BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

well my point was one about signings overall in the league not just Rovers relBut Its good to see Mowbray saying that club transfer targets won't be determined by the quarantine measures

I think you are wrong there Rev. Mowbray knows we signings otherwise we wouldn't been trying to make signings and had players in for medicals. 

Omgggg chaddy u liar ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Ayala? I don't believe a word of it I'm afraid. Someone creating the rumour because his move abroad hasn't been announced yet. Yet more people trying to claim they are ITK when they have no idea at all. 

I have to say it's hard how we would meet his demands. Maybe because he's on a free we will throw him a big signing on fee but keep the wages in our structure. Could work? I think that's how we swung Holtby.

12 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I have to say it's hard how we would meet his demands. Maybe because he's on a free we will throw him a big signing on fee but keep the wages in our structure. Could work? I think that's how we swung Holtby.

That will be how we do the deal if it comes off no doubt.

Like you say Holtby must have been done that way as he was on wages higher than our ceiling 

25 minutes ago, islander200 said:

That will be how we do the deal if it comes off no doubt.

Like you say Holtby must have been done that way as he was on wages higher than our ceiling 

The only advantage to that surely is that it doesn't have players knocking on the manager's door complaining they're only on £20k and he's on £30k. (p.w)

It still comes out of the same pot at the end of the day so it either leaves you in the same amount of debt, or if FFP is still in effect, it's still going to put you over.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

3 hours ago, Mike E said:

Charity fiver? Name your charity and I'll pledge £5 if we finish above Boro. If they finish above us, will you pledge to National Deaf Children's Society?

Like it! I’ll happily go for that. Any particular reason for the charity in question? I’ll go for Diabetes UK. 

33 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

The term In The Know is such a moronic label. I'm not asking for credit. I'm not expecting plaudits. I know some sports agents, some staff at clubs, some players and some data analysts who also have access to people who are on the receiving end of information..

If I hear something I shall mention it on here if I think it's credible. Most instances I don't know targets. But sometimes I find out information.

No point explaining mate. Some genuinely not interested in anything that doesn’t serve their Ill-informed opinion.

Say what you’ve gotta say and then communicate only with anyone who has anything constructive to say. Scroll past the mood hoovers and you’ll be reet.

Thanks for sticking your neck on the block. It’s an unforgiving position but it’s appreciated...by most ??

• Like 4

Unforgiving position ? being an ITK, because not all heroes wear capes!

Regarding the targets. By all means its about quality, but he under appreciates the games that any signing will miss the longer these deals take to close, especially with quarantine. Need the competence and the urgency to get a left back and a centre back in ASAP.

Ayala would be ideal, not fast, not good on the ball and has had injury problems so may need a second CB and we cant play too aggressively high up the pitch with our full backs. No resale value either. But a proper defender and a leader. Im unconvinced we can get a deal done for him however.

On Warnock / Boro I really don't understand the confidence that they'll finish ahead of us.

I watched them in their opening game, they looked sluggish to me. Their defence the way it's currently set up as a baffling one. They've got a relatively unchanged squad from 2019/20 where they finished 17th in the division. Yes Warnock is a better manager than the previous one at the Riverside, but with an unimproved side I can't see them climbing the 6 or so places I think they'll need to climb to be on level with us come the end of the season.

Hall and McNair featuring in a back three doesn't scream success to me either. 

11 minutes ago, JoeH said:

On Warnock / Boro I really don't understand the confidence that they'll finish ahead of us.

I watched them in their opening game, they looked sluggish to me. Their defence the way it's currently set up as a baffling one. They've got a relatively unchanged squad from 2019/20 where they finished 17th in the division. Yes Warnock is a better manager than the previous one at the Riverside, but with an unimproved side I can't see them climbing the 6 or so places I think they'll need to climb to be on level with us come the end of the season.

Hall and McNair featuring in a back three doesn't scream success to me either. 

It's quite simple the Warnock factor he knows the league inside out and has had plenty of success in it. Warnock's nous alone will be worth a fair few points for them. Whereas our manager is more of a hinderance than a help and his lack of nous costs us points over the course of a season. Also I'm not so sure that they will need to climb 6 places to finish above us. 

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Warnock's nous alone will be worth a fair few points for them.

Whereas our manager is more of a hinderance than a help and his lack of nous.

1) is Warnock's nous alone worth an extra ten points with an identical squad to last season?

2) how can you call our manager a hindrance and say he lacks nous when we're in a significantly better position than Boro in a lot of categories? It's baffling.