus' job. Waggot will obviously have some input but the whole operation needs to be more organised. Maybe that's how the other 23 clubs work.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JHRover said:

There's always an excuse here isn't there?

Mysterious third parties that suddenly appear just as these foreign signings are flying in for a medical.

Random Premier League clubs coming in and offering more money with our deal almost done.

In fact we've had just about every excuse going and I'm bored with it.

Its been going on for over 3 years and the situation isn't good enough. Something has to change. Our transfer strategy or system isn't working. 

would you prefer paying 1.6 million agents again? Or when agents chasing fees demands after it been agree?

We are right not to get involved in third party like West Ham or other clubs do? Third party ownership is common theme in some countries. 

34 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Deals get done between clubs and players agent so who this 3rd party person?

30 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

The deals get agreed and then agents move the goalposts last minute thinking that both clubs and the player are too far down the road to squabble over ‘a measly £100k’....I’m actually glad they cancelled it

Agreed. Or would people prefer to be paying agents or third party people inflation fees again. Like Rochina''s agent fee 1.6 million. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Is it possible that some of this comes from the owners? As in they realised that they got taken for an absolute ride by Anderson etc. and are now over compensating and refusing to sanction signings with big agent pay offs? 

I mean I doubt they are as hands on as that, but I can see sending a missive from Pune saying 'no more agents'  and the club just having to try and live with it.

2 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the player who's told Tony to buy some quality to prove we are serious about promotion

I missed that. Have we missed out on a target because they want to see us show more ambition? 

I was more thinking that this was the player that wants to come here but his agent is demanding too much. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Other clubs don't have Mowbray, Waggott and Venus.

• Like 3

“We have told the owners that we have to be engaging with other players as well to get them on longer-term contracts if we can, and if they will sign, so we can retain the assets so that if any clubs come in for our assets, and there’s been talk about some about some of our players which is good, but we have to protect them so if they do have to go, we get the right terms for them.”

This worries me. I can see another “He will be signing any day now” scenario.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

IMO, a Premier League bullsh!tter.

Didn't see any challenge from Bayes at all - think you could pull any 16 year old off the street to do what Bayes does.  IMO, a waste of space as a journalist.

• Like 7