BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Part of me wish relieved we lost today because at least it will serve as a kick up the backside to Mowbray, Waggott and the owners to stop faffing about in the transfer market.

We couldn't see the window close with no defensive signings which I think would have been a real possibility.

We need a LB and 2 CB's sharpish. It's as simple as that.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, 4000Holes said:

We need a left back and a central defender urgently.  Yes we will score this season but we will concede.  If nothing is done, I can see us shipping 60+ goals.

Tony, it is time for defenders to come!

We need a left back and a central midfielder.  We already have a centre half of the bench while Del carries on being poor

Mowbray has to go, inept management not addressing our main problem for.3 years.

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Part of me wish relieved we lost today because at least it will serve as a kick up the backside to Mowbray, Waggott and the owners to stop faffing about in the transfer market.

We couldn't see the window close with no defensive signings which I think would have been a real possibility.

Cannot fathom that at all. It isnt going to serve as a kick up the arse and I just dont get how you could watch a game with the raw feeling of disapointment and think that, totally impossible for me to empathise with it.

The team were let down today by the lack of transfer activity to date. I said to my partner at the end of the game that if we'd recruited a LB and CB, we win that game. 

I actually don't care what Mowbray has to say after the game. He's let the supporters and the club down by not having us prepared for the start of the season. On the whole, the lads turned up today and played a decent pressing game. But with Bell and Williams in the starting 11, we will concede goals and that's been our undoing today. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He dropped a bollock or two but he also pulled off some saves the like of which we haven't seen since Freidel was here. It was obvious to most people who hadn't got a downer on him that once he got a bit more experience he would turn out to be a Prem standard keeper.

Too small, too poor in the air to ever be a good Premier League keeper.

He might play in the league, but lots of players not good enough to have done so. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

There arses must be black and blue with the amount of kicks they have had.

• Like 1

• Backroom

I feel like we need two left backs as I genuinely don't think Bell is good enough to be second choice let alone first. Bennett and Williams are poor there as well - and I believe Williams has specifically said to Mowbray he doesn't want to play LB for Rovers, although I suppose he'd have to if ordered. Either way LB is a black hole for us. We do need a smart CB to play beside Lenihan as well, but again we ideally need two as Lenihan is regularly suspended and injured. We have a similar issue at RB as Nyambe has proven to be injury prone in the past and Bennett is second choice and useless in that position.

TL;DR: The manager has let the entire defence devolve into a mess and we need more signings than is realistically possible under the current manager & owners to even return it to a decent level, let alone a good one. 

31 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

No, no, no, everyone else is very naughty for playing the game with agents and getting deals done.

We are going to teach them all a lesson by having a sh*t defence (again).

That'll show them!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DE. said:

The manager has let the entire defence devolve into a mess and we need more signings than is realistically possible under the current manager & owners to even return it to a decent level, let alone a good one. 

It's the same defense as it was when Mowbray came. He added Bell, who does not make things better. "He failed to fix the defense" is the same refrain everywhere he has been manager. Mowbray may get lucky, but I'm not holding my breath.

I know we need defenders but I thought the first 2 goals came from positional errors fron the midfield.

I thought Holtby was out of position for both. Johnson was stood next to the centre backs for the first. Travis at least closed the second one down at first but only got dragged out of position. 

Midfielders need to push out quicker

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I know we need defenders but I thought the first 2 goals came from positional errors fron the midfield.

I thought Holtby was out of position for both. Johnson was stood next to the centre backs for the first. Travis at least closed the second one down at first but only got dragged out of position. 

Midfielders need to push out quicker

Holtby was the only player who attempted to close down the first goal and I thought Travis had dropped in next to the centre halves there too? Might be mistaken though?