BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

My take on Raya is he'll know Brentford sell players after they've polished them up a bit so he'll be flogged sooner or later whether he likes it o  not. When that time comes it might not be Arsenal knocking on the door these chances don't come often, then there's the coach angle.

If you're going to be a no 2 anywhere then why not there, lets just take our cut and wish him well.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

He will be joining Arsenal to sit on the bench though.Martinez been outstanding for Arsenal since Leno got injured but now back fit Martinez being sold and Leno will revert to being number 1 again.

Agree with the rest of your post  we sold for peanuts.

Only 25 this week, got a decade left as a keeper. Huge wage bump, increased profile even if it doesn't work out at Arsenal (at which point he will probably get loaned out or sold to a Prem or top Championship side). Chance to break into one of the top sides in the country, always the possibility to impress enough to stay in. Nah, I stick by it, great move for the lad, it'll set him up for life if he's smart, and probably sort his career trajectory and salary out for a good 5 years or more.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Only 25 this week, got a decade left as a keeper. Huge wage bump, increased profile even if it doesn't work out at Arsenal (at which point he will probably get loaned out or sold to a Prem or top Championship side). Chance to break into one of the top sides in the country, always the possibility to impress enough to stay in. Nah, I stick by it, great move for the lad, it'll set him up for life if he's smart, and probably sort his career trajectory and salary out for a good 5 years or more.

You could well be right.

The coach who was at Brentford obviously rates him, currently makes too many mistakes to be a premier league goalkeeper imo especially at a club like Arsenal and although I think he has potential to be a top class goalkeeper, my opinion is he would be better served playing every week to work on his weaknesses

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Here is Daniel Levy on how hard it is to do a transfer. From Spurs Documentary series on Amazon 

Nobody thinks it's easy.My issue with it all is how many times do we hear Mowbray telling us a deal is done only for it to break down .

You won't find Levy practically announcing a signing to the media until the deal is done.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Loyal lad, isn't he.

PL chance, PL wages. Good luck to him.

He wasn't shown much loyalty at Rovers straight after being kicked in the head so learnt fast.

Bit of a joke actually as he cost Brentford in their Playoffs

Edited by AllRoverAsia

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Here is Daniel Levy on how hard it is to do a transfer. From Spurs Documentary series on Amazon 

We get it, you think the club can do no wrong and are doing a brilliant job. 

As you like to say not a fair comparison, but I appreciate that comparisons are only allowed, along with hypotheticals and near misses, if it makes us look good. 

Coventry (I think they have signed a few) must be miracle workers to get some players in. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blue blood said:

Raya wanting to leave after only one season reflects badly on him. 

Us letting him go for peanuts when his value has trebled in 1 year reflects badly on us. And that's before we factor in we got Walton as a replacement. 

Temporary replacement. Although, I'm glad it was.

Just now, bluebruce said:

Temporary replacement. Although, I'm glad it was.

Yes the only positive thing about it turned out to be the muck up that we got a temporary replacement in. 

When your mistakes become the only saving grace in a transfer you know you have made a boo boo. 

• Like 1

Raya was a championship to championship transfer and he wanted to go. The fee was reasonable along with the sell on clause, it’s the world of football we currently live in.

Wanker kean could have got Son for peanuts before he went for £20m plus but he didn’t! The profit on him would have been great.

The money we will see from sell on clauses is a bonus obtained from a view of the future ability of the player, there are no guarantees of success but as we are a run of the mill club we are stuck. Unless the big boys come calling for the likes of Armstrong or Travis then any transfer fees from championship clubs will be a fraction of potential fees from the premiership.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jlee1984 said:

Would Raya be worth that price if he were still playing for us, I think not! Brentford fighting for promotion and a good team to watch,Hence the inflated price, If he does go to Arsenal then we can consider it a successful piece of Business with the overall fee we have received 

Well no, because we are happy to sell for peanuts. Even if he had a 10 mill market value with Arsenal snooping we would let him go for about 6 I reckon. 'We couldn't stand in David's way by asking an unreasonable fee, we had to do right by the player and let him go as soon as Arsenal were interested. Not a problem anyway, there's this bright young keeper at Brighton we can loan, we will be fine.'

We can't consider it a successful piece of business because after what, 6 years of developing him, we will have let Brentford make more money off him in a year.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Raya was a championship to championship transfer and he wanted to go. The fee was reasonable along with the sell on clause, it’s the world of football we currently live in.

Was it buggery a reasonable fee. As shown by the fact that many of us said at the time it was far too cheap, and a year later he is being touted for more than triple the amount!!! A sell on is better than none but it was still a poor deal. At a well ran club, hard questions would be getting asked on the back of this. And on the back of the BB buy. And on the back of the SG buy. And about the pointless contract extensions.

• Like 4

Well no, because we are happy to sell for peanuts. Even if he had a 10 mill market value with Arsenal snooping we would let him go for about 6 I reckon. 'We couldn't stand in David's way by asking an unreasonable fee, we had to do right by the player and let him go as soon as Arsenal were interested. Not a problem anyway, there's this bright young keeper at Brighton we can loan, we will be fine.'

We can't consider it a successful piece of business because after what, 6 years of developing him, we will have let Brentford make more money off him in a year.

Was it buggery a reasonable fee. As shown by the fact that many of us said at the time it was far too cheap, and a year later he is being touted for more than triple the amount!!! A sell on is better than none but it was still a poor deal. At a well ran club, hard questions would be getting asked on the back of this. And on the back of the BB buy. And on the back of the SG buy. And about the pointless contract extensions.

So what the difference between selling him for The price we did with sell on clause, Or a straight 5-6 million deal? In the end we got the cash

28 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

We get it, you think the club can do no wrong and are doing a brilliant job. 

As you like to say not a fair comparison, but I appreciate that comparisons are only allowed, along with hypotheticals and near misses, if it makes us look good. 

Coventry (I think they have signed a few) must be miracle workers to get some players in. 

Did I say that? Rovers make mistakes in the market. But you judge at the end of a window when you sign or not sign the players we want, and how the new signings performed. Like Walton was awful signing in the end where Downing and Adarabioyo were good signings. 

Wonder why you say cos it suit your opinion. Levy is one of the best chairman in the game. 

Yes Coventry have signed some of those players but would you wanted any here and would they improve our starting 11?