BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well if Fulham was happy with us playing 60 or 70% of wages but then Bristol City came in and offered to pay in full then Fulham will cancelled our deal and push the player to go there. 

You speak like it's so easy to bring players. 

We have players in for medicals then gone elsewhere for different reasons so is that Rovers fault? 

A few weeks ago you were saying that we had a budget for this summer of around £5 Million, now you are saying that we couldn't afford to pay Alfie Mawson's wages in full. You U-turn as much as your mate Boris. 

5 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Yes, perish the thought that supporters would concentrate on what happens on the pitch rather than the musings of the CEO.

I know the CEO comment isn't aimed at myself.

But it's been 52 days since we finished 11th. With a solitary signing since. Im not exactly chomping at the bit for the season to start. 

Edited by Traviscon
Autocorrect

12 minutes ago, Traviscon said:

It's a bit difficult to look at today with optimism when we are well aware how short we are in certain areas. 

Realistically it's a squad either equal or worse off than last seasons, which finished 11th. Hardly sets the pulse racing does it? 

The squad maybe worse off, but the first team is better off. In my opinion.

36 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well I've seen him play. No special and not someone who I think is any better than Wharton or Williams 

Possibly not. We know what we're getting with Williams at centre half, he's half decent most of the time, especially if you want to hang around in mid table. Presumably Swansea have had look at Sarr and Williams and apparently they prefer Williams. I'm hoping Wharton will come good, I think I've seen a footballer there. Certainly if I was scouting I'd be back for another look at him.

7 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

A few weeks ago you were saying that we had a budget for this summer of around £5 Million, now you are saying that we couldn't afford to pay Alfie Mawson's wages in full. You U-turn as much as your mate Boris. 

Where has Mawsons name been mentioned apart from on here. Not seen a single link otherwise

24 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I note this morning that having failed miserably in the transfer market Waggott is claiming in the LT "stability could be our key asset".

You've got to give the bloke 10/10 for having a brass neck I'll give him that.

He could be a poster on here!

We’ve lost a huge chunk of our first team: Graham (38 games), Adarabioyo (34), Downing (41) and Samuel (15)... and our only goalkeeper for all 46 games last season.

But, yeah, stability...

If he’s talking about the off-field infrastructure then he really means stagnation. The current state of Ewood Park is a metaphor for the lot of them!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

A few weeks ago you were saying that we had a budget for this summer of around £5 Million, now you are saying that we couldn't afford to pay Alfie Mawson's wages in full. 

I would suggest you look back and quote me accurate which you havent. I gave a basic assessment and didnt say we have a 5 million budget. ?

Club has said we had a wage cap in place and wont go above that. 

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

How much per week do you think those players were on?

On the basis Downing, Tosin and Graham were three of the biggest earners they were likely on £50k per week between them.

I'm still not sure what income streams has to do with what I am saying. Have other clubs making signings with bigger overheads than us had income? Why are we special?

Name me a club in this division who's business you are envious of?

The club's who have made decent signings are the one's who have sold players to find them Notts forest, Norwich, Brentford, Birmingham have all sold players for significant fees.We have sold 1 player in 3 years

I'm sure we would have one or two more through the door if we were targetting players of lower calibre.I would rather the right player in even if it takes till the end of the window rather than a sign a sub standard player who we will most likely want to replace in 12 month time

• Like 4

If you are paying several good players 15 - 25k pwk, some average on c10k pwk and have quite a few good young players on less than 10k making up your annual football wage bill does that automatically mean you should be worse than other clubs who may be paying a load of bang average players 10 grand per week but have a bigger overal wage bill because their squad is bigger ????

No of course not the wage bill thing outside of the huge payers and those on real peanuts can be misleading. You don't base all your aspirations on that clubs jumble up the natural pecking order all the time. Seems it's replacing FFP now as the go to excuse for going nowhere.

I'll repeat for the umpteenth time how many clubs outside huge turnover clubs in this division could afford to pay Graham, Mulgrew, Evans, Dack, Holtby, Johnson. Or recruit Tosin and Downing ?  The wages we pay half the team isn't a natural reflection of it being 16th in the league.

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would suggest you look back and quote me accurate which you havent. I gave a basic assessment and didnt say we have a 5 million budget. ?

Didn't you? ?

On 21/08/2020 at 19:19, chaddyrovers said:

I said we have 5 millions pounds football budget on players fees and wages. 

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I note this morning that having failed miserably in the transfer market Waggott is claiming in the LT "stability could be our key asset".

You've got to give the bloke 10/10 for having a brass neck I'll give him that.

He's definitely missing his way at Rovers. A job in Parliament must surely be his next move.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Those odds are ridiculous. Barnsley stayed up on a technicality ffs!

Yes, and we have weakened whilst they have recruited smartly for 2-3 years in a balanced manner, not neglecting positions.

Without rose tinted spectacles the bookies apply logic. I'd say 15th is probably the height of our ambitions this season as it stands. Didn't have to be this way.

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Waggot talked about him in one of the interviews I seem either lancs live or telegraph

Yes he did mention him in the interview when talking about our wage cap. He made a comment in line about Bristol City must have stretched their wages to get him. Not sure if we ever looked at him or whether it was a general observation.

38 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

how?

Hi Chaddy. If we miss out on players who have been identified and then negotiated with, once, twice maybe, then that can be called unfortunate.  However, when it goes on time after time over a long period of time, then there is something extremely wrong.  That could be down to poor negotiations, it could be down to not selling the club to the said individuals, whatever, it strikes me as just poor management, nothing more nothing less.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Yes, and we have weakened whilst they have recruited smartly for 2-3 years in a balanced manner, not neglecting positions.

Without rose tinted spectacles the bookies apply logic. I'd say 15th is probably the height of our ambitions this season as it stands. Didn't have to be this way.

Selling one of their better players in Brown to Stoke and Mawson rumoured to be on the move also.

You never mention the sales these clubs make to fund their transfer business do you?

Should we sell Armstrong so we can bring in a few players?Would that make you happy 

• Like 2

On 21/08/2020 at 18:37, chaddyrovers said:

1.3 budget left from January, plus wages off the wage bill from Downing, Graham, Samuel, Smallwood, Leutwiler, Hart plus loans from Walton and Adarabioyo. Which I reckon is around 3 million(60k a week)off the budget IMO So there is 4 to 5 million budget. 

I hope you’re right ;) 

Just now, islander200 said:

Selling one of their better players in Brown to Stoke and Mawson rumoured to be on the move also.

You never mention the sales these clubs make to fund their transfer business do you?

Should we sell Armstrong so we can bring in a few players?Would that make you happy 

Just shows how lucky Mowbray is he gets funds to strengthen his squad every summer and is seemingly under no pressure to sell his key assets. There's not many manager in the Championship who would be fortunate enough to say that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, briansol said:

Yes he did mention him in the interview when talking about our wage cap. He made a comment in line about Bristol City must have stretched their wages to get him. Not sure if we ever looked at him or whether it was a general observation.

?OK, stand corrected but like you say, doesn't mean we were ever interested