BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, roversfan99 said:

My main issue with Ayala, not as an individual because as I said, I am very happy if he signs. 

But he isnt the quickest and he isnt the most elegant, he is a proper defender. Playing too high and playing with the full backs concentrating on attacking may expose his weaknesses.

If he organises the defence he'll make a world of difference. 

We're often at 6s and 7s. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

No getting away from this being a frustrating summer on the transfer front, but getting Ayala on a free really does put it in a wholly different light. All of a sudden we're a left back away from being a team to be reckoned with at this level

That would have been the bare minimum we need but truthfully, we need another CB as cover, possibly a RB for competition (and to stop Bennett playing there) and possibly somebody else for up top with DG and DS gone. That's without the backup keeper and LB that we need as minimum.

Still, I am so far happy with the keeper on first impressions and Ayala brings lots of experience to our backline. As long as we get the LB and backup goalie on perms, I would not be adverse to filling the other requirements with a few good quality loans.

2 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

With our recent experiences of "closing deals" i find it mental that people are openly saying we're close/going to sign Ayala. Balls of steel if you ask me ha. Don't believe anything until the club announce he's signed.

For all we know his names being put out again and we are the bait to get other clubs moving.

Hope it comes off but to be told we've missed out twice would be even more galling.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Yes seemed a decent busy pub early/mid 2000's shame it bit the dust yet the others seem to keep going.

I'd say there were too many pubs in that one stretch (Lord Nelson to the Roebuck), but there's beem a couple of housing developments taken place nearby so you'd think there'd be demand.

Who knows. 

8 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

That would have been the bare minimum we need but truthfully, we need another CB as cover, possibly a RB for competition (and to stop Bennett playing there) and possibly somebody else for up top with DG and DS gone. That's without the backup keeper and LB that we need as minimum.

Still, I am so far happy with the keeper on first impressions and Ayala brings lots of experience to our backline. As long as we get the LB and backup goalie on perms, I would not be adverse to filling the other requirements with a few good quality loans.

Agree that there is still work to be done, but to be honest I'd be happy for all of the remaining signings to be loans so long as the quality is right, now we have the goalkeeper & centre half sorted for the long term. Obviously permanent deals are preferable but we don't suffer from instability in the same way we would (arguably are continuing to) from having loans in goal or at centre back like last year.

• Like 1

Someone else available on the market. ?

“Stokesy has been in training for approximately 4 weeks now and it’s fair to say that we both knew that there was going to be a lot of work to be done to get Anthony into top shape to play Premiership football.

“Whilst trying to get the player in shape, it’s been extremely frustrating for all of us, staff and player alike, that we can’t seem to get the intense training needed into the player”.

Jeez we have signed some belters over the years. 

39 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

My main issue with Ayala, not as an individual because as I said, I am very happy if he signs. 

But he isnt the quickest and he isnt the most elegant, he is a proper defender. Playing too high and playing with the full backs concentrating on attacking may expose his weaknesses.

Not forgetting his threat at set pieces. Always capable of nodding one in from corners

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Someone else available on the market. ?

“Stokesy has been in training for approximately 4 weeks now and it’s fair to say that we both knew that there was going to be a lot of work to be done to get Anthony into top shape to play Premiership football.

“Whilst trying to get the player in shape, it’s been extremely frustrating for all of us, staff and player alike, that we can’t seem to get the intense training needed into the player”.

Jeez we have signed some belters over the years. 

Sooner he completely lands on the scrapheap the better, still he probably has the right agents to end up a well paid pundit. Represents everything wrong with football that #### !

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

Also, Ayala is a superb signing if we get it done. A LB and a decent back up option at CB and we are really looking good. Throw another (yes, another) central midfielder of quality on the books and we are looking even better!

After sorting the defence which hopefully we will, I’d rather us get another forward in than another central midfielder. If Armstrong got injured and we’d be left relying on Brereton and Gallagher we’d be in huge trouble.

4 minutes ago, Butty said:

After sorting the defence which hopefully we will, I’d rather us get another forward in than another central midfielder. If Armstrong got injured and we’d be left relying on Brereton and Gallagher we’d be in huge trouble.

You're right.  To be fair - we need both a midfielder and a forward once we have 2 CBs, a LB and a back up GK. I imagine a forward would be a loan signing at this point