BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

9 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It's a job for them, at the end of the day.

There's little glory in the Championship, so if someone is offering double to play elsewhere I don't begrudge them going.

There's far more glory in it than the Chinese and Saudi leagues, plus the small chance of reaching the most feted league in the world. I'm not begrudging them, it's their lives and their choices, can clearly do what they want. I've no time or reason to be mad at them. But they can hardly be described as ambitious, or valuing their football anywhere near as much as their pay, can they?

6 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

There's far more glory in it than the Chinese and Saudi leagues, plus the small chance of reaching the most feted league in the world. I'm not begrudging them, it's their lives and their choices, can clearly do what they want. I've no time or reason to be mad at them. But they can hardly be described as ambitious, or valuing their football anywhere near as much as their pay, can they?

Probably they accept that they have reached a ceiling in their chosen profession, that somebody has offered them a massive pension pot is an opportunity that they might not see again and they all have family and friends who depend on them, so it isn't that much of a surprise.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not at Stuart but if you look at a number of players who left us and done nothing with their careers afterwards was it worth moving on. Players David Bentley, Chris Samba, Roque Santa Cruz, Benni McCarthy, Lucas Neill in our PL days. Now championship days like Jordan Rhodes, Rudy Gestede, Ben Marshall. Some players like Duffy and Hanley have gone on and played regular PL football. 

Not sure what your point is. Rovers had a handle on its transfer business back then and made decent fees.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

Rothwell is probably now being coached to run sideways direct forwards runners are becoming rare in this sideways world.

Put the goals at the side of the pitch and we've cracked it then.

I learnt a long while ago that I could pass the ball a lot quicker than I could run with it.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Put the goals at the side of the pitch and we've cracked it then.

I learnt a long while ago that I could pass the ball a lot quicker could run with it.

Under someone like Allardyce he'd use it to get him winning free kicks in the final 3rd as often as possible. Trying to use anything and everything to gain that extra inch on the opposition and win games.  Take what a player is good at and flog it to death, fit it into a team and leave the weaknesses for the training ground and extra work with the coaches.

Matchday is all about getting points. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, J*B said:

I would have loved us to sign Ayala because I think he’s a fantastic CB. But if he’s going to play for money in Saudi then we don’t need that sort of player here. 
No news from me. I’ve only known two targets, one Spaniard (assumed Ayala) and one left back, who signed for a Chinese club instead. 

Thanks Josh. 

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

That's the way of the world. Adam Armstrong was on his way to Preston as they had agreed a deal with Newcastle when we went in for him. In Ridsdales words 'we blew them out of the water' financially.

I don't remember too much criticism of Armstrong on here for taking a better financial deal and usurping Preston.

It's football.

Yes but overlooking that he had played here before, the Manager has got the best out of him twice in young career and knew most of the squad. All others factors that played a part in his decision to come here. 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks Josh. 

Yes but overlooking that he had played here before, the Manager has got the best out of him twice in young career and knew most of the squad. All others factors that played a part in his decision to come here. 

Oh come on now. Why is he different from any player who moves for more money. I have never heard about a player who has turned down a far more lucrative deal to play for a particular manager or club. If it was for ambition alone then Preston were a better proposition.

Your judgement is blinkered by anything which adversely shows any links to Rovers as criticism or in this case reality.

• Like 7

Just now, RoverKyle said:

Who is this left back that has gone to China? Been searching through transfers completed to the Chinese Super League and can't find him for the life of me.

Someone suggested Tomas Kadar. I may have spelt his first name wrong. Tamas maybe?

Edited by bluebruce

27 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Oh come on now. Why is he different from any player who moves for more money. I have never heard about a player who has turned down a far more lucrative deal to play for a particular manager or club. If it was for ambition alone then Preston were a better proposition.

Your judgement is blinkered by anything which adversely shows any links to Rovers as criticism or in this case reality.

Armstrong tells us his reasons here when he signed permanent for the club..

" I enjoyed my time here last season and it was a no-brainer to come back," 

"It hasn't quite sunk in yet, because I've been at Newcastle all my life, but I'm sure I'll settle in quickly.

"The lads have been texting me every day since I left, asking when I was coming back! It's nice to feel wanted and it's nice to feel at home, so it was a pretty easy decision."

Plus having his most productive seasons under Mowbray clearly he can get the best out of him as he has done so far. Heckingbottom and Parkinson couldn't. So let's play for manager who knows me best and gets the best out of me. Why couldnt Preston afford his wages? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

14 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

He's one of the players I thought it could be, but he moved to China in February.

23 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

Who is this left back that has gone to China? Been searching through transfers completed to the Chinese Super League and can't find him for the life of me.

My bad, he went to Saudi, Kim Jin Su. 

23 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Someone suggested Tomas Kadar. I may have spelt his first name wrong. Tamas maybe?

Surely not one to tick the boxes for Mowbray:

Upon his arrival to the Ekstraklasa club Lech Poznań, he was nicknamed Bad boy by the fans of the club for resembling Jesse Pinkman from the AMC TV series Breaking Bad. He is known for his multitude of tattoos, which he started collecting as a hobby after his club banned him from riding a motorcycle.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Armstrong tells us his reasons here when he signed permanent for the club..

" I enjoyed my time here last season and it was a no-brainer to come back," 

"It hasn't quite sunk in yet, because I've been at Newcastle all my life, but I'm sure I'll settle in quickly.

"The lads have been texting me every day since I left, asking when I was coming back! It's nice to feel wanted and it's nice to feel at home, so it was a pretty easy decision."

Plus having his most productive seasons under Mowbray clearly he can get the best out of him as he has done so far. Heckingbottom and Parkinson couldn't. So let's play for manager who knows me best and gets the best out of me. Why couldnt Preston afford his wages? 

If that's what you want to believe then work away. Preston have a wage structure which they didn't want to break. I thought you were in favour of that approach after either Mowbray or Swag alluded to a wage cap in an interview this week.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

To say that Boro are earmarked as being some sort of justification for our failures in the transfer market, despite the fact that for us it is the same every year, they have just completed their third signing of Championship experience in Sam Morsy.

Warnock wouldn't be wasting his twilight years in management at a club unable to get players in.

He wants another promotion. Everything that happens at Middlesbrough this summer will be done with a view to achieving that THIS season.

He won't be looking at 2-3 years from now, player development or values or marginal gains.

Having said that the best way of putting value into players is by getting promoted.

• Like 3