BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

2 minutes ago, unsall said:

You’ve got to realise all fans are different, you started off watching in 1970 and we lost the game and you said it should have put you off, why, some we win some we lose, but if you’re following a team from your home town probably following after your father and grandfather you support them through thick and thin.

Clubs have different owners, managers and players but it’s the club we support, regardless of success and failure.

Thought we had some great times when Souness was in charge winning promotion, Worthington cup, before he went off the boil, and also enjoyed Hughes time at Rovers.

You’ve got to see other fans points of view like me Chaddy and Paul Mani etc, we just don’t moan constantly and realise we haven’t pots of money these days to chuck at new players, and have to do it prudently and hope uncover some gems.

To say we are Rovers plants, or Rovers PR team is pathetic, we are passionate fans who criticise when we have to but can also see the big picture.

You say because we’ve had two billionaires the last 20 years everything should be ok, firstly JW was never a billionaire, but was very wealthy and put his money where his mouth was, Venkys no one knows how much they have, who threw money at us but we’re clueless mainly due to the crap advice from a certain agent.

The problem now is we are reliant on them, and  if they pulled the plug we would be goosed.

I know you and others hate it when someone mentions Bury/ Bolton/ Wigan but I would be devastated if we were going through what Wigan are going through. Can you imagine this forum, lost 10 players from their last match no owners, sold training ground etc, now that’s what I call a crisis,

Dont worry,if the club needs criticism you have to, but not constantly. I thought Waggott interview was very honest and think his only criticism was not opening JW upper tier (not my stand) also think he will change his mind on that one.

So at the end of the day, think we are all fans, but should respect different views, don’t want to mention the P or N word as boss man will ban me again, let’s say some are more optimistic than others.

I'd say a fair number of the supporters have a negative attitude towards the club after the last 10 years (I'll admit I'm one)  My mate takes a -

'nowt we can do just enjoy having a club'

approach which I can't fathom.  We've both followed the club since kids for knocking on 40 yes now.  Neither of us is less of a fan, the whole thing is subjective and makes for an interesting natter after a pint or two.

Ultimately,  Venkys will be judged when they finally do walk away.  If they take all the debt with them, then fair play. 

What I think we can all agree on is that the club needs to exceed our expectations at something - and quick. Something that we can all get behind and offers encouragement.

That could be through ambitious signings we don't expect, over achieving in the league, or even the long fabled Riverside development. 

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I regularly and openly disagree with Mowbrays decisions on here and have stated that I felt it was a time for Managerial change on two separate occasions.

I start every factual point about Venkys with “they’ve been absolutely terrible but...”

Ive actually been a pretty regular poster for 12 months outside of the transfer windows but Hey, don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story...?

I have supported Rovers since I was 10. My then football manager took me to Ewood in 1991 for the first time and I fell in love with the place.

As for perspective on owning / running businesses on a shoe string and with large budgets, I have done this at six, seven and eight figure turnovers and continue to do so. I do not believe that financial modelling from 30+ years ago holds much weight in today’s financial climate.

The ‘plant’ notion is ridiculous. Because this minuscule community has absolutely no effect on Venkys or the club. We’re just not that important mate, suck it up. So why would anyone pay me to disagree with all the miserable sods on here? It makes no sense! ??

The fact of the matter is that we all have a different view on the same issues in here. I accept that, you can’t and look for ‘other’ reasons as to why anyone could see things differently to you.

No matter how bad it gets, I will never whine, whinge and moan. I’m not built that way. I focus on what I can see and more importantly what I can control and I deal with it all from a positive base. That’s me. Paul Mani, RTID 

The fact you say you will never ever whinge and moan no matter how bad things get indicates to me that in the final analysis you couldn't really care less what happens to the Club.

But hey ho. I'm sure no-one else wants to carry on reading you insulting my point of view and me being forced to respond or us two sniping at each other.

New season ahead, Let's see what the season brings and I rather suspect it won't be the the last time we disagree over the next 12 months.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, unsall said:

You’ve got to realise all fans are different, you started off watching in 1970 and we lost the game and you said it should have put you off, why, some we win some we lose, but if you’re following a team from your home town probably following after your father and grandfather you support them through thick and thin.

Clubs have different owners, managers and players but it’s the club we support, regardless of success and failure.

Thought we had some great times when Souness was in charge winning promotion, Worthington cup, before he went off the boil, and also enjoyed Hughes time at Rovers.

You’ve got to see other fans points of view like me Chaddy and Paul Mani etc, we just don’t moan constantly and realise we haven’t pots of money these days to chuck at new players, and have to do it prudently and hope uncover some gems.

To say we are Rovers plants, or Rovers PR team is pathetic, we are passionate fans who criticise when we have to but can also see the big picture.

You say because we’ve had two billionaires the last 20 years everything should be ok, firstly JW was never a billionaire, but was very wealthy and put his money where his mouth was, Venkys no one knows how much they have, who threw money at us but we’re clueless mainly due to the crap advice from a certain agent.

The problem now is we are reliant on them, and  if they pulled the plug we would be goosed.

I know you and others hate it when someone mentions Bury/ Bolton/ Wigan but I would be devastated if we were going through what Wigan are going through. Can you imagine this forum, lost 10 players from their last match no owners, sold training ground etc, now that’s what I call a crisis,

Dont worry,if the club needs criticism you have to, but not constantly. I thought Waggott interview was very honest and think his only criticism was not opening JW upper tier (not my stand) also think he will change his mind on that one.

So at the end of the day, think we are all fans, but should respect different views, don’t want to mention the P or N word as boss man will ban me again, let’s say some are more optimistic than others.

Thanks for the response, I didn't accuse you of being a plant, I respect the contributions of both yourself and unleaded who both seem to have some genuine insight as to what is going on at the Club but who again seem to have very differing opinions about the same situation.

As a minor aside I would say we have actually had pots of money" to chuck around in recent years but this manager in particular has largely wasted it  and I also appreciate the urgency of our financial situation and the unfortunate fact that we are completely at the mercy of our often unpredictable owners. To my mind that makes success on the pitch a far more pressing necessity than if we were debt free and arguably stagnating or worse.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

11 minutes ago, briansol said:

FFS!

I'm raising three girls, I come here for a break from drama. This thread never stays on topic and end up in a teenage drama queen sniping match. In the end it's going to end up an echo chamber wondering where all the people went. 

Let's hope we win today and get some players in!

Apologies. As the father of two girls who are now grown up I can sympathise with your pain!.

?

I do try usually not to drag a thread off topic. Hope you enjoy the result today.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, briansol said:

FFS!

I'm raising three girls, I come here for a break from drama. This thread never stays on topic and end up in a teenage drama queen sniping match. In the end it's going to end up an echo chamber wondering where all the people went. 

Let's hope we win today and get some players in!

more fool you ??

• Like 8

33 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

No matter how bad it gets, I will never whine, whinge and moan. I’m not built that way. I focus on what I can see and more importantly what I can control and I deal with it all from a positive base. That’s me. Paul Mani, RTID 

No but you do have a superior ITK attitude which gets up my nose.

48 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Pandemic + massively in debt

Who says we can't? The issue seems to be clubs in Saudi can offer far more.

Debt has got nothing to do with FFP rules.  It matters not re. Compliance if we are £1 in debt or £1 billion in debt.

As above the pandemic affects cash flow and ensures nobody will be able to comply with FFP.

Hasn't stopped everyone else doing business with greater lost income and wages.

All comes back home to roost either way.

Just now, JHRover said:

Debt has got nothing to do with FFP rules.  It matters not re. Compliance if we are £1 in debt or £1 billion in debt.

As above the pandemic affects cash flow and ensures nobody will be able to comply with FFP.

Hasn't stopped everyone else doing business with greater lost income and wages.

All comes back home to roost either way.

You ignored the point about revenue. There's been nobody in the ground for 6 months. 

Also, we have made bids and had them accepted, but the players went elsewhere because we couldn't match the wages. Not sure what your continued beef is unless you're still under the false impression we are a big financial hitter in the Championship and can compete with everyone?

• Like 1