BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Obviously there isn't much budget for the backup keeper. 

Be interesting what fee and contract they stretch to. And how they suddenly find money for it.

Less than a million quid for two keepers could turn out a masterstroke or another ' cheaper is better' bollox up.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

That's the flaw.

You need a keeper to challenge. Not a keeper to just sit there and come on when called upon.

I went Kasinski to feel like the No.2 keeper is breathing down his neck so he is on his toes to keep form.

There is a hierarchy of goalkeepers at pretty much every club. In an ideal world then yes you have a second choice keeper who is fantastic but this is a mid table Championship club who have let in 132 goals over the last 2 seasons and have not added any defenders to that defence. You need a defence that can defend otherwise you are not going to achieve much. A Camp or a Steele would provide solid experienced competition/back up for Kaminski and would be free transfers allowing us to use funds to buy starting 11 players for our defence.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Wheres that from? Guessing assumed from that random tweet?

Would be the best possible CB we could get although doesnt have the mobility to cope with the full back on his side playing so far up.

That fella who tweeted was the same guy who had it about Kipre before anyone else broke it.Fingers crossed Ayala the type we need

20 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

There is a hierarchy of goalkeepers at pretty much every club. In an ideal world then yes you have a second choice keeper who is fantastic but this is a mid table Championship club who have let in 132 goals over the last 2 seasons and have not added any defenders to that defence. You need a defence that can defend otherwise you are not going to achieve much. A Camp or a Steele would provide solid experienced competition/back up for Kaminski and would be free transfers allowing us to use funds to buy starting 11 players for our defence.  

I didn't say fantastic. I just meant has potential to progress and force his way into the reckoning.

From the list posted earlier. Only Archer has this potential over Kasinski in my opinion. Pears is a bit of a wildcard but he definitely has the potential to force his way into Mowbray's thinking if Kasinski has a wobble.

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Any news on the LB? You said it defo wasn't Cunningham IIRC

I don't think so no, it's not a name I have heard of as being active but you never know. Obviously he has a previous working relationship with Mowbray so that has the potential to move faster than other deals.

The Chilean LB worries me.

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

So if it is Ayala, has he significantly lowered his wage demands, was Swaggot full of shit, or are we panicking and offering him whatever he wants?

Might be mistaken but thought I read that we'd agreed personal terms but obviously the overseas team offered way more when they came in

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

So if it is Ayala, has he significantly lowered his wage demands, was Swaggot full of shit, or are we panicking and offering him whatever he wants?

It was said he rejected us for an offer to go to Saudi Arabia. I guess he went there and found out that money isn't everything. That also fits the quarantine aspect of the story.

• Like 2

I know it is only first day of the season, but the kipre situation does seem a tad strange. 3 centre backs played and hes not in the match day squad. Absolutely battered today and barely had the quality to get out of the championship. As many of us said at the time they need to be aiming a little higher than lower midtable champ defenders to progress.. just seems an all round strange signing to me.

Anyway moving on, rumours of a CB, which is great but the massive and immediate prority is a LB. We should be under self imposed embargo until one is signed.

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Was he off to Saudi, or was it a Spanish club? If it was Saudi, he may have read up and decided he didn't want to live there. If he isn't going there (or wherever else a deal collapsed) then presumably we were the next highest offer.

Meaning he hasn't lowered his demands, just doesn't have a better offer anymore.

Edited by bluebruce

Just now, briansol said:

It was said he rejected us for an offer to go to Saudi Arabia. I guess he went there and found out that money isn't everything. That also fits the quarantine aspect of the story.

I don't get the comment on twitter about it not being exciting though. Obviously his opinion, but if it is Ayala, I'd find that very exciting.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Ayala is a good player but even if he signs we will still need another centre back as Lenihan and Ayala are both prone to injuries.

Agreed but at least in Ayala we would have a quality first team defender. Big improvement on what we already have, 

Ayala would be a free transfer so wonder who the player we have a bid in for is.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, LDRover said:

Think you need to watch it again. He's pressing the ball and as soon as it is squared sprints to close down from where the ball came from. There were 2 other centre mids in Johnson and Travis who were hiding in the back line and made no attempt at all to pressure the goalscorer.

Edit - Arma is 5 yards away from Stacey when he receives the ball and doesn't even move while Holtby makes 15 yards up having defended a short corner. I'd assume Arma got a bollocking for that.

I watched it back and I think I was wrongish in what I said. 

Holtby definitely tries hard to close the ball down, but he is also out of position when the ball is played to their goalscorer and doesn't quite pickup that's where the balls going early enough.

I wouldn't lay the blame at his feet for the goal.

Johnson is in such a weird position for the 1st goal. 

I feel like if we are playing 3 midfielders only then we need more mobility. Johnson and Holtby arent 90 minute players for me. Johnson huffs and puffs, Holtby went very quiet after the hour mark. My worry is you cant have 2 of those 3 midfielders who regularly struggle putting in a full 90 min shift.

• Like 2