BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

2 minutes ago, Dolly blue said:

This will not go down well ! ...however, I’ve  just listened to Paul  Cook for 5 minutes on Sky ( before Ipswich / Wigan game )....deep breath.......I heard more football sense, more passion , more “ I know a player when  I see one “ , more talk of pride in playing for football club than I’ve  ever heard from Mowbray .

Just look at his signings over the past couple of seasons, what he paid for them how they performed and the money they would have gone for had it not been administration...no fault of his 

I know this will be a dreadful post to many but.....he’s available and Mowbray’s here.....you do the thinking on that one 

I'm not looking for son in law material I just want someone who's a winner and who will get us out of this division whilst we've still got a club left.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, OssyLad said:

What manager is gonna wanna work under venkys? Come on seriously!! They sack Mowbray and we’ll end up with a nobody and a yes man. 

That's always going to be the problem, the Chicken Chokers don't know the first thing about the game and in ten years they're still as clueless as they were when they first bought the club. That takes some doing when you think about it. At 16 I didn't know how to read a micrometer, at 26 I was a skilled engineer with the world at my feet.

We can only dream though, it's either that or pack up watching all together !

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 47er said:

But we've still lost a lot of money haven't we?

I don’t know. If he doesn’t go to Brentford then again he doesn’t work with the keeper coach there. Then if the the keeper coach doesn’t go to Arsenal he doesn’t get that chance either....it’s not like every top club in the land want him. It’s a specific set of circumstances.

Had we kept him another year COULD we have got £5m? Maybe. Did Brentford’s run at the playoffs increase his demand?

As I’ve said, it’s a bloody fantastic move for him and I wish him all the best. Everything has aligned. But the keeper I saw for a couple of seasons was no world beater. £3m with a decent sell on was easily enough for me at the time. Had we signed a Kaminski at the time I don’t think we’d have given Raya a second thought.

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, OssyLad said:

What manager is gonna wanna work under venkys? Come on seriously!! They sack Mowbray and we’ll end up with a nobody and a yes man. 

Why wouldn't they?

Any manager here gets to practically run the club.Mowbray has been backed with cash and hasn't been forced to sell a single player.

Offer enough money and a lot of managers would come here.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I don’t know. If he doesn’t go to Brentford then he doesn’t work with the keeper coach there. Then if the the keeper coach doesn’t go to Arsenal he doesn’t get that chance either....it’s not like every top club in the land want him. It’s a specific set of circumstances.

Had we kept him another year COULD we have got £5m? Maybe. Did Brentford’s run at the playoffs increase his demand?

As I’ve said, it’s a bloody fantastic move for him and I wish him all the best. Everything has aligned. But the keeper I saw for a couple of seasons was no world beater. £3m with a decent sell on was easily enough for me at the time. Had we signed a Kaminski at the time I don’t think we’d have given Raya a second thought.

I like to give the new guy a bit more time before deciding he's the answer to our prayers. I really hope he is, I'm well Walton'ed out. He did have to pick three out of the back of the net yesterday when all said and done.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Why wouldn't they?

Any manager here gets to practically run the club.Mowbray has been backed with cash and hasn't been forced to sell a single player.

Offer enough money and a lot of managers would come here.

It's the best job in football. A pressure free zone, especially now its all behind closed doors. Nobody waiting for you tomorrow morning  - " It's about Saturday's match Tony, Can you just come into the boardroom ? The directors would like a word ".

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Swanson said:

Well that was a nightmare ish "journey", but here are all names (I think) that we have been linked with so far this window (Media, social media, journalist and ITK's on this board) 

Dillon Phillips
Naby Sarr
Nat Phillips
Scott McKenna
Ollie Rathbone
Rob Elliott
Cedric Kipre
Daniel Ayala
Ansley Pears
Grant Hanley
Ben Whiteman
Liam Lindsay
Alfie Mawson
Steve Sessegnon

Keiren Westwood
David Cornell

Daniel Iversen
Arijanet Muric
Kieran O'Hara
Brad Smith
Connor Ripley
Florian Hartherz
Jonathan Bond
Simon Terodde
Patrick Erras
Stefan Schwab
Jon McLaughlin
Greg Cunningham
James Garner
Niklas Schmidt
Kim Jin-su
Linus Wahlqvist
Christian Maghoma
Mathieu Michel
Jordan Jones
Leo Skiri Østigård
Charlie Goode
Kienan Davis

Anton Mitryushkin
Elliott Moore
Miiko Albornoz
Aleix García
Florian Hubner

Ronan Darcy
Tom Edwards
Thomas Galdames

I have removed those players I know have found a new club.

Yasser Larouci

Timo Letschert

Harry Souttar

Jaka Bijol

Philipp Hofmann

I want all these, in order of preference 

56 minutes ago, Dolly blue said:

This will not go down well ! ...however, I’ve  just listened to Paul  Cook for 5 minutes on Sky ( before Ipswich / Wigan game )....deep breath.......I heard more football sense, more passion , more “ I know a player when  I see one “ , more talk of pride in playing for football club than I’ve  ever heard from Mowbray .

Just look at his signings over the past couple of seasons, what he paid for them how they performed and the money they would have gone for had it not been administration...no fault of his 

I know this will be a dreadful post to many but.....he’s available and Mowbray’s here.....you do the thinking on that one 

If we are going to replace Mowbray we have to aim a lot higher than Paul Cook. He has operated under similar budgets to Mowbray and still finished below us in both Championship seasons (even if you don't subtract their 12 point penalty). Had a lot of turnover of players in the last two seasons. Bought a lot of duds as well as some good ones. Even with deflated transfer values, has he produced a gem like Dack og Armstrong?

Swapping Mowbray for Cook would be like for like. If we work on limited resources you might consider promoting Damien Johnson and pair him with a good assistant manager. Then you have a decent chance to harvest the talent pool from the academy.

Christ still going on about Raya.

He would sell for more now because he played for a team within a whisker of the prem. Playing for an average team pottering around mid table behind a shite defence we got a fair price.

Sorry but he is a million miles away, still, from being a solid keeper in the prem.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

People have their own views on Raya and his value. For me he was at times a calamity, others he was a saviour but those occasions were few and far between. To get £3m for him from a championship club was good business especially with a sell on clause. I do not recall any premiership clubs being in for him whilst at Rovers and in any case he didn’t showcase premiership qualities at Ewood.

He might have improved slightly at Brentford when playing in a footballing team but at times his goalkeeping was questionable, we saw it versus Rovers and we saw it in the play offs.

If he goes to arsenal fair play, he won’t ever be a number 1 for any long period of time, he will be a benchwarmer. 

If arsenal think he is worth £13m they are utterly daft, he is  not! So if he does move and we get a slice of the fee then £5-£6m for him represents good business for us In my view.

Think ill judge their educated opinion over yours.

16 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

All about opinions. I know what I saw and Raya is not a top keeper. He may become one but he isn’t. Arsenals decision to buy Raya isn’t because he’s blown anyone’s socks off it’s because of his relationship to the coach. Good luck to him. Fantastic move...but I feel the need to use terminology that is often mentioned on here.

Lets not re-write history on Raya. When we sold him, very few if any were too bothered. He was a very inconsistent performer.

I suggest you go read back - there were many completely against it.

• Like 1