BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

I’ve been away from the board for a long while, I think a transfer window over frustrated me a few years back and I haven’t been back since!! 

who are the ITK’s these days? Do they know if we are actively talking to defensive options at the minute?? The frustration is real, I honestly think we are a couple defensive signings away from having a team that can compete for top 6.

its just a shame the people that matter don’t seem to have the same urgency/ambition! 

18 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

I’ve been away from the board for a long while, I think a transfer window over frustrated me a few years back and I haven’t been back since!! 

who are the ITK’s these days? Do they know if we are actively talking to defensive options at the minute?? The frustration is real, I honestly think we are a couple defensive signings away from having a team that can compete for top 6.

its just a shame the people that matter don’t seem to have the same urgency/ambition! 

No one knows owt. We don’t know what we are doing, who we are looking at, or if we even ARE looking.

So if you’re trying to avoid frustration - you may have just picked the wrong window to come back.

????????

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, LDRover said:

Holtby was the only player who attempted to close down the first goal and I thought Travis had dropped in next to the centre halves there too? Might be mistaken though?

Holtby does try to close him down eventually. He doesn't move into position quick enough once the ball has been played

People have their own views on Raya and his value. For me he was at times a calamity, others he was a saviour but those occasions were few and far between. To get £3m for him from a championship club was good business especially with a sell on clause. I do not recall any premiership clubs being in for him whilst at Rovers and in any case he didn’t showcase premiership qualities at Ewood.

He might have improved slightly at Brentford when playing in a footballing team but at times his goalkeeping was questionable, we saw it versus Rovers and we saw it in the play offs.

If he goes to arsenal fair play, he won’t ever be a number 1 for any long period of time, he will be a benchwarmer. 

If arsenal think he is worth £13m they are utterly daft, he is  not! So if he does move and we get a slice of the fee then £5-£6m for him represents good business for us In my view.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Arsenal have agreed to let Martinez join Villa they wouldn't have done that if they didn't have a keeper imminent themselves.Of course it might not be Raya but all speculation pointing to him 

34 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Holtby does try to close him down eventually. He doesn't move into position quick enough once the ball has been played

Think you need to watch it again. He's pressing the ball and as soon as it is squared sprints to close down from where the ball came from. There were 2 other centre mids in Johnson and Travis who were hiding in the back line and made no attempt at all to pressure the goalscorer.

Edit - Arma is 5 yards away from Stacey when he receives the ball and doesn't even move while Holtby makes 15 yards up having defended a short corner. I'd assume Arma got a bollocking for that.

Edited by LDRover
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

People have their own views on Raya and his value. For me he was at times a calamity, others he was a saviour but those occasions were few and far between. To get £3m for him from a championship club was good business especially with a sell on clause. I do not recall any premiership clubs being in for him whilst at Rovers and in any case he didn’t showcase premiership qualities at Ewood.

He might have improved slightly at Brentford when playing in a footballing team but at times his goalkeeping was questionable, we saw it versus Rovers and we saw it in the play offs.

If he goes to arsenal fair play, he won’t ever be a number 1 for any long period of time, he will be a benchwarmer. 

If arsenal think he is worth £13m they are utterly daft, he is  not! So if he does move and we get a slice of the fee then £5-£6m for him represents good business for us In my view.

All about opinions. I know what I saw and Raya is not a top keeper. He may become one but he isn’t. Arsenals decision to buy Raya isn’t because he’s blown anyone’s socks off it’s because of his relationship to the coach. Good luck to him. Fantastic move...but I feel the need to use terminology that is often mentioned on here.

Lets not re-write history on Raya. When we sold him, very few if any were too bothered. He was a very inconsistent performer.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

All about opinions. I know what I saw and Raya is not a top keeper. He may become one but he isn’t. Arsenals decision to buy Raya isn’t because he’s blown anyone’s socks off it’s because of his relationship to the coach. Good luck to him. Fantastic move...but I feel the need to use terminology that is often mentioned on here.

Lets not re-write history on Raya. When we sold him, very few if any were too bothered. He was a very inconsistent performer.

The people that weren’t bothered were either daft or resigned to justifying bitterness as means of acceptance. 

If Kaminski is as good as Raya then I’ll be more than happy.

We wouldn’t even be in the Championship without Spanish Dave.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 5

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

The people that weren’t bothered were either daft or resigned to justifying bitterness as means of acceptance. 

If Kaminski is as good as Raya then I’ll be more than happy.

We wouldn’t even be in the Championship without Spanish Dave.

All about opinions. I can’t remember many fans being too bothered. They’ll say they were bothered now like...because Arsenal are buying! ???

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I was and can back it up with posts from that time should I need to. Mind you, there's not many who can spot a player like I can to be fair ;0)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

All about opinions. I can’t remember many fans being too bothered. They’ll say they were bothered now like...because Arsenal are buying! ???

I was really bothered.

Had to put my “Raya No. 1” Spain shirt in the bin.

Everyone needs to remember that Kepa went to Chelsea for £70m. Really not too much between them at all imo.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bohinen 22 said:

That is Tony in a nutshell. And Jayson is on the bench for Fleetwood. Tony should be sacked for that decision. Ridiculous. 

Leutweiler played just 6 league games when Raya was at the club - almost all of them shortly after Raya had had his head kicked in. The idea TM preferred him to Raya is complete nonsense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S8 & Blue said:

No one knows owt. We don’t know what we are doing, who we are looking at, or if we even ARE looking.

So if you’re trying to avoid frustration - you may have just picked the wrong window to come back.

????????

It’s scary!! I’d go as far to say we are a Cunningham and a decent CB off challenging for the playoffs! 

Shame the men that matter don’t seem to have much urgency in this area!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

It’s scary!! I’d go as far to say we are a Cunningham and a decent CB off challenging for the playoffs! 

Shame the men that matter don’t seem to have much urgency in this area!

Agree with that, we’d be right up there.

Sort the defence. Get a Rhian Brewster type on loan, then cash in and replace Evans with a 40 game starter and we’d be absolutely pissing this league.

Controversial opinion - but the fact we’ve even got within the potential of that, with a youthful, energetic, academy invested approach to the squad...

Means Mowbray deserves a hell of a lot of credit.

I just wish he’d sign some proper fucking defenders for once.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Leutweiler played just 6 league games when Raya was at the club - almost all of them shortly after Raya had had his head kicked in. The idea TM preferred him to Raya is complete nonsense.

4 of them at the end of the season when he was dropped (following a win at Forest) for no apparent reason. 

So you're wrong.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

He had clearly lost confidence after his injury - it was a good management decision which would have been appreciated by Raya.

He was injured in October and missed one game before returning. If it took Mowbray 6 months to realise he'd 'lost confidence' (which is complete guesswork on your part) it reflects pretty badly on him.

The four games he was dropped for were the last time he wore a Rovers shirt , on the bench. Good management decision? Appreciated by Raya? Bollocks.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

You're literally rewriting history there. Plenty on here were bothered by the move at the time. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

Calm down everyone, these were the bookies' odds from last season; there's not a huge amount they got right there....

Barnsley get beat at home by Luton whist we were unlucky not to get anything away against a promotion hot tip that have with £40m players on the pitch, And apparently we are as likely to get promoted as them???

We are SO underrated and it is exactly what we need. Potentially the hardest game of the season out of the way.

Sort the defence this window and top 6 CAN happen.

SORT IT

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 2

Definitely need a centre back and a left back, no doubts but I actually think we need a better centre mid.

Neither Johnson nor Holtby seem to be able to defend particularly well, especially on the edge of our penalty area.

Bournemouths first goal, the bloke had so much time and space in the middle of the park and for the second there were Bournemouth players queuing up on the edge of the box, no midfield anywhere to be seen.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Definitely need a centre back and a left back, no doubts but I actually think we need a better centre mid.

Neither Johnson nor Holtby seem to be able to defend particularly well, especially on the edge of our penalty area.

Bournemouths first goal, the bloke had so much time and space in the middle of the park and for the second there were Bournemouth players queuing up on the edge of the box, no midfield anywhere to be seen.

Corry Evans does that job well, he’s better than Johnson without a doubt 

• Like 3