BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

4 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Yet they have already signed 3 players and we have only manged bring one in.

And......I think everyone would cut the Club a bit of slack if it was just this window but with us it's every window since we were promoted.

Mowbray made a comment in the LT at one point to the effect that it was one thing getting players out of Gillingham (Dack) and another thing entirely signing Championship players.

Our recruitment team seem way out of our depth at this level.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 5

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

And......I think everyone would cut the Club a bit of slack if it was just this window but with us it's every window since we were promoted.

Mowbray made a comment in the LT at one point to the effect that it was one thing getting players out of Gillingham (Dack) and another thing entirely signing Championship players.

Our recruitment team seem way out of our depth at this level.

Way to disrespect Gillingham too. Souness managed to keep it classy when we signed Stead from then-Div4 Huddersfield.

15 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The difference though is:

Warnock acknowledges the need for reinforcements. 

Mowbray seemingly doesn't see the urgency.

Edit: "Warlock" Lol. Bloody predictive text. Maybe that's how he gets them in.

No difference,both clubs tried to recruit early, it’s not easy for any club unless money no object.

Boro have done same as Rovers, get rid of top earners, but replacing them takes time and think both clubs will sign a few more but will probably be nearer the end of the window.

4 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

@chaddyrovers surely you will retract your point in regards to Quarantine now Mowbray agrees with me?

“The bottom line is that if you’re signing a footballer and he’s coming for two or three years you don’t worry about two weeks, if there’s two weeks quarantine then he has to quarantine," Mowbray told the Lancashire Telegraph. 

well my point was one about signings overall in the league not just Rovers related. 

But Its good to see Mowbray saying that club transfer targets won't be determined by the quarantine measures

31 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The difference though is:

Warnock acknowledges the need for reinforcements. 

Mowbray seemingly doesn't see the urgency.

Edit: "Warlock" Lol. Bloody predictive text. Maybe that's how he gets them in.

I think you are wrong there Rev. Mowbray knows we signings otherwise we wouldn't been trying to make signings and had players in for medicals. 

Just now, JoeH said:

Don't understand this obsession with Warnock... Boro will finish below us I bet.

Because he is the most vocal with his frustrations and thus seems to be the go to from those defending our lack of ability to get signings through the door, even though it is a recurring theme, especially in defence.

What that fails to appreciate is that why, as a club who have lost some key figures and one who was well off our target last year in the end, we are benchmarking our transfer business against the most frustrated manager in the league, we need to make up points and have a better window than our rivals. And also that amidst the public frustration, Warnock has signed 3 first team players to our 1.

That being said, theres no doubt that he is as good a manager as you can get at this level.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, unsall said:

No difference,both clubs tried to recruit early, it’s not easy for any club unless money no object.

Boro have done same as Rovers, get rid of top earners, but replacing them takes time and think both clubs will sign a few more but will probably be nearer the end of the window.

We'll see.

In our case it's probably a question of whether we sign the two quality defenders we need to go straight into the starting eleven as opposed to "will we sign anyone at all" as I expect we'll see a couple of peripheral signings to pad out the squad that aren't particularly needed.

6 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Don't understand this obsession with Warnock... Boro will finish below us I bet.

after watching them on Friday you could be right. 

I didn't understand why Fry wasn't in the team or why McNair played at centre back 

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

has signed 3 first team players to our 1.

haven't we signed 2 if we are counting Dolan who is in the 1st team squad now

• Backroom
11 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Charity fiver? Name your charity and I'll pledge £5 if we finish above Boro. If they finish above us, will you pledge to National Deaf Children's Society?

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Good lad Chaddy!

You're reaching so far there you must be nearly toppling over but I love your doggedness and indefatigability!

I wish you were in charge of getting our transfer deals over the line. You'd lock the buggers in the room without  food and water until they sign on the dotted line!

??

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

well my point was one about signings overall in the league not just Rovers related. 

But Its good to see Mowbray saying that club transfer targets won't be determined by the quarantine measures

I think you are wrong there Rev. Mowbray knows we signings otherwise we wouldn't been trying to make signings and had players in for medicals. 

Do you remember "Defenders are coming.....", wouldn't be the first time he's blown smoke up us

1 minute ago, Tormund said:

I’ve always quite rated Ayala, what’s the story with him leaving Boro? Did he want to leave or was he pushed? How come he hasn’t signed for another club at our level? 

Story goes they couldn't or wouldn't  meet his demands any longer which you'd think would make any suggestion he'd come here extremely far fetched.

18 minutes ago, JoeH said:

He knows how to get promoted, 8 promotions in his career and 3 from the second tier. 

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dolan signed as a free agent on July 1st. The window for this summer didn't open until July 27th, so no Dolan was not signed in this window.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, unsall said:

It's a bugger that predictive text. In the politics thread I wanted to say words along the lines of - " the Tories hanker for power ". It changed " Hanker " to " Banker ". When I tried again it changed  "Hanker " to " Wanker " !  I gave up then and resorted to " yearn."