BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

5 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Definitely need a centre back and a left back, no doubts but I actually think we need a better centre mid.

Neither Johnson nor Holtby seem to be able to defend particularly well, especially on the edge of our penalty area.

Why give Travis a free pass here Davul? He is our all action enforcer yet was just as culpable, especially on the first goal.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Why give Travis a free pass here Davul? He is our all action enforcer yet was just as culpable, especially on the first goal.

He has looked a little off his usual pace since that little injury he got after lockdown. Suspect it'll be one of those little niggles we sometimes don't hear about until someone has been a bit cack for a couple months and we suddenly find out they've played through the pain with injections.

1 hour ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Leutweiler played just 6 league games when Raya was at the club - almost all of them shortly after Raya had had his head kicked in. The idea TM preferred him to Raya is complete nonsense.

The idea we had such a shite keeper not even good enough for real back up however isn't.

1 minute ago, LDRover said:

Its a fair point.

I think we would benefit a lot more in having an actual DM as one of the 3.

Trav wouldn't be one to get dropped though, the other 2 can't cover enough ground quick enough.

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

All about opinions. I can’t remember many fans being too bothered. They’ll say they were bothered now like...because Arsenal are buying! ???

To be fair tho he had massive potential we developed him sold him for 3 million and Brentford only had him one season and joining Arsenal for 13 million.I don't think anyone can say that is good business by us

• Like 6

3 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Completely gutted when he left cos he was one of our own that was obviously PL quality.

Massively shit decision to flog Raya.

David Dunn is one of our own. David Raya isn't, despite his amazing progression through our academy system into the first team. 

Too many mistakes, and of course all keepers have a catalogue of howlers. I can still see the Collymore / Flowers bobble ? 

If Raya does move to Arsenal for the money being talked about and we take a cut then it's an absolute result imo ?

10 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

All about opinions. I know what I saw and Raya is not a top keeper. He may become one but he isn’t. Arsenals decision to buy Raya isn’t because he’s blown anyone’s socks off it’s because of his relationship to the coach. Good luck to him. Fantastic move...but I feel the need to use terminology that is often mentioned on here.

Lets not re-write history on Raya. When we sold him, very few if any were too bothered. He was a very inconsistent performer.

On 06/09/2019 at 18:40, 47er said:

Well I'm on the record as opposing Raya's sale so that doesn't make happy reading. As I said at the time they'll get a fee for him that will dwarf the £3M we got

Edited by 47er

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/blackburn-rovers-transfers-european-scouting-18925895

'One name that was touted as a left-back candidate was former Hannover 96 defender Miiko Albornoz, but it's to our understanding that the 29-year-old salary demands are excessive, which has put off clubs in the 2. Bundesliga and Eredivisie'

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/blackburn-rovers-transfers-european-scouting-18925895

'One name that was touted as a left-back candidate was former Hannover 96 defender Miiko Albornoz, but it's to our understanding that the 29-year-old salary demands are excessive, which has put off clubs in the 2. Bundesliga and Eredivisie'

Good player. Poor character by the looks of it.

We have also made an offer for James Garner as well. As I have been saying for weeks now, we do need a defensive midfield reinforcement to close down the opposition.

Edited by RovingRover
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Have to disagree. Yes he made some mistakes but he’s a young and dynamic keeper. From the moment he was in the first team you could see he had the potential to be top class. Who knows what season we would’ve had last year with him in the sticks.

He makes some saves that he’s no right to make and he’s comfortable with the ball. With better coaching and more experience polishing up his decision making he’ll really be right up there.

Lad’s just 24 too. Could have the best part of a 15 year career in the top flight, starter or no.

Completely gutted when he left cos he was one of our own that was obviously PL quality.

Would be like selling Trav for £3-5m now.

Massively shit decision to flog Raya.

Totally agree.

Arteta has been a revelation at Arsenal and totally transformed them in just 9 months - no evolution and slow build with Arteta!!!

IMO, just underlines why the dinosaurian Mowbray (and his staff) needs replacing with a dynamic, hungry and inventive young manager.

I don't think we are going anywhere with Mowbray and the sooner the penny drops with our owners and the happy clappers then the better. 

• Like 6

Just now, 1864roverite said:

The decision to sell RAYA was made once he wanted to leave it’s as simple as that !

And at that point, any football oriented business person should have worked out what was the best way for the Rovers to profit from his likely departure, based on his obvious potential and likely trajectory into the Premier League. That simple calculation just doesn't appear to have been done, and instead a very basic and hurried 'deal' was cobbled together by people who were (and still are) clearly out of their depth at this level. We might as well have sold him on eBay....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

The decision to sell RAYA was made once he wanted to leave it’s as simple as that !

It is not as simple as that!

I think Mowbray hung him out to dry on a number of occasions and, additionally, I think Raya, unsurprisingly, had very little respect for Benson our goalie coach and that is based upon what I saw with my own eyes.

No wonder, IMO, Raya wanted out.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 6

I personally thought selling him was a big mistake (especially at that price), compounded when I saw a loanee coming in - popadom hands at that.

However, I was partially sated by the fact we’d, of course, have bolted on a substantial sell on fee with the sale. If it is as derisory as being made out, then Waggott is an even bigger fool than I already thought he was.

Edited by Mattyblue

5 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I disagree Raya was really not that good especially as some seem to think. That is my opinion of course. As good a shot stopper he was he still had many flaws. Top goal keepers go for big bucks Raya is not a top goalie yet

What the hell are you chatting? No one is saying Raya is some mega bucks world class keeper. But the facts are, he was worth far more than the 3 million we sold him for and he is far better than any keeper the club has had since

Edited by CambridgeRover
  • Like 2