BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

33 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The fact you say you will never ever whinge and moan no matter how bad things get indicates to me that in the final analysis you couldn't really care less what happens to the Club.

I think thats is very much over the top comment thats people who don't whinge and moan on here, couldn't really care less what happens to the club. 

We care what happens to the club all the time. 

If I problem I tend to deal with the situation. Like I was unhappy about new Shirts not been on sale so I sent an email to Lynsey Talbot at the club. 

4 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

You ignored the point about revenue. There's been nobody in the ground for 6 months. 

Also, we have made bids and had them accepted, but the players went elsewhere because we couldn't match the wages. Not sure what your continued beef is unless you're still under the false impression we are a big financial hitter in the Championship and can compete with everyone?

Have other clubs been receiving revenue which helps them comply?

I suppose many have because they've been selling season tickets, but other than that no.

My beef is I'd like a signing or two and quickly and I'm sick of the excuse playbook coming out to justify our repeated failures in the market.

Nowt to do with Covid, FFP, third parties or the weather. Responsibility lies at home.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

It seems you are ignoring the fact that since last season we have shaved circa £100,000 PER WEEK off the wage bill.

Danny Graham, Stewart Downing, Christian Walton, Sam Hart, Richie Smallwood, Dominic Samuel and Tosin Adarabioyo combined will together have been on huge money.

is that fact we shaved 100k of the wage bill? 

We were told we were FFP compliant the last 2 years. 

So why are we still in trouble having made massive savings?.

Well look at the income streams of the club and the amount we spend on players' wages and fees over the last 4 years there is massive deficient there which the owners have to fill. 

Why does the above prevent us signing a CB and LB on £10,000 a week each?

I guarantee Sarr wasn't on that much at Charlton and likely won't be at Huddersfield. Same for Bauer at Preston 

well if we were close to signing Daniel Ayala or Kipre then wages we offered weren't the problem. PL Club signed Kipre and Ayala has gone to Middle East so will be more money than here.

Have we ever enter contract talks with Sarr? is he really that good? squad player at a team who was relegation in the end

42 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I can understand that. Does feel natural or normal not being to attend home or away games. It's still strange now

I agree Chaddy. Though I can't go up there for a game, I am a season ticket holder at Coventry Rugby, and going into the city centre will feel strange. With the football, I am also not that bothered about it starting as I feel it'll be more of the same. A few good results to make you hope, then 2 months of rubbish results.

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well look at the income streams of the club and the amount we spend on players' wages and fees over the last 4 years there is massive deficient there which the owners have to fill. 

well if we were close to signing Daniel Ayala or Kipre then wages we offered weren't the problem. PL Club signed Kipre and Ayala has gone to Middle East so will be more money than here.

Have we ever enter contract talks with Sarr? is he really that good? squad player at a team who was relegation in the end

How much per week do you think those players were on?

On the basis Downing, Tosin and Graham were three of the biggest earners they were likely on £50k per week between them.

I'm still not sure what income streams has to do with what I am saying. Have other clubs making signings with bigger overheads than us had income? Why are we special?

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't know much about Sarr but the fact that he played for a relegated team doesn't mean he's a bad player. When we were relegated in 1966 we had the best centre half in Europe, possibly the best centre half in the World, playing for us.

• Like 2

Its got nothing to do with FFP.

It seems you are ignoring the fact that since last season we have shaved circa £100,000 PER WEEK off the wage bill.

Danny Graham, Stewart Downing, Christian Walton, Sam Hart, Richie Smallwood, Dominic Samuel and Tosin Adarabioyo combined will together have been on huge money. They are all gone. The only money added to the payroll has been Kaminski. I would hazard a guess that a Belgian goalkeeper won't be putting much on the wage bill. Even at £10 grand per week there is still a big saving being made.

I guarantee Sarr wasn't on that much at Charlton and likely won't be at Huddersfield. Same for Bauer at Preston 

FFP just the latest excuse. It won't even be applied this year due to Covid.

Are we seriously going to go into a 46 game Championship season and risk relegation whilst sticking to rules that can't be enforced?

Venkys want to make cutbacks. That's up to them but responsibility lies upstairs at the club or with Mowbray for being inept in the transfer market and the club operating like a Sunday pub league side with the manager and a couple of his mates running everything.

Another window goes by with no defensive signings. I'd have hoped the penny would have dropped by now. We just don't do defensive signings here. 

You seem to be ignoring the fact since March the club has feck all income.

Wether you like it or not Ffp is a thing or did you miss us being under an embargo ?

You also said yourself we were close with Ayala,you seem to want anybody in no matter the quality.

And as for defensive signings they have been made not in Mowbray's tenure granted but HE chose to spend his competitive budget on Gallagher and Brereton.Keep peddling your fairytales IL stick to the fact the manager has had more than enough money to sort the defence out but chose to spend the money elsewhere.Answer me this if Venkys don't sign off defensive deals then why did they agree to pay a 1 million loan fee and wages for Tosin for a year

We are trying to sign players would it make you happy to bring in a sub standard player just to get a body in?Nothing is stopping us paying 10k a week for a player or are you now saying we were never close with Ayala?

And another thing that you seem to have missed we are in the middle of a global pandemic do you really expect or want us to be throwing cash about when people's jobs are at risk.You want cash signings to replace the likes of Smallwood and Hart...deluded

Edited by islander200
  • Like 2

Its got nothing to do with FFP.

Danny Graham, Stewart Downing, Christian Walton, Sam Hart, Richie Smallwood, Dominic Samuel and Tosin Adarabioyo combined will together have been on huge money. They are all gone. The only money added to the payroll has been Kaminski. I would hazard a guess that a Belgian goalkeeper won't be putting much on the wage bill. Even at £10 grand per week there is still a big saving being made.

FFP just the latest excuse. It won't even be applied this year due to Covid.

Are we seriously going to go into a 46 game Championship season and risk relegation whilst sticking to rules that can't be enforced?

Venkys want to make cutbacks. That's up to them but responsibility lies upstairs at the club or with Mowbray for being inept in the transfer market and the club operating like a Sunday pub league side with the manager and a couple of his mates running everything.

Another window goes by with no defensive signings. I'd have hoped the penny would have dropped by now. We just don't do defensive signings here. 

The two c/backs we were allegedly signing were probably offered 10 k a week, but when a premier club and a Saudi club come in and blow us out the water, how is it Rovers fault? We just have to move on to another, word is he didn’t fancy Sarr, so why should he sign him.

I will make my mind up after the window shuts, yes I know we will have played a few games by then, but like the club have said on numerous occasions we haven’t tons of cash to spend, but will have to bide our time and hopefully get the right ones in.

• Like 4

Just now, islander200 said:

You seem to be ignoring the fact since March the club has feck all income.

Wether you like it or not Ffp is a thing or did you miss us being under an embargo ?

You also said yourself we were close with Ayala,you seem to want anybody in no matter the quality.

And as for defensive signings they have been made not in Mowbray's tenure granted but HE chose to spend his competitive budget on Gallagher and Brereton.Keep peddling your fairytales IL stick to the fact the manager has had more than enough money to sort the defence out but chose to spend the money elsewhere.Answer me this if Venkys don't sign off defensive deals then why did they agree to pay a 1 million loan fee and wages for Tosin for a year

No club has has income. That is why FFP will be scrapped.

Hasn't stopped clubs signing players.

As above, we have made substantial wage savings. 

I didn't say we were close to Ayala. I was told he was training with us and accepted an offer from the Middle East. Maybe we offered him a deal, maybe we didn't, but always unlikely given what he was on at Middlesbrough.

Venkys like 'leasing' players. They don't like permanent signings. Who knows what logic they have.

27 minutes ago, JHRover said:

My beef is I'd like a signing or two and quickly and I'm sick of the excuse playbook coming out to justify our repeated failures in the market.

I'm sure the club would. But the point is, which you won't acknowledge, is that we can't compete on wages when clubs from Saudi/some Championship/Premiership clubs come calling. Bids have been accepted and players have gone elsewhere for better money. That's really all there is to it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, unsall said:

The two c/backs we were allegedly signing were probably offered 10 k a week, but when a premier club and a Saudi club come in and blow us out the water, how is it Rovers fault? We just have to move on to another, word is he didn’t fancy Sarr, so why should he sign him.

no problem with that, it happens. Just hope for all our sakes that we actually get them in. If the last few transfer windows are anything to go by I won't hold my breath 

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I said on a number of occasions, weeks ago, that, IMO, our budget was to realise / save £15 to £20million in transfer dealings / wages.

I've seen nor heard anything which makes me think otherwise.

All we await is a couple of 'big' departures and my money is on Armstrong being first out the door.

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I'm sure the club would. But the point is, which you won't acknowledge, is that we can't compete on wages when clubs from Saudi/some Championship/Premiership clubs come calling. Bids have been accepted and players have gone elsewhere for better money. That's really all there is to it.

doesn't actually matter. All that matters is we haven't got business done or new players in the building.

Whatever the reason for it. The outcome is the same.

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

I didn't say we were close to Ayala. I was told he was training with us and accepted an offer from the Middle East. Maybe we offered him a deal, maybe we didn't, but always unlikely given what he was on at Middlesbrough.

Venkys like 'leasing' players. They don't like permanent signings. Who knows what logic they have.

IL take rich Sharpe's word over yours that we did make offers and Ayala was pencilled in for medical.

This squad will not get relegated only way of becoming promotion contenders is buying quality that will go into the first 11 not just any old player just so we can say we have someone in.Sarr got relegated last season

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

doesn't actually matter. All that matters is we haven't got business done or new players in the building.

Whatever the reason for it. The outcome is the same.

It does matter because your whole beef this summer is that we should be able to compete with everyone in the league financially. We clearly can't yet you don't acknowledge it. I'm glad you finally have.

See the source image

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

How much per week do you think those players were on?

On the basis Downing, Tosin and Graham were three of the biggest earners they were likely on £50k per week between them.

Well that's why I asking you as you are the stated we shaved 100k off the wage bill? So is that fact? 

I know Rovers were paying 10k of Adarabioyo's wages. 

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'm still not sure what income streams has to do with what I am saying. Have other clubs making signings with bigger overheads than us had income? Why are we special?

Well of course income streams matter. More income then more you can spend and become less reliant on owners money unless they willing to. 

Yes other clubs have make signings.

We had Ayala in building and having a medical then he goes to Middle East. Is that Rovers fault cos he gone for there for his own reasons? 

We was in Mawson but we couldnt afford all of wages but Bristol City could. 

We was in Kipre and WBA offered him a chance of PL and he jump at it. 

Would you rather stick to wage structure or start over paying in wages and fees? Or over pay in terms of agents fees or transfer fees? 

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I didn't say we were close to Ayala. I was told he was training with us and accepted an offer from the Middle East. Maybe we offered him a deal, maybe we didn't, 

He was in for medical supposedly so terms was agreed. 

Has FFP been scrapped so far? I think Rick Parry wants to bring in a wage cap for all Championship clubs? Are you in favour of that?

9 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

It does matter because your whole beef this summer is that we should be able to compete with everyone in the league financially. We clearly can't yet you don't acknowledge it. I'm glad you finally have.

See the source image

And I think your point was that we couldn't compete with most teams in the Championship, which was proven to be incorrect as we are mid range on wages and can blow bottom end clubs like Preston away.

I'm not bothered how much we spend.

Sadly this summer has so far gone exactly as expected and whilst rivals strengthen or stand still we now have a smaller and weaker squad than that we finished with.

Why is that the case?

We've had every excuse and reason known to man.

As I say, it matters not because the season is here, points are to be won and lost and we haven't done what we needed to.

No bonus points for trying and failing or for other clubs snatching players from us.

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well that's why I asking you as you are the stated we shaved 100k off the wage bill? So is that fact? 

I know Rovers were paying 10k of Adarabioyo's wages. 

Well of course income streams matter. More income then more you can spend and become less reliant on owners money unless they willing to. 

Yes other clubs have make signings.

We had Ayala in building and having a medical then he goes to Middle East. Is that Rovers fault cos he gone for there for his own reasons? 

We was in Mawson but we couldnt afford all of wages but Bristol City could. 

We was in Kipre and WBA offered him a chance of PL and he jump at it. 

Would you rather stick to wage structure or start over paying in wages and fees? Or over pay in terms of agents fees or transfer fees? 

Why were we 'in' for Mawson if we couldn't afford his wages? Isnt that just a waste of time?

If you are correct with Tosin on £10k then we can add £15k each for Graham and Downing, £10k each for Samuel, Smallwood and Walton, and £5k for Hart. So that's £75k per week on a conservative estimate. Also Leutwiler and Cunningham from January. You ain't far off it.

Some clubs and people want to talk about what we tried to do but failed to do. Others just go out and get deals done.

For us it seems to take weeks to even get a loan deal over the line.

Our recruitment isn't quick enough and ultimately it will prevent us being successful.

This season a glorious opportunity for promotion. Now we start the season with the same old problems.

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Don't worry when we are in the mid stages of these 7 or 8 games without a win runs it's remarkable how these with only rose tinted glasses alter their views.

Until we win the ninth game. “Were r all u haters now ???” (sic)

1 hour ago, briansol said:

Let's hope we win today and get some players in!

It’s the hope that kills you!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don't know much about Sarr but the fact that he played for a relegated team doesn't mean he's a bad player. When we were relegated in 1966 we had the best centre half in Europe, possibly the best centre half in the World, playing for us.

Mike England, you’re spot on there, but in your own words you don’t know much about Sarr, same as me, you would think if they were going for the calibre of the first two, they obviously didn’t fancy Sarr, otherwise they would have, who must be cheaper than the others.

Just now, JHRover said:

Why were we 'in' for Mawson if we couldn't afford his wages? Isnt that just a waste of time?

Well if Fulham was happy with us playing 60 or 70% of wages but then Bristol City came in and offered to pay in full then Fulham will cancelled our deal and push the player to go there. 

Just now, JHRover said:

Our recruitment isn't quick enough and ultimately it will prevent us being successful.

This season a glorious opportunity for promotion. Now we start the season with the same old problems

You speak like it's so easy to bring players. 

We have players in for medicals then gone elsewhere for different reasons so is that Rovers fault? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well if Fulham was happy with us playing 60 or 70% of wages but then Bristol City came in and offered to pay in full then Fulham will cancelled our deal and push the player to go there. 

You speak like it's so easy to bring players. 

We have players in for medicals then gone elsewhere for different reasons so is that Rovers fault? 

Yes