BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why in the world would there be a domino effect for new signings? As if they're all waiting for one to sign before they will. Another total bollocks statement. They might end up signing in short order of each other, but not because of a domino effect, just cos time is running short.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

I missed that. Have we missed out on a target because they want to see us show more ambition? 

I was more thinking that this was the player that wants to come here but his agent is demanding too much. 

Just this quote on the article:

The other player I'm talking to wants to get to the Premier League and I say 'if I sign you then that will be really positive'.

"But I have to get one or two over the line in order for them to believe that's where we're going and that's what we want to do and that's how the journey is going to be."

Load of bollocks most likely but the proof is in the pudding.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

All signs point to Nyambe,Lenihen, Williams, Bell for Saturdays game.

When i said i think they are half hearted in their approach to these defenders they are alleged to be after i think it's because the above is TM first choice back line. I really don't think he rates those he's after as any better than Williams and that lot all fall within budget, so he won't pay them more when they'd be coming in as back up. It's how he's worked the past few years so no reason to think anything has changed.

Release the groundhog the season is here again, usual suspects in front of yet another change of keeper. The detail is in the planning.

I can just about understand the logic with Williams. But surely we can get someone better than Bell.

• Like 3

Singh's presence and interference totally upset Kean & Anderson little money making racket and for that i'd always buy him a pint. It was far too late though to make much difference in the grand scheme of things and the longer he was around he began to add to it. Had his own delusions of grandeur and money making after his war with Shagnew.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

Intriguing comments from Mowbray about the player (s) that wants us to sign a couple of targets to prove we're serious about promotion.

That's where we are as fans at the moment too. Hopefully, he does bring in some quality in defence and we can push on.

Yes.  And clearly the feeling 'in the game' is we aren't a club/squad capable of promotion.

• Like 4

Plenty of excuses again from Mowbray, as has been said, we are going into the season with a back 4 of Nyambe, Lenihan, Williams and Bell, that is all we need to know.

Agents are sadly a necessary evil, its a strawman argument to suggest that people are implying that we should spend loads on agent fees, but why wasnt that know before it got to the medical? Another excuse, and more time before an actual defender comes in.

4 minutes ago, unsall said:

Amazing how many wannabe COEs on here, and most haven’t a clue.

No one has claimed that they want to be a wannabe CEO, although no one would mind his quite frankly obscene salary!

People quite rightly have regularly criticised his policies, on ticketing via a passive aggressive advertising campaign and focused on rinsing the hardcore rather than maximising the quantity, hence the continued failure to hit targets. And the total void of communication over a 6 month period leaving supporters feeling out of touch.

What has he done that is positive?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hi Mack said:

It’s getting comical now! ?

TM sounds like a grandad trying to convince his Grandson he was in the SAS!! How many transfers have we been on the brink of completing in recent windows, then for the mysteriously disappear in to thin air! 

"I have a girlfriend, but you wouldn't know her. She goes to another school." - Tony Mowbray at 15 (probably)

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

He's got it right often enough on transfers to be trusted , and results have not been rubbish.

He's often got it wrong---you can't just look at the ones he signed, you also have to consider the ones he didn't pursue or missed. Particularly true of defence.

The results have been very ordinary----never threatened the play-offs and finish around halfway.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Why in the world would there be a domino effect for new signings? As if they're all waiting for one to sign before they will. Another total bollocks statement. They might end up signing in short order of each other, but not because of a domino effect, just cos time is running short.

Don't worry, the floodgates will open!  :blink:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I said the other day a signing was close, that was Cunningham back in. There was a breakthrough the other day in that Cardiff were happy to let him go. We now have competition for that deal however

Would that be to buy or loan?

Just now, 47er said:

Don't worry, the floodgates will open!  :blink:

Defenders are coming!

Barnsley managed to bring in a CB, Helik, from a Polish side. So it can be done, if your club is prepared to pay the price.

Kaminski was first scouted last year,before the new european scouting department was set up. wouldn't be surprised, if we didn't enquire about him in January and let Gent know what we could afford to pay. Gent wanted to get shut of the player.

2 days before our season opener against AFC Bournemouth and Mowbray is talking to two players about coming here. I'd rather Mowbray was putting the finishing touches to his game plan than talking to players. If the two were Tosin and Cunningham, I'll forgive him, if they come in, since I believe the two were his top targets all along.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I said the other day a signing was close, that was Cunningham back in. There was a breakthrough the other day in that Cardiff were happy to let him go. We now have competition for that deal however

This could be Preston and the embarassing Bauer episode gets a re run .

30 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Surely we are in pole on this one. He was very appreciative of our staff supporting him during injury. 

Would be absolutely great to get him. Obviously concern about the injury and if he is all there. But that apart as good as we are going to do at left back. 

Then it would be down to getting at least one quality experienced cb or 2 quality experienced cb if we let Williams go. Then I think the window will have been adequate (but certainly not good).

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 1

I’m glad that some players we’re after have said they want to get to the Premier League and have, by the sounds of it, pretty much challenged Mowbray as to whether he’s serious about getting promoted.

For too long now we’ve had a mix of players who have had a brief taste of the PL and know they aren’t good enough and, primarily, players who are just happy to plod along in the Championship as they know that’s their level. Couple that with no urgency in the dugout and off the pitch and it’s no wonder we never challenge at all.

It still winds me up now when I think about Gallagher’s Instagram post last Boxing Day - ‘10 unbeaten’ and a smiley face. This after two dire home draws and performances against Wigan and Birmingham which ensured we didn’t enter the play off spots. That said it all.

For what it’s worth, under Mowbray I don’t think we’ll ever even enter the top 6 at any significant stage of the season - never mind go the whole way and get promoted. But a change in mentality and desire on the pitch would at least be most welcome. Of course first we’d have to actually sign said players and ‘get them over the line’ which seems incredibly difficult for us to do.......

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

unimaginative from Mogga but that's not new.

You would hope that he would want to come back to us and that would put us in the driving seat.

• Like 1