BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

7 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Not even slightly. We need experience at the back. End of. Ayala and Cunningham are perfect in my opinion. Too many times we sign youngsters on loan/with a view of developing them. We need to sign some players this window ready to go straight in.

It's back up.

I'd suggest Lenham and (say) Ayala with Wharton, Magloire and maybe even Williams as back up would be pretty strong for a Club our current size.

The key is getting in the top CB for the first eleven, I'm not too worried about the back up. 

On Wharton in particular, if the manager here won't give him a chance then loans him out to League 2 Clubs, and he does the business (2 seasons running) I don't see how Wharton can be criticised for that. You can only beat whats in front of you.

28 minutes ago, OssyLad said:

Germans fans are back in ground ??

They'll be back out again if that Leistner keeps it up!

Got to admire a man brave enough to attack an entire crowd. Wouldn't mind a defender with that much aggression and balls. Probably make the odd rash blunder though...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I'm in for a tenner as well.

I'll pass on the Gallagher one though i think he might notch ten this season !  I backed him for that last season mind you but like the manager i believe in second chances. Unlike the manager though i'd only ever have him up top never wide.

I don't see him as a player that'll ever be more than a single figures man but if he leaves me a lot lighter in the wallet than I was anticipating I'll put up with that as it might mean (against ny expectations) we've had a decent campaign!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Sounds like he's running out of ideas.

Yep.

If we're revisiting old deals in general that have floundered to date it sounds like we've gone back to the owners for more money.

On Ayala in particular if Sharpe is not committing himself any further than "it has a pulse" it sounds like it's not completely out of the question but not particularly likely either.

I predict another 50 pages of speculation and excitement about whether he is actually coming after all before he moves to another Club entirely.

Hope I'm proved wrong.

12 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It's back up.

I'd suggest Lenham and (say) Ayala with Wharton, Magloire and maybe even Williams as back up would be pretty strong for a Club our current size.

The key is getting in the top CB for the first eleven, I'm not too worried about the back up. 

On Wharton in particular, if the manager here won't give him a chance then loans him out to League 2 Clubs, and he does the business (2 seasons running) I don't see how Wharton can be criticised for that. You can only beat whats in front of you.

I agree with this. Nyambe can also kick inside if needed, and would have no qualms with sticking JRC in at Full Back, where he had his best preseason game vs Blackpool there.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

I agree with this. Nyambe can also kick inside if needed, and would have no qualms with sticking JRC in at Full Back, where he had his best preseason game vs Blackpool there.

Yep. Obviously we need the first choice left back as well, I'm not saying we only need one CB, rather we need a top class CB and top class LB.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Mowbray is expecting to agree a fee with Boro to sign Pears. Should be around £300,000.

Warnock is trying to drum up the price though by encouraging more interested buyers.

The good news is it's a decent second keeper. 

The bad news is the fee. Surely there would be a decent back up who doesn't cost a fee. Especially when we really need a centre back and left back. 

9 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

The good news is it's a decent second keeper. 

The bad news is the fee. Surely there would be a decent back up who doesn't cost a fee. Especially when we really need a centre back and left back. 

It seems a lot to pay for a probable bench warmer. I would have thought a decent second in line could be got for quite a bit less than that  Maybe Mowbray has heard Pears looks like a decent outfield player in training, he could slot him in at left back.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Maybe Mowbray has heard Pears looks like a decent outfield player in training, he could slot him in at left back.

Or maybe he's sorting his mates son out with a decent contract for a few years....we have 3 keepers here who could do what he's going to do.  Stinks and another feather in the Mowbray nest.

• Like 5

Mowbray finally said the dreaded words of “Last week of transfer window clubs get desperate & Lots of deals are done on the last day especially “

He seems to aiming for that but never learns from his past experiences....

Edited by unleaded
  • Like 8