BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

9 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I watched it back and I think I was wrongish in what I said. 

Holtby definitely tries hard to close the ball down, but he is also out of position when the ball is played to their goalscorer and doesn't quite pickup that's where the balls going early enough.

I wouldn't lay the blame at his feet for the goal.

Johnson is in such a weird position for the 1st goal. 

I feel like if we are playing 3 midfielders only then we need more mobility. Johnson and Holtby arent 90 minute players for me. Johnson huffs and puffs, Holtby went very quiet after the hour mark. My worry is you cant have 2 of those 3 midfielders who regularly struggle putting in a full 90 min shift.

I agree. If we are able to land James Garner on loan, I think he could be a major player for us with Travis.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Have you seen him play? 

Not much. Seen him a couple of times on TV and some highlights. Definitely a type we need. Dubbed the next Michael Carrick by Solskjaer. All-action midfielder with a goal threat. United fans have been claiming for his inclusion in the first team for a couple of years. 

Good chance he would be the best midfielder at the club if he came.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I watched it back and I think I was wrongish in what I said. 

Holtby definitely tries hard to close the ball down, but he is also out of position when the ball is played to their goalscorer and doesn't quite pickup that's where the balls going early enough.

I wouldn't lay the blame at his feet for the goal.

Johnson is in such a weird position for the 1st goal. 

I feel like if we are playing 3 midfielders only then we need more mobility. Johnson and Holtby arent 90 minute players for me. Johnson huffs and puffs, Holtby went very quiet after the hour mark. My worry is you cant have 2 of those 3 midfielders who regularly struggle putting in a full 90 min shift.

Completely agree with the point in bold. I'm a big fan of Holtby and think he's a cut above at this level but he does disappear around the hour mark.

Also noticed you've not dug Travis out on the 1st goal? He was equally culpable with Johnson but seems to get a free pass. I think his form has flat lined since lockdown and he needs to pick it up quickly as we need him on it.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

So if it is Ayala, has he significantly lowered his wage demands, was Swaggot full of shit, or are we panicking and offering him whatever he wants?

Or was he one of players who agreed terms and was having a medical but he went to Middle East?.

Now he been for talks and seen the area he doesnt fancy regardless of terms

5 minutes ago, briansol said:

Wouldn't Ayala fit that criteria? Esp if he has went to Saudi Arabia and changed his mind?

Yes he would, but he wrote that we made a bid for a domestic CB. Ayala is a free transfer, so no need to bid. Could just be phrasing though.

Edited by Swanson

31 minutes ago, briansol said:

Not much. Seen him a couple of times on TV and some highlights. Definitely a type we need. Dubbed the next Michael Carrick by Solskjaer. All-action midfielder with a goal threat. United fans have been claiming for his inclusion in the first team for a couple of years. 

Good chance he would be the best midfielder at the club if he came.

Sounds like what we need.

9 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Would he be on holiday if he was looking for a club when the season has started?

You wouldn't think so, but domestic generally means not international or foreign and the only reason for quarantine is if they have been abroad recently or have had a positive Covid test or been exposed to someone who has.