BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

22 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I know if he isn't a Rovers fan but if I was previously happy with the overall package of moving to Blackburn Rovers it would have to be a very lucrative counter offer indeed that blew my existing offer completely out of the water to make me change my mind at that late stage. We ihave no idea f that's actually the case or not

It's not like he's got a late offer from The Premier League or La Liga or anything so like I say it doesn't exactly scream commitment on his part. I still can't see it happening.

If I was the Club and we were contemplating off ering a player that age a deal which stretched or possibly broke our wage structure I'd now be looking at it with a degree of caution as well if he came back to us simply because his other deal had broken down.

You never know but I can't see it happening.

Yeah I'm not saying the deal is likely to happen I have no idea on that.

But to get him interested in a move to Saudi in the first place you would have to presume he was being offered a very lucrative deal.

Would be a very good singing if his move to Saudi has broken down for whatever reason.I wouldnt have any concerns going back to him if a deal can be done 

21 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Re: Ayala, hope it's a case of:

Agreed terms with Blackburn, great!

Oh, Saudi club are offering double? Might as well see what it's like.

Ugh, no thanks. Blackburn it is!

Shame for him is that making that choice he has incurred a 2 week long quarantine if he comes back to the UK.

In other news, Mowbray, who see's no hurry in the transfer market and following through with players has only had 17 players in training for the Newcastle United match.

Remember, most of these players are going to have to play the next Championship game as well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Shame for him is that making that choice he has incurred a 2 week long quarantine if he comes back to the UK.

In other news, Mowbray, who see's no hurry in the transfer market and following through with players has only had 17 players in training for the Newcastle United match.

Remember, most of these players are going to have to play the next Championship game as well.

Why can’t we get a few more of the under 23s involved for tomorrow’s squad?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

This managers sees no urgency in anything at all that's why we constantly end up hamstrung in certain positions. A few knocks or lengthy injuries and we are up the creek this season yet he slumps back into his chair with his cup of tea.

Never forget the lemon drizzle

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, tomphil said:

This managers sees no urgency in anything at all that's why we constantly end up hamstrung in certain positions. A few knocks or lengthy injuries and we are up the creek this season yet he slumps back into his chair with his cup of tea.

He’s certainly not been great since the tail end of last season, but it’s certain to say we’re a Lenihan injury away from being up it without a paddle! I’d even expect the same lack of urgency in the market if it did happen.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Why can’t we get a few more of the under 23s involved for tomorrow’s squad?

We are letting them play the u23s game instead. Including Davenport, which is baffling to me, especially since Johnson is out with injury.

• Like 6

If any truth to these Garner rumours surely be looking to loan out Davenport or sell him .

Be a shame as he hasn't had much of an opportunity, he did well at Burton the matches I seen and has shown a bit of promise the few chances he has had here, but must be well out of the picture if he isn't being given a chance against Newcastle

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, islander200 said:

If any truth to these Garner rumours surely be looking to loan out Davenport or sell him .

Be a shame as he hasn't had much of an opportunity, he did well at Burton the matches I seen and has shown a bit of promise the few chances he has had here, but must be well out of the picture if he isn't being given a chance against Newcastle

With Mowbray's virtual 5 man midfield, I'm still of the belief we are 1 man short.

• Like 1

I am surprised by Davenport too. I think he's decent. Johnson and Evans have qualities but are not going to last all season. I would imagine that Travis, Johnson, Evans, Davenport will get rotated in the flanking two CM "water carrier" roles, while Holtby and Buckley will share the central playmaker CM role.

If we are playing high pressing those flanking roles are going to be really really intense as they are asked to cover a lot of ground. If you run out of legs there to whole system falls apart.

I can see a fair bit of rotation as we play Saturday/Tuesday a lot.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Or another very possible reason would be Mrs Ayala says:

"If you think I'm upping sticks & moving the kids out here to live like this, you can f*** off!"

"Take that offer off Blackburn & we can carry on as we were. We're not exactly skint"

He's an exceptionally brave man if the family had agreed on another move within this Country then he unilaterally scrapped that in favour of a previously undiscussed move out to Saudi he hadn't run by "she who must be obeyed" first!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

He's an exceptionally brave man if the family had agreed on another move within this Country then he unilaterally scrapped that in favour of a previously undiscussed move out to Saudi he hadn't run by "she who must be obeyed" first!

The thought of that scenario strikes fear. I’m sure that behaviour comes with a death penalty 

8 minutes ago, unsall said:

Not easy this transfer lark.Warnock struggling to get new faces in.

85E85559-322E-44AF-9517-771057EFF269.jpeg

7E11B95F-83A6-4E06-AA02-8D7C5E9FEDDD.jpeg

The difference though is:

Warnock acknowledges the need for reinforcements. 

Mowbray seemingly doesn't see the urgency.

Edit: "Warlock" Lol. Bloody predictive text. Maybe that's how he gets them in.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

4 minutes ago, unsall said:

Not easy this transfer lark.Warnock struggling to get new faces in.

85E85559-322E-44AF-9517-771057EFF269.jpeg

7E11B95F-83A6-4E06-AA02-8D7C5E9FEDDD.jpeg

It isnt, but we are always the club that lags behind most which is the main frustration. We need to improve and our current side is worse than last season, why would we compare to an example of the most frustrated manager in the League. Boro have signed 3 players too so even amidst the frustration he has done a lot more than us.

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Before I get excited can somebody please fill me in.

Is this a solid link about us signing a quality defender?

Or is it someone off twitter's mate who had a pint with an ex player on Sunday?

Bit of both. Random bloke off Twitter but same bloke who broke the Kipre link.

• Like 1