BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

On 09/09/2020 at 18:30, RevidgeBlue said:

I thought Bowyer was pretty well backed. He brought in umpteen players. It looks to me that if you make a bit of effort with the owners and go over to India to see them and get your feet under the table they'll back you to the hilt.

Mowbray has done the same and he's been very well backed imo. The money he's wasted has been obscene yet he never seems to be under any pressure for it or asked to sell any players to compensate. (So far)

Indeed.  In fact can anyone name a target we have gone after with any conviction the the owners have said no.  Seems the limits are set by Tomo and Waggot often seeming like an excuse only.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

I think he's decent going forward but atrocious defensively 

He's a league 1 wide attacker imo. Maybe even a decent wing back at that level. Defensively one on one and position wise at this level he's very poor.

Not really the improved a jot but then again too much in and out of the team.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Interesting, I hadn't realised he didn't play much. He always looked like one of their best players to me. 

Gibbs-White is one of the stand out signings of the summer in this division. But overall they'll still be weaker. 

Yeah they will struggle to replace Brewster, even if he was only there for half a season. They have done some decent business, getting Guehi and Woodman back was crucial, Smith will give them some experience that they lack and Lowe will contribute with a few goals, assists and some pace, although I presume that they are still looking for a replacement for Brewster.

But I suppose quite a few teams will consider themselves to be weaker, ourselves certainly included. We are obviously unclear on Kaminski v Walton, not that the benchmark is high. But I would be pleasantly surprised if Mowbray manages to sign players of the required quality to compensate for the lack of Adarabioyo, Downing, Cunningham for a short period and Graham. Samuel, Smallwood, Hart and Leutwiler didnt warrant a replacement, all worthless.

16 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

1 assist in the 2018/19 season. Stellar stuff.

Exactly. It is a myth that he is a better attacking player than a defensive one, I have never seen anything to suggest that he has any use in an attacking sense.

Regarding Sarr, I suspect that he has become a better and better signing simply out of the ever growing desperation as the days tick on by and our defence remains at the same bomb scare that we started the summer with. Not convinced that he would have been a particularly good signing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Yeah they will struggle to replace Brewster, even if he was only there for half a season. They have done some decent business, getting Guehi and Woodman back was crucial, Smith will give them some experience that they lack and Lowe will contribute with a few goals, assists and some pace, although I presume that they are still looking for a replacement for Brewster.

But I suppose quite a few teams will consider themselves to be weaker, ourselves certainly included. We are obviously unclear on Kaminski v Walton, not that the benchmark is high. But I would be pleasantly surprised if Mowbray manages to sign players of the required quality to compensate for the lack of Adarabioyo, Downing, Cunningham for a short period and Graham. Samuel, Smallwood, Hart and Leutwiler didnt warrant a replacement, all worthless.

Exactly. It is a myth that he is a better attacking player than a defensive one, I have never seen anything to suggest that he has any use in an attacking sense.

Regarding Sarr, I suspect that he has become a better and better signing simply out of the ever growing desperation as the days tick on by and our defence remains at the same bomb scare that we started the summer with. Not convinced that he would have been a particularly good signing.

I wouldn't count Cunningham because he barely played for us, we're about par in the left back position. 

Central defence is definitely weaker, Tosin was fantastic. 

GK you have to think will be stronger.

Downing was class but I doubt he would be able to hit the same levels again this season at his age. You could argue that the return of Dack balances out the technical ability missed by Downing going. And Holtby and Evans missed big chunks of the season. 

The others we lost make no difference at all. Central defence and LB the big weak areas. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

What do you mean, so what if he develops into a top keeper? Many of us thought that was a given. Should we flog Nyambe, Lenham, Travis and Armstrong for 3 .million quid a piece as well? So what if they develop into top players!!

So to summarise, we sold our first choice keeper for a knockdown fee without sourcing a replacement first, under estimated the difficulty in getting a decent replacement and allegedly missed out on our targets, ended up with Brighton's fourth choice keeper on loan  who is quite possibly the worst professional goalie ever to don a pair of gloves and a little over 12 months later one of the six biggest Clubs in the Country is after our original keeper for 3x what we offloaded him for.

And you can't see a problem with that?

I know your role on here is to pop up every transfer window and praise everything that happens at the Club and try and get as many people onside as possible  but that's stretching it a bit even by your standards.

And your role, is unfortunately, to hang around permanently spreading turgid drivel about stuff you know very little about.

But as I said, we all see things differently hey? ?

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Bohinen 22 said:

It is absolutely ridiculous that we haven’t strengthened the defence over the summer. We are starting with 3 of the 4 who we got relegated with and 3 that started the first league one game. How is Mowbray, a centre half himself,  not able to make one decent defensive signing? It’s laughable. And his excuses and bullsh!t he spouts in interviews is boring. And Bayes is worse than useless with his questions. No hard questioning, he’s just a sycophant. Doesn’t want to lose his access.

They aren't reporters just commentators with the aim of just keeping everything middle of the road instead of asking real questions and questioning the answers.

Basically just fill your airtime and columns as quickly and easily as possible.

17 minutes ago, Bohinen 22 said:

It is absolutely ridiculous that we haven’t strengthened the defence over the summer. We are starting with 3 of the 4 who we got relegated with and 3 that started the first league one game. How is Mowbray, a centre half himself,  not able to make one decent defensive signing? It’s laughable. And his excuses and bullsh!t he spouts in interviews is boring. And Bayes is worse than useless with his questions. No hard questioning, he’s just a sycophant. Doesn’t want to lose his access.

he`s not interested in even trying for the play offs,it`s to much hassle for him,all tony wants is a comfy existance till he`s ready to call it a day,quite content to have us sitting in mid table,half his playing staff have got the same idea,if the miracle did happen and we  get promoted they`de all be looking for new clubs,it`s not in their interest is it,apart from dack,travis,lenihan and armstrong,the rest of them are devoid of any ambition,you can see it in their efforts on a match day,scared to get stuck in and battle

• Backroom
45 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

If they were trying for Kipre and Ayala then it would suggest that we have higher aspirations than Sarr.

Well let’s hope they get their man then as at the moment they are falling at the task!

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Bohinen 22 said:

The reality for local radio or press is that they need to keep good relations up with the club to maintain access - there can be questions and challenge but not at the emotional level of a fan.  It also means that some things are kept off air as it won't help the discussion.  If Mowbray wants to say something Radio Lancashire and the LT give him a platform, if he won't then there isn't much they can do.

The nationals don't have the same problem but unfortunately they don't take much notice of clubs outside of the Premier and, ironically, they have the same issues of access when it comes to the top flight clubs.

It was always thus, if Andy Bayes was blocked from Ewood it would be bad for his job but also fur us as we would get even less information.

If you don't like it just reach for the switch.

But - the failure to strengthen the defence is the real issue, not the reporting.  I doubt if anyone would give a proverbial if we'd added a solid LB and CH ..............

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he`s not interested in even trying for the play offs,it`s to much hassle for him,all tony wants is a comfy existance till he`s ready to call it a day,quite content to have us sitting in mid table,half his playing staff have got the same idea,if the miracle did happen and we  get promoted they`de all be looking for new clubs,it`s not in their interest is it,apart from dack,travis,lenihan and armstrong,the rest of them are devoid of any ambition,you can see it in their efforts on a match day,scared to get stuck in and battle

You can't really believe that Mowbray doesn't want to get promoted?

Why on earth would he not want another promotion on his CV.Not to mention the new contract and healthy pay increase he would likely receive?Even if he got the sack after he would have a much better pay off and also have a better chance of being in contention for jobs that became available in the championship.

I'm not his biggest fan and want signings as much as the next man,he is working to a budget and wage cap, I believe we were close with Kipre and even closer with Ayala as I believe Sharpe when he said deal very close but clubs came in and offered them better deals.

At least they seem to be trying to bring in a high calibre player for this level.Some are bemoaning that we didn't sign Naby Sarr he just got relegated and although I think he is ok no way do I think a Naby Sarr or a player of similar calibre will take us up a level.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, islander200 said:

You can't really believe that Mowbray doesn't want to get promoted?

Why on earth would he not want another promotion on his CV.Not to mention the new contract and healthy pay increase he would likely receive?Even if he got the sack after he would have a much better pay off and also have a better chance of being in contention for jobs that became available in the championship.

I'm not his biggest fan and want signings as much as the next man,he is working to a budget and wage cap, I believe we were close with Kipre and even closer with Ayala as I believe Sharpe when he said deal very close but clubs came in and offered them better deals.

At least they seem to be trying to bring in a high calibre player for this level.Some are bemoaning that we didn't sign Naby Sarr he just got relegated and although I think he is ok no way do I think a Naby Sarr or a player of similar calibre will take us up a level.

We were/are supposedly looking to bring in 2 centre backs - as it looked like Williams was off and Mulgrew out the picture.

Sarr would have been a good choice as  back up CB - (not the main option).