BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Covid is sadly ramping up again. R over 1 and cases doubling inside a week. Govt for sure are going to do everything they can to keep schools open so live crowds at football matches simply isn't happening again in 2020.

This dawning realisation is going to tip several EFL clubs and even the odd PL outfit into absolute despair financially before the window closes. For one thing, PL clubs declare their squad of 25 before the EFL Window closes so loan availabilities become much more visible.

Rovers keeping their budget to themselves could be in prime position to do some remarkably astute business in early October. A wily old campaigner like Warnock will be thinking thjis way up at Boro.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, philipl said:

Covid is sadly ramping up again. R over 1 and cases doubling inside a week. Govt for sure are going to do everything they can to keep schools open so live crowds at football matches simply isn't happening again in 2020.

This dawning realisation is going to tip several EFL clubs and even the odd PL outfit into absolute despair financially before the window closes. For one thing, PL clubs declare their squad of 25 before the EFL Window closes so loan availabilities become much more visible.

Rovers keeping their budget to themselves could be in prime position to do some remarkably astute business in early October. A wily old campaigner like Warnock will be thinking thjis way up at Boro.

Wake up. Astute is not a word to ever describe our transfer and recruitment strategy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Armstrong tells us his reasons here when he signed permanent for the club..

" I enjoyed my time here last season and it was a no-brainer to come back," 

"It hasn't quite sunk in yet, because I've been at Newcastle all my life, but I'm sure I'll settle in quickly.

"The lads have been texting me every day since I left, asking when I was coming back! It's nice to feel wanted and it's nice to feel at home, so it was a pretty easy decision."

Plus having his most productive seasons under Mowbray clearly he can get the best out of him as he has done so far. Heckingbottom and Parkinson couldn't. So let's play for manager who knows me best and gets the best out of me. Why couldnt Preston afford his wages? 

What do you expect any player to say when they sign for a club? its always the same platitudes.

Have you ever heard a player say " I came here because they offered me more money than anywhere else. I liked the other clubs and their managers more but, i like money."

You are so naive Chaddy

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not at all.

Play Wharton. 

This. 100% this.

Why he’s contemplating Williams above Wharton when he’s come out and specifically said he’s actively trying to get shut of Williams is PEAK Mowbray. Zero logic in that at all! 

Give Wharton a chance because a. We need to see if he can cut it at some point and b. He’s likely to still be here when the window slams shut.

• Like 9

Williams as a left back is atrocious but as a backup centre half I don’t honestly think he’s that bad. He had some decent games at centre half last season. Not bothered if he stays or goes but he has to play alongside Lenihan tomorrow for me. Doesn’t change the fact we NEED to bring a centre half and a left back in ASAP

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I just don't get this.  We're at least 4 players shy of what everyone expected as a minimum 6 weeks ago.  Eve of the season and now people are ok with that?

Jeez.  

Don’t think anyone is ok with it, obviously, but some  realise the window is still open, and will be open for a while yet, made it worse with having to move the window back because of Covid, last season the window closed before  the season started.

2 minutes ago, unsall said:

Don’t think anyone is ok with it, obviously, but some  realise the window is still open, and will be open for a while yet, made it worse with having to move the window back because of Covid, last season the window closed before  the season started.

I accept the window is still open and we may or may not get players in. 

12 minutes ago, Butty said:

Williams as a left back is atrocious but as a backup centre half I don’t honestly think he’s that bad. He had some decent games at centre half last season. Not bothered if he stays or goes but he has to play alongside Lenihan tomorrow for me. Doesn’t change the fact we NEED to bring a centre half and a left back in ASAP

I don’t think he’s that bad either but he’s not going to be here so why play him? 

Wharton needs to be given a shot at some point. When, if not now?

22 minutes ago, pick32 said:

Rather not experiment against a really good Bournemouth side with Wharton, let’s play our best two please 

If you are referring to Del, give your head a wobble.

If Charlie Goode is good enough to start for Brentford, whats the difference with his defensive partner from last season, Wharton.? Can you imagine Brentford starting Del??

• Like 3

I’d start Wharton tomorrow but play del at left back . As bad as he is he’s a million times the player bell is and I’m expecting to be under the cosh for quite a lot of the game. It has to be nyambe, Leninhan, Wharton and del for me

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

If you are referring to Del, give your head a wobble.

If Charlie Goode is good enough to start for Brentford, whats the difference with his defensive partner from last season, Wharton.? Can you imagine Brentford starting Del??

Agreed, How many players can say they have been promoted 3 Times, He’s been shipped off for years now and been successful, Never Moaned, Just got on With his football stating he want to fight for his place every time he’s come back, He’s young, Hungry, and wants a career with us, He’s got the heart it’s up to him to find consistency and not be forced out the 11, I believe he will become a regular! #coyb SEASON STARTS TOMORROW ??

• Like 2