BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

18 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

As another poster said the Raya deal could well turn out to be the worst bit of business we've ever done.

Regarding sell ons in general, didn't Philipl allege at one point Shelfy sold off all our sell on clauses to get some cash in.

Had Shelfy gone by the time King was sold, or was that simply not the case?

Not sure about King but Raya post dates cashing the sell on clauses.

Agreed 10% is disgracefully low on Raya.

Let's see if we have a keeper in Keminsky but Raya was a dreadful misjudgement by Mowbray. 

5 minutes ago, philipl said:

Let's see if we have a keeper in Keminsky but Raya was a dreadful misjudgement by Mowbray. 

Rubbish.  Nobody would have guessed Rays would be off to Arsenal would they?  He was shit for us, mistake after mistake.....and i say he still is, Arsenal should stay well clear if they want top 4.

Basically you are having a go at Mowbray because Raya is Spanish. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Rubbish.  Nobody would have guessed Rays would be off to Arsenal would they?  He was shit for us, mistake after mistake.....and i say he still is, Arsenal should stay well clear if they want top 4.

Basically you are having a go at Mowbray because Raya is Spanish. 

Let's agree to disagree.

Last sentence is nuts though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RovingRover said:

I get that Gallagher and Dack are still due to come back to complement our numbers. But we literally don't have a striker on the bench today.

Neither could complete pre-season. Surely it makes sense to loan a striker?1336735648_Screenshot_20200912-143752_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.d04cb03b466506b20ab70d06545abfc8.jpg

Dolan used last pre season game, I wondered if he would be thrown on in later stages to catch out defenders incase Arma tires 

4 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

I get that Gallagher and Dack are still due to come back to complement our numbers. But we literally don't have a striker on the bench today.

Neither could complete pre-season. Surely it makes sense to loan a striker?1336735648_Screenshot_20200912-143752_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.d04cb03b466506b20ab70d06545abfc8.jpg

No we definitely do not have a striker on the bench

22 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Did you say that when he was chucking them in season before last? 

I certainly was. Not that he was 'chucking them in' anyway. I and plenty of others have rated Raya and thought it was a terrible deal, you didn't, now he is probably on his way to the Prem for over 3 times as much but somehow you were right anyway? 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He dropped a bollock or two but he also pulled off some saves the like of which we haven't seen since Freidel was here. It was obvious to most people who hadn't got a downer on him that once he got a bit more experience he would turn out to be a Prem standard keeper.

I look forward to seeing your quotes to that effect from 2018.  ?

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Depends on who to, how much for and how much was reinvested.

If selling Armstrong to a Premier League club for a good fee saw us spread the proceeds properly around 4-5 positions and we invested in permanent signings then I'd accept that as part of life and potentially worthwhile.

That doesn't happen here though. We sell assets and sign loans as replacements. So no. Look what happened with Raya.

We have only sold one asset in Mowbray's time here.And we have spent quite a bit in that time.

I'm not referring to when Kentaro were involved.

Gary Bowyer brought in quite a few players.And then we had a transfer embargo to deal with altho I presume you don't believed that happened as clubs don't get punished for not sticking to ffp limits in your mind 

Last summer we spent 5 million on Gallagher and sums on Holtby, Johnson, Downing and Tosin.So the Raya money wasnt used?

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Did you say that when he was chucking them in season before last? 

You mean after he broke how many bones in his face? Was then made the scapepgoat for our defensive performances rather than the same backiline we have had since the wheel was invented? Defenders were coming....than hounded out publicly by TM.

I said all along he would be a PL keeper, was not expecting it so quickly after selling him for 1/3 of what they are gonna get for him though!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

You mean after he broke how many bones in his face? Was then made the scapepgoat for our defensive performances rather than the same backiline we have had since the wheel was invented? Defenders were coming....than hounded out publicly by TM.

I said all along he would be a PL keeper, was not expecting it so quickly after selling him for 1/3 of what they are gonna get for him though!

Fair enough mate. ?

• Like 1