BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

8 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Lenihan needs to be moved on with Williams. I think Lenihan could be the worst one out of the two 

If Lenihan was bought under the Coyle era then he would get just as much stick as Williams. I think he’s a better player than Derek but his mistakes seem to go a lot more unnoticed imo.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

What the hell are you chatting? No one is saying Raya is some mega bucks world class keeper. But the facts are, he was worth far more than the 3 million we sold him for and he is far better than any keeper the club has had since

He didn’t want to be here. Hindsight is great but I don’t think anyone would have expected Arsenal to come in for him after one season away. He was better than Walton and we probably should have got a slightly higher fee but not by much. £10m is a ridiculous price to pay for him.

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/blackburn-rovers-transfers-european-scouting-18925895

'One name that was touted as a left-back candidate was former Hannover 96 defender Miiko Albornoz, but it's to our understanding that the 29-year-old salary demands are excessive, which has put off clubs in the 2. Bundesliga and Eredivisie'

Looked into this lad about 70/80 pages back on the thread. Data and video analysis looks awesome, seems to be exactly what we’re after.

But as has been mentioned by a few posters, off the field issues make this a grey area deal. Wages could potentially be a snag but can see us having interest here. 

Ability wise he’s definitely an improvement on Amari’i Bell, five fold.

29 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

What the hell are you chatting? No one is saying Raya is some mega bucks world class keeper. But the facts are, he was worth far more than the 3 million we sold him for and he is far better than any keeper the club has had since

How do you work out he is worth more than £3m? Where is the evidence to back up your claim? In 50 yrs of watching Rovers I’ve seen the likes of Bradshaw, Jones, Gennoe, Flowers, Bunn, Filan and many more including Brad Friedel. Raya doesn’t come anywhere near them in terms of class. He was not worth over £3m last year. So if and when he does move on then the few Rovers will have received will be in excess of £5m which is very good value for a player who cost faff all. Is he any better than Walton? Stats might say they are in a par with each other it’s what’s in front of them that’s the issue

Edited by 1864roverite
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Swanson said:

20200913_103514.jpg

Lets hope this particular link bears fruit. Every club needs a strong core of players. We've been stalking him for a while. Hopefully we don't get pipped by another club. 

My only concern is that Pear drops the ball a lot. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

How do you work out he is worth more than £3m? Where is the evidence to back up your claim? In 50 yrs of watching Rovers I’ve seen the likes of Bradshaw, Jones, Gennoe, Flowers, Bunn, Filan and many more including Brad Friedel. Raya doesn’t come anywhere near them in terms of class. He was not worth over £3m last year. So if and when he does move on then the few Rovers will have received will be in excess of £5m which is very good value for a player who cost faff all. Is he any better than Walton? Stats might say they are in a par with each other it’s what’s in front of them that’s the issue

With the exception of Bradshaw , the other keepers were quite experienced , when they arrived here ...

Time will tell with Raya , doubt he will be as good Friedel, Flowers or Jones but the rest , let us wait and see ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

The decision to sell RAYA was made once he wanted to leave it’s as simple as that !

Once again. also after Mowbray publicly and regularly shamed him as being responsible for the problems of the whole defence.

He didn't public castigate anyone else as I recall.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

So we ignore the fact that Arsenal are apparently prepared to pay much more for him, console ourselves that we got a good deal and happily sit back as Brentford get more than us for doing less?

Moreover, this was eminently predictable but we went ahead anyway without having a permanent replacement!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 47er said:

So we ignore the fact that Arsenal are apparently prepared to pay much more for him, console ourselves that we got a good deal and happily sit back as Brentford get more than us for doing less?

Moreover, this was eminently predictable but we went ahead anyway without having a permanent replacement!

Your highlighted comment is the most pertinent of all in the Raya debate and kind of sums up Mowbrays sometimes ad hoc approach. Raya had mistakes in him for sure but to sign a replacement (who wasn't in the frame when Raya was sold) who was probably worse is poor on Mowbrays part.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, 47er said:

That’s the key point here. The fact that we didn’t have a keeper nailed down before we let him go was scandalous. Piss poor.

But no one is telling me that David Raya was / is a world beater. £3m was absolutely enough for him at the time. I’d have pushed for a higher sell on based on him being developed by us.

For what it’s worth, I’m going to stick my neck out and say that Kaminski is much more of what we need in terms of consistency. Raya will undoubtedly be number 2 long term at Arsenal and he’s perfectly placed to develop in that role. 

49 minutes ago, 47er said:

Once again. also after Mowbray publicly and regularly shamed him as being responsible for the problems of the whole defence.

He didn't public castigate anyone else as I recall.

You are wrong. Nyambe was criticised and dropped regularly in favour of Bennett. It  is why I suspect he'll run his contract down and walk.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

You are wrong. Nyambe was criticised and dropped regularly in favour of Bennett. It  is why I suspect he'll run his contract down and walk.

If he was dropped regularly, I'd be interested to know how he still managed to rack up thirty-odd starts whilst at the same time missing plenty of games through injury. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

Better than Walton ? My mum would be better than Walton and she'll be 90 in November. Did he ever make a save apart from the shots that actually hit him ?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

?? Tony at it again....old pals act. Contracts given out like confetti whilst the club goes to the dogs

Hedge your bets on any CB/LB signing having Boro links too. Ayala was almost over the line - wonder which North East figure they’ll target next after Pears.

41 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

OK--I forgot about that but its interesting that you expect the same outcome as with Raya. Suppose we can borrow a right-back from Div1!

56 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

That’s the key point here. The fact that we didn’t have a keeper nailed down before we let him go was scandalous. Piss poor.

But no one is telling me that David Raya was / is a world beater. £3m was absolutely enough for him at the time. I’d have pushed for a higher sell on based on him being developed by us.

For what it’s worth, I’m going to stick my neck out and say that Kaminski is much more of what we need in terms of consistency. Raya will undoubtedly be number 2 long term at Arsenal and he’s perfectly placed to develop in that role. 

But we've still lost a lot of money haven't we?

This will not go down well ! ...however, I’ve  just listened to Paul  Cook for 5 minutes on Sky ( before Ipswich / Wigan game )....deep breath.......I heard more football sense, more passion , more “ I know a player when  I see one “ , more talk of pride in playing for football club than I’ve  ever heard from Mowbray .

Just look at his signings over the past couple of seasons, what he paid for them how they performed and the money they would have gone for had it not been administration...no fault of his 

I know this will be a dreadful post to many but.....he’s available and Mowbray’s here.....you do the thinking on that one 

Edited by Dolly blue
  • Like 8

Just now, Dolly blue said:

This will not go down well ! ...however, I’ve  just listened to Paul  Cook for 5 minutes on Sky ( before Ipswich / Wigan game )....deep breath.......I heard more football sense, more passion , more “ I know a player when  I see one “ , more talk of pride in playing for football club than I’ve  ever heard from Mowbray .

I know this will be a dreadful post to many but.....he’s available and Mowbray’s here.....you do the thinking on that one 

What manager is gonna wanna work under venkys? Come on seriously!! They sack Mowbray and we’ll end up with a nobody and a yes man. 

• Like 1